6 Months Coming up.. gotta do something!

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I really need your help with coming up with some ideas for my 6 month anniversary. I know this is a difficult question to ask you guys, because obviously you don't know my girlfriend or me, but maybe you have some ideas from past relationships or whatever.

Anyway, just a little information. Our anniversary is in exactly a week (next Thursday) and I don't really know what to do. I'm a very romantic type of guy and I've already done lots of things that I could have done for our 6 months. Usually I just like to do something fun and romantic on any of the dates that we go on. But now I'm limited to what I can do because I've done everything and I'm a poor college student lol. The last romantic date I took her on was to the base of the mountains overlooking the city. We had a candle lit dinner, prepared by yours truly, and we were secluded from everyone. Very romantic. I recommend it to you guys. Anyway, just letting you know because I would like to out do myself if possible!

I honestly don't know what to do. I love this girl very much. She means so much to me, and is a big part of my life so I want to do something special for her. The only thing I can really come up with seems very bland to me. I was thinking about taking her out to a nice restaurant, writing a love poem (I know guys.. sappy.. but we're in a committed relationship plus I haven't done that yet), and possibly a small gift. I was thinking about maybe a beautiful bracelet, but casual enough so that she could wear it around all the time. (She wears this same silver, gem studded bracelet everyday).

Some info about my girl: She's into preppy style of clothing, she's a dancer, loves to have fun and do spontaneous and usual things, and loves to laugh.

Please help me out guys! Thanks!

Tomb

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anniversaries = a year. WTF is 6 months?!!!

shark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think a nice dinner, some wine..and just some quality time will be enough. Is she the type to get you a gift? If so, get her something..don't go nuts with it though..but don't be cheap.

GropeDope

Banned
Reaction score
I thought this thread was about 6 months coming up...gotta do something! As in 6 months of not getting any a$$ and you're so f*cking horny you would take that HB 6 over there if she came up to you and showed slight interest.

Heh...and here I was thinking I was about to read a post from someone who had something in common with me.

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This does not answer your question, this is a warning.

It's cool to be romantic

But you've identified a problem.

"But now I'm limited to what I can do because I've done everything and I'm a poor college student lol. "

It's been önly 6 months, you should'nt have "done everything already". You are setting expectations too high.

She will desensitize to you.

You need to dose it out for special occasions or as rewards.

I hope you haven't got your heart set our for the long term, because you are setting yourself up for failure. You need to start leaning back now.

Kaine

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaine
This does not answer your question, this is a warning.

It's cool to be romantic

But you've identified a problem.

"But now I'm limited to what I can do because I've done everything and I'm a poor college student lol. "

It's been önly 6 months, you should'nt have "done everything already". You are setting expectations too high.

She will desensitize to you.

You need to dose it out for special occasions or as rewards.

I hope you haven't got your heart set our for the long term, because you are setting yourself up for failure. You need to start leaning back now.

Kaine
Kaine, very good obveration. You're absolutely right, but what I meant by "i have already done everything" is I have already done everything I can afford as a poor college student. I've already done the cheap to zero cost dates is what I meant.

You're still probabably right that I should lean slightly. It's easy to get overwhelmed in the moment or get caught up in the love feeling. Any recommendations for leaning back?

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad you agree, things that make an impact are things that make a DIFFERENCE. It is part of human nature, evertake a long distance drive and then soon every tree and field just becomes the same. If I had bolded everyword in this paragraph would there be as such an impact as above?

There is no contrast if you are sweet and romantic ALL the time. If you are a cool laid back funny guy, then out of the blue do something romantic she will go WOW. True it is too easy to be swept off your own feet, but you as a man need to keep his emotions in check and step back (if you are serious about this girl).

Leaning back means (I'm just randomly typing out things that work for me):

Don't over compliment her and rarely say I love you.
Don't see her all the time.
Don't go out of your way ALL the time
Let her do things to chase you
Make her do things for you
Be willing to leave her on her own, or disappear for a while.
Keep a little bit of mystery about what's going on in your life.

You can still do all this and be affectionate (hugs, kisses and mad monkey love) which is very important, but you still need to show her (subtly) you don't need her and she is NOT the centre of your world, this makes you and your time more valuable to her.

Kaine

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buy her a laptop, make sure it's one of those high end ones that cost $2000.
:woo:

Evangenlion

Don Juan
Reaction score
6 months! hahaha

note, usually the only person who would be interested in the 6 months thing is the girl.

my girlfriend let the 6 months pass by without a word, i didn't even know 6 months passed, and man i don't even know when we started dating. don't know how long we have been together. i missed her birthday twice (man did i get it then). man i suck.

so here is advice from a man who certainly is pathetic at these things.

something romantic:

man you blead most of them by now.

best thing to do is to repeat the most most most romantic moment you have with her and add some variation.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, this is a doozy of a thread!

I've been with my woman for two years, and I haven't done a fraction of the 5hit that you've done.

I'm with Kaine on this one. You're spoiling the 5hit out of her. After you spoil a woman, she becomes demanding. She'll start wanting you to do this, buy that, and if you don't, she's going to throw a temper tantrum. Ever seen spoiled children? She'll start acting strikingly familiar to a spoiled child. This will be the point where you can't make her happy anymore.

Buy her a card. No flowers, no lingerie, no poetry, just a card. That would be something different! You'll outdo yourself, because you haven't done something this simple.

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think maybe I gave the wrong impression about how much we spoil each other. I say we because we spoil each other equally, always have. She's always doing things for me, and in fact is does more for me on average then I do for her.

With that into consideration, do you still think I'm doing too much? I mean.. I honestly don't know what to think anymore. I think Kaine is right on about some things, but not everything in my relationship.

If I did very little, wouldn't that be upsetting for her and maybe give off the impression that I don't care about her our or relationship as much. It's important to show independence, but if we're pretty balanced in the area of affection and giving, then wouldn't it a be a turn off or a problem if I don't put any effort into it. I'd be pissed if she didn't.

Another thing: I realize that 6 months is nothing in the scheme of things. But it's important date to us because who know how long we'll be together, so why not celebrate this point in our relationship. Being in college is tough with all of the distractions and temptations.. 6 months is awhile in that respect.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The unfortunate part is if you suddenly undo everything that you've already done, she's going to wonder why you're not spoiling her anymore.

Romantic gestures add a nice flavor to a relationship. However, romance is just a spice. Would you eat an entire plate of oregano?

Let me ask you this, if you take the romantic gestures out of your relationship, what do you have left?

If romance is a MAJOR part of your relationship, it's not going to last. She'll get sick of eating oregano all the time. You might be able to slavage this by slowly toning down the amount of romance you're adding. If she's not spoiled too badly, it won't affect things too much.

Again, romance is nice in small doses. Too much will ruin the relationship.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
listen

dotn worry about shyt.

alright...yes you have gone overboard.

dont buy her GIFTS!!!!
DONT

thats a no no.

your time and money you spend going out with her is enuf.

dont limit yourself..with I love yous and this and that.

say what you feel..dotn be a pyssy either.

fine line there.

Ive been with my girl for 4 mnths...ive gotten her 2 roses and gave her a 5 dolar bear.

thats it.

and she will be suprised on our 6 months when I take her to dinner or a play or something.

but not overboard.

and for the guys who said why celebrate 6 months.

get your first gf then talk.

its good your mutually affecitonate

but it wont last...transition towards the mature part of it..and keep it going with friendship, fun and passion..not romance !