"8" pack abs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalGem

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen a few people, rare they are though, with 8 pack abs.
6 packs, yeah, they're common, but 8?
How in the bloody blazes..... anyone know how to go about getting them? I'd love to be able to. :D

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how your abs look is genetic yo. Seeing them, however, is not.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by semag
how your abs look is genetic yo. Seeing them, however, is not.
Yeah. It's genetic as to whether you have 6 or 8 pronounced abs. I've seen bodybuilders with BOTH varieties. And if a professional bodybuilder can only get 6 of them to show, I'm not gonna be worried that that's all I can get to show.

Layla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe that an 8 pack can be from 2 little bumps right under your chest.
I have that and people tell me i have an 8 pack. The little bumps are smaller than the regular 6 pack muscles.

arq-dj1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Layla
I believe that an 8 pack can be from 2 little bumps right under your chest.
I have that and people tell me i have an 8 pack. The little bumps are smaller than the regular 6 pack muscles.
well, if the 7th and 8th are below the chest, i have them

i thought i was a freak, cuz they are smaller them the other hahaha..

i can see 6 abs only, maybe one day i can see the final 2 on my lower abs

Anhslaught

Don Juan
Reaction score
since theres a top 2, and then theres a very low one. Then is it possible to have a 10 pack? lol

Sh0t

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all one muscle, it just has tendons running across it. The "packs" depend on how thick the tendon is and the length of the muscle itself(those with a short tendon where the rectus abdominus meets the pubis will probably be able to get an 8 pack going instead of the more gradual sweep of a longer muscle.)

Ahmed tarek

Reaction score
Those 2 bumps below the chest aren't the 7th and 8 packs, those ones are normal. It's not that easy to get 8 packs, it took me about 2 years to do so. and ofc there is alot of food u need to stop eating also u MUST stop drinking and fizzy drinks or bear..etc. and i also think there might be 10 packs i can feel it but it hasn't formed yet.

bermy_balla

Reaction score
yea well i have a 8 pak and im only 13 - and im not jus making it up, and yea it totally genetic - but with more excercise and workouts you can gets the 7th and 8th to show more - i dont go to a gym and do all of that - im just active and healthy, i do swimming, running, cross country, baseball, football (soccer) and in gym in school we do other sports, u dont need to go to a gym to get fit, you can easily do it by just doing a little bit each day, like 50 sit ups and go for a walk or run in the evening or morning, i personally dont do that, i just stay active, but during the summer i am extra fit because we have a cottage on a lake and go swiiming like multiple times every day and do like 2 or more miles worth of swimming a day, plus im always running around, going for walk or runs around where our cottage is, and just other activities, and i dont need to flex my stomach to see my 6 pak, but to see the 8 pak more clearly i flex it

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate u. please never post again

Lust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The other two are usually your lower rectus abdominis and runs down your pelvic region, over the pubic bone. Those who are extremely cut may also have their serratus anterior showing, which can get confusing and also seem like extra abs (well the top ones anyway).

fitter

Reaction score
The 8 pack are in the lower abdomen, and it's just tendons that separate them from the 6 pack. Not everyone is able to show 8 pack abs, since there's a lot of genetic predisposition involved. However, even if you have the right genes, you still have to pay serious attention to both your diet and exercises in order to show an eight pack.

Diet: Cut down on fats, sugar and alcohol. Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, fish and poultry.

Exercise: Do few reps with high resistance. Focus on the mid area. Don't overdo it, or it will be counter-productive.

Be patient and please don't lose your sleep over this. Not all of us can have an eight pack. I don't.

blinkwatt101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The 8 pack people refer to are not good looking by any means,imho. The 2 extra one occur just under the chest and look weird,imho. Infact the best physiques in the world dont have them showing or barely at all.

http://www.pchristensen.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/arnold.jpg

Notice how the 2 weird ones at top are hidden?

Personally I'm trying to stop mine from coming out and showing any more then they do now,it's not my style.

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its genetics.

I have the two small top ones quite visible if I flex, one is slightly bigger than the other one though!

Were I to cut down my body fat sufficiently I might have an "8 pack" but I dont see the point, Id rather have an okish 6 pack and be really strong.
People will hardly ever see your abs, but big shoulders/chest/legs are visible all the time!

Cure.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What a lame thread.

Surprisingly little content and almost nothing of use to 99.99% of the population, yet it has almost 30,000 views!

To get 8-pack abs:

1) Your bodyfat must be < 7% for 8 pack abs to be visible.

2) Forget about your 8-pack abs for 5 years, aim to hold 10-12% bodyfat.

3) In that 5 years, train with heavy fvcking weights, train 4-5 times a week, do cardio as needed to keep bodyfat in check.

4) After 5 years when you've built up a decent amount of musculature, diet down--with the help of more cardio--to 5-7% bodyfat. You will have you 8 pack abs(if you're genetically inclined to have them. some can only get 6 pack).

There is no easy way, and clicking on this useless thread won't get you shredded.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.