A compliment or did a MALE just hit on me?

toneqdup

Don Juan
Reaction score
Short and straight to the point, because all my friends just joke whgen i ask them. At work i was walking past a guy i've seen for two years (we say whats up every once in a while), and after we say whats up he says, "aye man, I DIG your style". In my head i'm like "WTF!?!". I turn around and say "what you mean" while still walking. He says "well you know" and motions his arm like your aura or the way you carry yourself. I said "Oh" gave a lighthearted laugh and kept walking. He said "for real". I said appreaciate it.

Now i'm a younger dude, mid-20's, and he looks like 40-ish, so i'm thinking maybe he was trying to be cool by saying "DIG"? Basically just want to know if I should stay away from him. Everytime a f_g has tried to get at me, it has always smiled. Dude wasn't smiling, he was serious and I don't get the vibe he is funny..... What do ya'll think or suggest?

toneqdup

Don Juan
Reaction score
I took it as a compliment, but do you think it was anymore to it? Honestly

toneqdup

Don Juan
Reaction score
it matters bc I don't want to say wuts up to somebody when they may want to get at me, and I don't get down like that.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
toneqdup said:
it matters bc I don't want to say wuts up to somebody when they may want to get at me, and I don't get down like that.
And even if he did "want to get at you?" Are you afraid of your own sexuality? I have had gay guys say things to me and I take it as a compliment. I certainly do not want to bash their skulls open because they did.

I don't get down like that either, but you are thinking too much of the homophobe way. Big deal if a man hits on you. Never bothered me.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get a lot of gay stewards hit on me at my work. I guess I am somewhat flattered, a compliment anyway.

TheBucketOfTruth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man you act like he invited you to his place. He gave you a compliment. He meant it whether he's straight, gay, or somewhere in between. That part doesn't really matter.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, let me ask you this. Do you have a pretty face? boyish good looks?

If you are getting compliments by anything other than females it's 99.9% a sign that you reek of niceguy-ness. Homos don't go around complimenting alpha males that look like they will kick their a$$.

Forget what the guy in a few posts above said, here's a good rule to remember

"If you don't look masculine enough to strike fear or at least respect from men and attract women, then there's a leak in your game you gotta work on"

When a homo hits on you that's SHOWING YOU DISRESPECT. If you think a homo openly hitting on you with thoughts in his mind of putting his @#%@# in your a$$ is somehow a compliment then you might as well go kill yourself right now.

btw I meant to give you negative rep SoldMySoul you got lucky this time :cuss:

conorg

Reaction score
wow f283000 you sound like the most uneducated specimen ever and to take advice from you would be a big mistake... A compliment is a compliment no matter if it is from a man woman or some other creature and to turn it into a negative thing is your own insecurities...regardless of if the guy was gay and of what he was thinking, he never said anything unappropriated so theres no need to blow this issue out of proportion...it shouldn't even be an issue...whys it even in your mind?

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL! The day the gay man does not find me attractive is that day I'll know my looks have faded!

In my experience (does not apply to everyone!!), gay men KNOW who is an attractive, masculine man. They're far more sincere with their body language than women as well...

;)

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I call BS on alot of these posts about taking it as a compliment. Fact is, my door swings one way. I project that by the way I carry myself and my confidence. In all my years, I have never been hit on by a guy. Maybe it'll happen but I doubt it. Obviously the OP was bothered by this. If yer getting hit on by guys, you might want to change the way you look, dress and carry yourself as a man. It's either that or go out for a latte with the next guy who finds you "appealing".

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree with what the general population is saying here. If you get complimented on by gay guys or "hit on" then your obviously giving off the wrong vibe. I've had a few gay guys i worked with when i worked at express eye me down, or just random gay guys eye me down in general. I've also heard from other people that they think im so called "cute/hot" but they've never told me ever to my face.

If i ever caught them staring at me, they'd quickly stare away and pretend to do something else.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5string said:
I call BS on alot of these posts about taking it as a compliment. Fact is, my door swings one way. I project that by the way I carry myself and my confidence. In all my years, I have never been hit on by a guy. Maybe it'll happen but I doubt it. Obviously the OP was bothered by this. If yer getting hit on by guys, you might want to change the way you look, dress and carry yourself as a man. It's either that or go out for a latte with the next guy who finds you "appealing".
You have a total misconception of gay guys. They don't hit on guys because they're "giving the wrong vibe" or dressed a certain way. They hit on guys because they're attracted to them. Gay guys are still guys. They hit on guys for the same reason guys hit on chicks. They go by looks, and they want to f.uck...all the time. If you haven't been hit on by a gay guy in 54 years of living, then you're probably not a very good-looking guy.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a gay guy will not hit on a straight guy. That's just disrespectful. I'm pretty sure it's one of those unspoken rules they have. If they(majority) did, they would be disliked/hated more so than they are now.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AAAgent said:
a gay guy will not hit on a straight guy. That's just disrespectful. I'm pretty sure it's one of those unspoken rules they have. If they(majority) did, they would be disliked/hated more so than they are now.
More ignorance. Truly spoken like someone who has never been to San Francisco, Miami, or West Hollywood. I have no idea where you got this idea from...maybe you've never been out of Philly, I dunno. But on the west coast, you had best believe that when a gay guy wants another dude's "cheesesteak" inside of him, it's pretty obvious. Ever see a hot girl walk past a group of guys? Is it hard to tell that they all want to bang her? Exactly. Same thing with gay guys.

Following_of_Me

Don Juan
Reaction score
Since when is intimidating gay people considered being a man? Being a man is respecting everybody, and the comments that if a gay man hits on you its disrespectful just reeks of disrespect.

And side-note: an alpha male might take control of situations and may not take disrespect, but that doesn't mean he's not friendly and respectful. Its the way you carry yourself...if you carry yourself like a jerk, you're not what one might consider a don juan. You're just a jerk, and nobody REALLY likes that guy. There's more to life than getting laid, being a jerk is not the right path.

When it comes to looks, gay guys know their way around it. They know what looks good with girls or guys. They just know. Gay friends are a great thing to have, and in case none of you real men have noticed, they are generally some of the friendliest people on the planet, as well as the most humorous.

I never feel tension with my gay friends, hell half of them are in relationships. And Ive never felt uncomfortable around them, either.

So "real men", might wanna check yourselves out...cause youre either very insecure, or quite possibly have issues with your own sexuality.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Following_of_Me said:
So "real men", might wanna check yourselves out...cause youre either very insecure, or quite possibly have issues with your own sexuality.
Stop this bs right now! Are you just going to repeat the line used by homos and feminazis for the billionth time?

Not liking having a butt pirate giving you compliments while he is probably thinking of putting it in your butt HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ISSUES ABOUT YOUR SEXUALITY!

Stop repeating the line straight out of the homosexual agenda's book DAMNIT!

In fact negative rep needs to go to everyone here that keeps promoting that false stereotype of decent straight men that don't like being complimented by sodomites.

Just because you get the urge to put on a dress once in a while doesn't mean I have issues with my sexuality because I don't like fa@^##$@ hitting on me.