A Different Cologne Thread

MidwestFreek

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I put together a list of colognes I found to be interesting from frangracenet.com. Tell me which ones are the better deals. Like, smell better, better bang for my buck kind of stuff.

3.4 oz. $33.00 - DESIRE BLUE by Alfred Dunhill
1.7 oz. $36.68 - ACQUA DI GIO by Giorgio Armani
1.7 oz. $22.89 - BOSS by Hugo Boss
3.4 oz. $20.99 - BOXTER by Fragluxe
1.7 oz. $20.63 - CANDIES by Candies
1.7 oz. $21.75 - CK ONE by Calvin Klein
1.35 oz. $21.99 - COOL WATER by Davidoff
2.5 oz. $22.39 - CURVE by Liz Claiborne
1.7 oz. $21.00 - DRAKKAR DYNAMIK by Guy Laroche
1.7 oz. $29.99 - ETERNITY by Calvin Klein
1.7 oz. $23.79 - ELEMENTS by Hugo Boss
1.7 oz. $30.99 - FAHRENHEIT by Christian Dior
1.9 oz. $14.79 - FIRE & ICE by Revlon
1.7 oz. $30.99 - HIGHER by Christian Dior
2.5 oz. $18.45 - ICEBERG TWICE by Iceberg
2.5 oz. $42.75 - L'EAU D'ISSEY by Issey Miyake
4.2 oz. $27.99 - JAGUAR by Jaguar
2.5 oz. $21.89 - JOOP NIGHTFLIGHT by Joop!
3.4 oz. $33.09 - LAMBORGHINI by Tonino Lamborghini
1.7 oz. $24.38 - NAUTICA by Nautica
1.7 oz. $16.00 - LATITUDE LONGITUDE by Nautica
1.7 oz. $17.50 - OP JUICE by Ocean Pacific
1.6 oz. $20.19 - OXYGENE by Lanvin
1.7 oz. $22.50 - OZONE by Sergio Tachini
1.3 oz. $32.89 - POLO BLUE by Ralph Lauren
3.4 oz. $15.49 - SCORPION by Parfums Jm
1.7 oz. $17.10 - V/S by Versace
3.4 oz. $24.48 - VERY MC by MCM
1.7 oz. $24.05 - XS by Paco Rabanne

Which ones are the best smelling and get the best responses?

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aqua di gio is good.

gym_addict

Don Juan
Reaction score
Acqua di Gio is damn good. I have yet to find one girl who doesnt like that fragrance.

JoE BoXeR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1.35 oz. $21.99 - COOL WATER by Davidoff
2.5 oz. $22.39 - CURVE by Liz Claiborne
1.7 oz. $16.00 - LATITUDE LONGITUDE by Nautica

Popular, but still worth getting. I own them all.

Vigilante7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
- classic, maybe played out

1.7 oz. $22.89 - BOSS by Hugo Boss
- overated........

farenheit is garbage

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Acqua di Gio is what I use. I remember the first week I wore it 3 girls told me out of nowhere that they liked how I smelled.

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Ralph Lauren - Romance.

Zero0ne

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry to ask, but how do You apply cologne?

The way I have been doing is applying 1 spray to each side of my neck, just below my jawline. But, my main problem is that is seems to wear off after about 2-3 hours.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
You may think it wears off but in reality it doesnt, trust me.. this is the reason why guys shower themselves in cologne.

What i do is put 1 spray on my neck, and a half spray on one of my wrists, then i rub my wrists together and im good to go.

punkrockpylot

Don Juan
Reaction score
man...you dont have to spend all that money...just get a few bottles of Axe Body Spray...at like $4 a can, its great...and most high school girls LOVE it...

TheMinistered

Don Juan
Reaction score
Club Med makes some nice colognes... I got a good one... something like "My Ocean"-- smells good :D

MidwestFreek

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by punkrockpylot
man...you dont have to spend all that money...just get a few bottles of Axe Body Spray...at like $4 a can, its great...and most high school girls LOVE it...

but every guy i know owns a bottle...you cant walk into the locker room without choking on the fumes of that ****...im looking for a unique smell..something that few, if any people use

JoE BoXeR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The way I have been doing is applying 1 spray to each side of my neck, just below my jawline. But, my main problem is that is seems to wear off after about 2-3 hours.
You just become accustomed to the scent over the couple hours, but don't give in and bathe yourself with a couple sprays between each class or it'll have a negative effect.

What i do is put 1 spray on my neck, and a half spray on one of my wrists, then i rub my wrists together and im good to go.
Weird, I do the EXACT same thing. I think I learned the wrist-rub move from the Don Juan de Marco movie.

Club Med makes some nice colognes... I got a good one... something like "My Ocean"-- smells good
Got that one too, pretty cheap. The girl I was with at the time loved the smell but she was the only one who ever really commented on it.

im looking for a unique smell..something that few, if any people use
In highschool, only a very small minority of guys (or atleast from my experience) where real $30+ cologne. It's not till outside of school when everyone has money that wearing Acqua Di Gio raises an issue because it's so common. A few years down the road when your girls are experiencing the bar scene and talking to/dancing with different guys every night, it'll be worth your while to find a scent and stand out. Until that time however, you're going to stand out anyways as the guy who smells good.

It would probably break down like this:

1 out of 10 guys in highschool wear expensive cologne (Gio, Dolce and Gabbana, Platinum Egoiste)

2 out of 10 wear something but of the cheaper kind (Coolwater, Swiss Army, Adidas Moves)

3 out of 10 wear something extremely cheap but a scent nonetheless (Axe, Old Spice spray, Aqua Velva)

3 out of 10 where strictly deoderant

1 out 10 do not even wear deoderant :confused:

icallug

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i heard "hang ten" is pretty good. a few girls recommended it

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's what you do... Go to the perfume/cologne place and say "I'm buying cologne as a present for my brother but I want him to pick a brand. Can you give me a couple of samples I can wrap and give to him and I'll buy one when he decides which one he likes?"

That's what my aunt did and i've been using samples since Christmas time, :) As for the application, I do neck and wrist too... If I feel like using extra cologne I spray the shirt around the belly button, or the back of the neck. I used to do behind the ears but theres talk about pheremones or something growing back there so why risk it.

Anyways here are my opinons on the ones i've encounter

AQUA DI GIO by Giorgio Armani - An expensive cologne, smells good though
CK ONE by Calvin Klein - My friend gave it to me cuz he didn't like tommy hilfiger as a person. This was my first cologne and it's still in my drawer with a lil bit left. I don't like it that much.. it's my cologne when I don't think I'm meeting anyone worthy of my good scent
ETERNITY by Calvin Klein - The only cologne I've ever bought. It's my "going out" cologne, I love it. It seems a bit more masculine than the other colognes I got, and it smells good. Hard to describe.
L'EAU D'ISSEY by Issey Miyake - My friends got this one. Many times girls are asking "what smells so good?" It's worth an arm and a leg, if you got the money buy it, but it's just cologne so I wouldn't be saving allowance for it
JOOP NIGHTFLIGHT by Joop! - My other friends got this.. it's alright I guess, not too interesting or appealing to me.

here are some nice ones I've recently come across:
PERRY MAN by Perry Ellis - I like this one, got a strong scent, musky with a sweetness
MAN by Rochas - I dunno if you can call it a metrosexual cologne, I not sure if I like it because it reminds me of a girl, or just because it is a cologne, smells sweeter than avg cologne, but I like it
PRESENCE by Mount Blanc - I was suprised by this one, MountBlanc actually has a couple good colognes in fact. This is a more masculine with musk but not as heavy as oldspice, a lil sweet too

El Schweenador

Reaction score
Try Emporio Armani. It smells really great, and not too many people know about it so you'll really stand out. Make sure that if you go to try it, you try it on your skin instead of on one of those testers, because it smells totally different if its not on your skin. I got the largest bottle (3.6 oz I think) for $55 on fragrancenet.