A compliment or did a MALE just hit on me?

Following_of_Me

Don Juan
Reaction score
Negative rep me all you want. I dont care. Straight/gay whatever, to each his own. I don't understand the negativity towards someones life decisions. What's the big deal? There is no "homosexual agenda"...they aren't out to get you. Go out and meet some gay people. Living life with this kind of warped view on reality is sad and a waste of energy.

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good lord some of the comments here are just ridiculous. Look... gay guys dress well, and are fairly primmed, that's one of the things that girls like about them. Guys that are into meeting hot women also tend to do the same. You look your best, you have good BL etc. So gay guys might think that you are also gay. What other way do they have to find out then to subtly ask you, compliment you etc. Basically approach the same way a lot of us (and afc's and women) approach. I've had gay guys neg me, compliment me, try to pull all kinds of ****, try to kino me. I tell them I'm straight, they are usually cool with that and they stop. If they don't I get firm and tell them that I've already told them I'm straight, so cut the **** and go find someone else. If they STILL don't stop, then it can get more physical, but note that it's ONLY when they have disrespected me after a number of warnings. Think of it like this: Ever hit on a lesbian, that tells you she's gay. You had no way of knowing (sometimes) unless she tells you. They normally aren't pissed that you do, but if you think it's a challenge or something and keep going they MIGHT get pissed because you are disrespecting who they are. By getting immediately voilent / crazy about fag this fag that you are basically just showing your insecurity / lack of understanding (not that YOU are secretly gay or something, just that you are so afraid of other people thinking you are or something that you lash out...and there is no need to (99 out of 100 times)).

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If he really was gay and did want to "get at you" then who gives a fvck? Worst thing that happens is that he goes all the way by asking you out or something and you can just be like "nah I'm not interested but thanks". He'll get over it and you two will still be cool. I don't see the problem here.

But he was probably just giving you a compliment. I get compliments from guys all the time, mostly regarding my style. Sometimes it's just straight up compliments other times it's just dudes asking where I bought a shirt or something. Chances are he was just digging your style and felt like telling you. Just because some dude compliments you doesn't make him a homosexual, it just means he's a nice guy. Grow up, seriously.

As for f283000, he's just a homophobic fvck that loves to correlate homosexuality with "sodomy" and I would suggest just ignoring all of his posts. He has nothing of value to offer this thread, unless you think "homoseckshuls r sinnarzzzz!!!11!!!" is of any value. :)

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot Away said:
More ignorance. Truly spoken like someone who has never been to San Francisco, Miami, or West Hollywood. I have no idea where you got this idea from...maybe you've never been out of Philly, I dunno. But on the west coast, you had best believe that when a gay guy wants another dude's "cheesesteak" inside of him, it's pretty obvious. Ever see a hot girl walk past a group of guys? Is it hard to tell that they all want to bang her? Exactly. Same thing with gay guys.
I never said it wasn't obvious so I don't know what they teach you wherever you're from but you truly sound like a person that doesn't comprehend what they read. Read this carefully now so you don't misinterpret my words a second time.

I said it is disrespectful to for a gay guy to hit on a straight guy. People of all sexes and races will always stare. You can tell when a girl is interested or when a gay guy is looking at you just by their look. But when a gay guy goes out of their way to hit on you that's just wrong. Sure it doesn't really affect the straight guy either way but if you're obviously straight to the gay guys knowledge they shouldn't be targeting people that don't that role the same way. That's when they end up getting themselves in trouble.

Is the guy that hits on the married chick a DJ? No, because she's married. Also this isn't advised either since you have to deal with the drama of the husband just like the gay guys have to be worried about winking at the wrong guy or they'll get jumped or punched in the face. I'm not saying physical violence is correct, because i've been down that road and it definitely isn't worth the trouble nor is it the right way to go unless you have to.

I have no problem with people being gay but when you present yourself in a way in which another guy visibly shows you he wants your cheesesteak which apparently you are all too familiar with, your doing something wrong.

I hope you either learn how to present yourself better in the future where your cheesesteak is no longer in danger of being crossed by another cheesesteak or you learn to protect your cheesesteak/cheesesteak receptacle.

To the posters that have gotten hit on by drunk gay guys, or if you were chilling in the gayborhood/stopped at a gaybar this does not apply to you.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AAAgent said:
I said it is disrespectful to for a gay guy to hit on a straight guy. People of all sexes and races will always stare. You can tell when a girl is interested or when a gay guy is looking at you just by their look. But when a gay guy goes out of their way to hit on you that's just wrong. Sure it doesn't really affect the straight guy either way but if you're obviously straight to the gay guys knowledge they shouldn't be targeting people that don't that role the same way. That's when they end up getting themselves in trouble.
lol he's just supposed to know you're straight...

EDIT: WTF cheesesteak??! :D

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:

Which goes back to my point. If you're getting hit on by homos it's more of a leak in your game than his fault. You are 99.9% likely to be giving off either a very strong feminine or very strong nice guy vibe for a homo to hit on you.

So instead of OP getting mad at this he needs to examine himself and the vibe he gives off/how he carries himself and find that leak in his game.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Which goes back to my point. If you're getting hit on by homos it's more of a leak in your game than his fault. You are 99.9% likely to be giving off either a very strong feminine or very strong nice guy vibe for a homo to hit on you.
Not true whatsoever. Gay males can be attracted to DJ's just like women can.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
Not true whatsoever. Gay males can be attracted to DJ's just like women can.
Homos don't hit on guys that look like they mean business and would kick someone's a$$ for disrespect. I'm not saying that what you say ain't possible but it is a rare occurrence for dj's who naturally give off a strong masculine vibe. Much like fatties a homosexual won't hit on a guy that he feels could threaten or hurt him.

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bullsh*t, it's not a leak in your game....wrong wrong wrong. It just means your approachable (which is GOOD) and sometimes straight guys say what's up, sometimes fine @ss girls, sometimes gay guys. BFD get over it, who gives a f*ck? And it's been in normal bars / clubs / at malls whatever. It's being muscular, good looking, well groomed and well dressed without an "I'll fuggin KEEEEEEL YOU" look on my face

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:

Well I can easily spot a gay guy by the way he walks, talks, stands, etc. Just their whole frame. Every guy that isn't gay is assumed to be straight until further notice. That's pretty much how a straight guy does it, i'm assuming gay guys do it the same way. Gay guys, correct me if i'm incorrect and you do decipher gay's and straights differently.

If you're at a normal club where girls go to meet guys and guys go to meet girls and a gay guy hits on you, you're telling me the guy isn't doing something wrong? Gay guys know where to meet other gay guys just like how we know good places to find chicks.

I.E. coffee shops/book stores, libraries, malls, clubs, etc.

It's really about how you carry yourself. If 1 guy walks down the street with 5 girls next to him and he blends right in with the girls either by voice or conversation(gossip/bickering) you assume he's gay. He's doesn't distinguish himself from the women.

The straight guy that walks with 5 girls and ends up gossiping and fighting over some gossip and is mistaken for being a gay, he's obviously doing something wrong and its plain obvious.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I can easily spot a gay guy by the way he walks, talks, stands, etc. Just their whole frame.
And yet the ones you don't "easily spot" could be gay just as well and you don't know it. Do you see the problem with this "reasoning"?

Did you look at Ian McKellen the first time you saw him and say "yeah, he's gay"?

Sorry, not all gay guys act like the feminized stereotypes that are commonly portrayed in popular culture. There are many that are just normal guys like you and me. The reason you don't recognize them as being gay is because it's simply impossible to do so without getting to know them.

Homos don't hit on guys that look like they mean business and would kick someone's a$$ for disrespect.
You're insecure about your sexuality, it is very clear by your posts in this thread.

Being a "man" isn't about "mean[ing] business and looking like they would kick someone's a$$ for disrespect."

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason you don't recognize them as being gay is because it's simply impossible to do so without getting to know them.

please see until further notice.

And yet the ones you don't "easily spot

exactly! If you don't make it easy to spot you're doing something wrong. The gay guys that are under the radar choose to be but make it harder for themselves to be approached by other gay guys.

I CLEARLY do not emit gay tendencies because 1.) i'm not gay, and 2.) I don't want to be mistaken for a gay.

A compliment is a compliment which means you're doing something right. If its from a gay guy it probably means you look good. Now you just have to present yourself in a way where instead of having gay guys hit on you they just look your way and smile instead. There's always going to be the out of the ordinary ones but its not something to get offended over.

If you have 1 gay guy a year hit on you that not really a big deal but when you have gay guys "gay guys compliment me all the time." you're obviously too intouch with your feminine side. More power to you if that's what your for, but i'm pretty sure most men prefer to be in less touch with their feminine side.

Following_of_Me

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're outright fear of being mistaken for gay is making you look pretty weak. You place a lot of importance in the aura you give off, gotta look tough as possible. Yeah, you're prob confused about your sexuality...or at least insecure as hell, not necessarily about sexuality, but certainly about your self image. Get over your insecurities, and I would highly recommend getting these ideas of yours out of your head. That kind of negativity is not going to make you a man anytime soon. Makes you look really stupid, for lack of better word.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The gay guys that are under the radar choose to be but make it harder for themselves to be approached by other gay guys.
ORRRRRRR that's just their personality.... :rolleyes:

I CLEARLY do not emit gay tendencies because 1.) i'm not gay, and 2.) I don't want to be mistaken for a gay.
There is no such thing as "gay tendencies".

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AAAgent said:
I said it is disrespectful to for a gay guy to hit on a straight guy.
Yeah, I don't care about that or any of the other comments you made as to whether or not gay guys "should" hit on straight guys. That's why I replied to this comment:

AAAgent said:
a gay guy will not hit on a straight guy.
Since that's clearly false, I had to set the record straight.

Is the guy that hits on the married chick a DJ?
Whoa! Totally out of left field. Nobody's talking about anything remotely near this topic.

I have no problem with people being gay but when you present yourself in a way in which another guy visibly shows you he wants your cheesesteak which apparently you are all too familiar with, your doing something wrong.
Again, you're speaking out of your ass. I've had gay guys catcall me when I'm just standing by my car. Sometimes gay guys will get into my cab and start asking why such a hot guy is driving a taxi, before I even say a word. So what am I doing wrong, AAAgent? Should I be taking a brick to my face to reduce my level of facial symmetry? Should I post a sign on the side of my car that says "NO FAGZ" and wear a T-shirt with the same logo wherever I go so they know not to come near me?

I hope you either learn how to present yourself better in the future where your cheesesteak is no longer in danger of being crossed by another cheesesteak
Well, unlike you it doesn't really bother me when a gay guy lets it be known that he's attracted to me. All it takes a simple "I'm straight" and we're good to go. You see, AAAgent, I'm capable of deductive reasoning and understand that simply because a gay guy finds me attractive doesn't make my cheesesteak in any danger at all.

To the posters that have gotten hit on by drunk gay guys, or if you were chilling in the gayborhood/stopped at a gaybar this does not apply to you.
Ah. So as long as a straight guy isn't at a gay bar, doesn't come into contact with a gay guy who is drunk, and stays clear of any neighborhood where there happen to be lots of gay guys...then he isn't doing anything wrong. Seems simple enough. As long as we stay off the face of planet Earth we shouldn't have this problem (which you said earlier doesn't exist) of gay guys hitting on straight guys.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, in America I would go gay. I admit it. Gay guys take pride in how they look. Most are more feminine than the girls you boys chase after in America. Funniest thing is the most flaming ones almost remind me of many East European girls I have dated. The way they walk and sit. Strikingly similar. Also funny how when in America I tend to be among many American homosexuals. Seriously. They like nice things and have time to enjoy life (unlike the idiot that is called the American straight male). American straight males live to work and worship females. Then when they get one pregnant they become Super Dad! You guys had better like changing diapers and cleaning the house!!!

The ones that scare me are the dudes who have families and are on the down low. Tons of those exist in every culture on earth. They live double lives. One moment they are All-American Dad and the next they are taking it from behind with a salt and pepper shaker.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BigJimbo said:
Well, in America I would go gay. I admit it. Gay guys take pride in how they look. Most are more feminine than the girls you boys chase after in America. Funniest thing is the most flaming ones almost remind me of many East European girls I have dated.
Eastern European chicks remind you of gay guys? Yikes. Where do you pick up chicks, at tranny bars? Anyway, I apologize for our culture where guys take pride in how we look...and the so-called "metro" dudes. We should learn to model ourselves after the manly men of Italy, Greece, and France where they totally don't care about their appearance or clothing at all.

Yeah, you know. Guys like these, or these.

One moment they are All-American Dad and the next they are taking it from behind with a salt and pepper shaker.
Yeah, or All-Ukranian Dad you ignorant ethnocentric troll.

The Mad Ghost

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a Shot a Away.

Why are you driving a taxi dude? Btw, you don't have to be good-looking to get hit on by homo's and looks matter, to women moreso than gays. Attractive men don't have to have serious game, look at male-strippers and exotic dancers, they get hit on the most, looks matter.

Looks mattered, matter, mattering, matter of fact.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Mad Ghost said:
Just a Shot a Away.

Why are you driving a taxi dude?
Why, are you hitting on me? :p

Btw, you don't have to be good-looking to get hit on by homo's and looks matter.
Yeah, you don't have to be good-looking to get hit on by gay guys...but then again, a chick doesn't have to be good-looking to get hit on by straight guys. And no, they don't matter.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
I cannot believe the OP is worried about gay men hitting on him.

The only reason the OP is so worried about this, is because no women hit on him. Who cares if a gay guy hits on you? I get hit on gay men all the time and they check me out. WHO CARES? Treat them like women.