A few comments on C&F and DJ mentality

Broham

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright men and boys,
I just wanted to discuss a few scenarios where you don't need to apply C&F to be successful with women.

You rarely have to use C&F if:

-The girl is already into you

This one is self-explanatory. If a girl blatantly digs you b/c of your looks, personality or a combo of both, you don't need to be a ****y jerk. This will send her a mixed message. Show her a great time and she'll give you a great time later on ;)

-The girl lacks self-esteem/confidence

Guys, if she doesn't possess these traits you aren't going to make yourself look special by cracking jokes about her. She may be extremely hot to you, but in her mind she's not that special. Therefore, there's no pedestal to knock her off. Focus on having fun and she'll be in your pants in no time.

-The girl lacks intelligence

With the dummies, you need to keep it simple. Alot of C&F comes from a quick witted mind, and alot of hotties just don't have this. You will just confuse her. It's better to focus on having a good time and laughing about (you guessed it) stupid things.

I'm speaking through experience here. I have scared off a few girls who were intially into me by being a ****y jerk when I didn't need to be. You need to qualify the girl here, feel her out and see if its necessarily. The 9s and 10s almost always require C&F and a sound DJ mindset. However, I'm willing to say there are alot of cases where you can just be yourself, apply the basic principles like not being needy, giving each other space, etc... and you'll do fine. Most importantly, HAVE FUN. I think most guys on here are so anti-AFC that they forget that having fun is probably the most attractive quality out there. I girl can be the hottest thing alive but if she sits there and does nothing, I'm out.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thumbs up. C&F is useful in the beginning, but after you've been around the same girl(s) for any length of time you can open up more and be yourself. If you're naturally C&F, then so be it. However, like has been mentioned, C&F is primarily used to increase or (potentially) create interest.

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you know how to be funny without a straight man(or woman) then that puts you a step above all the C&F guys.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to counter the anti-C&F lobby.

Sure you don't need to do it if she digs you.

Sure it won't work on women with low intelligence.

Sure if she's a mouse you'll make her squeak.

So if I was Brad Pitt I wouldn't use it on a HB 10, if they are thick I can't help them and if she's a mouse she can suck my cheese.

Broham

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alpine
Just to counter the anti-C&F lobby.

Sure you don't need to do it if she digs you.

Sure it won't work on women with low intelligence.

Sure if she's a mouse you'll make her squeak.

So if I was Brad Pitt I wouldn't use it on a HB 10, if they are thick I can't help them and if she's a mouse she can suck my cheese.
ok.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post but it's sad that the obvious needs to be said. I truly feel that C&F should be catagorized as an advanced skill. Too often RAFCs use C&F as an excuse to be an @sshole because they have the personality of a rock; not even a bag of rocks.

newplaya

Don Juan
Reaction score
Humour

If you guy's dont use C&F what kind of humour routine do you guy's use?

Do you guy's use neg hits?

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
Huh? So you should practice your jokes on homosexuals? :p
An FYI:

A straight man is a term that dates back to the days of vaudeville entertainment. The comic and his straight man used to be a staple in comedy acts. The straight man is the partner who has to act as the comic's punching bag, the one who gets the pie in the face, the one who sets up the joke for the comic's punch line. Example: the straight man is the one who answers the door in a knock knock joke.

To put it another way, the comic is the funny man having the joke. The straight man (usually called thus because he is the serious, reserved member of the duo or group) is the one at whom's expense the joke is. Thus, he is the audience identification.

The following is an example of famous straight men
Larry Fine (The Three Stooges)
Zeppo Marx and Margaret Dumont (The Marx Brothers)
Lamont Sanford (Sanford and Son)
Sonny Bono (Sonny and Cher)
Bud Abbott (Abbot and Costello)
Desi Arnez (to Lucille Ball)
Elmer Fudd (Bugs Bunny)
Terry Jones and Michael Palin were often the straight men (typically to John Cleese) in Monty Python skits.

A straight man might also be referred to as a comic foil (more gender neutral).

Hope all this educates you!

Broham

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Good post but it's sad that the obvious needs to be said. I truly feel that C&F should be catagorized as an advanced skill. Too often RAFCs use C&F as an excuse to be an @sshole because they have the personality of a rock; not even a bag of rocks.
Alot of guys have great personalities, however they are too damn nice. I think what you're getting at is that RAFC's hide their true selves in order to gain approval from the girl. Typical questions on a date could include:

Are you having fun? Are you sure?

Do you need me to drive you home?

Do you want me to buy you that?

Are you sure you don't want me to be your doormat?

I've always had an effervescant, larger-than-life personality. My problem was that I initially assumed C&F was universal and didn't modify my approach for different girls. The result? Some of them thought I was an @sshole and never called me back.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Humour

Originally posted by newplaya
If you guy's dont use C&F what kind of humour routine do you guy's use?

Do you guy's use neg hits?
I guess you could say I use C&F in a sense. I have a good sense of humor and getting people to laugh isn't difficult. When I'm with a woman I'm interested in, I add a more teasing, flirting vibe to my humor, but I always keep things playful. I don't use canned material, everything I come up with is spur of the moment.

I've used the backhanded compliment occasionally but not often. I guess that's the closest thing I've ever come to using a "neg hit".

To me, the key is to keep everything playful and fun.

I think where a lot of people go wrong, and I've made this mistake too, is when you are too ****y and not enough funny, or going overboard when the woman is already interested in you. I've done both and it results in rapid crash and burn. You'll come accross as a jerk or arrogant.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not on commission or anything, but that's why I think it's important to see DD's videos.

He's the big advocate of ****y and funny and if you see the body language, and listen to the tonality he uses, this explains how you can say the most outrageous stuff and she laughing with you.

Understanding inflexion, punctuation and tonality is really important, as it can totaly change the meaning of the same words.