50+ To Bench in Month?

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it possible to add 50lbs in one month to your bench? Seen an article that said if you did their workout you could put on 50lbs to your bench in just one month....

Thoughts?

Impulse

Reaction score
If you can hit me up with your secrets. Cuz thats an increase of 10 pounds per week even if its a 4 week month that would be an increase of 40 pounds, thats still gonna be alot to chew on. But hey I could be wrong can someone correct me if I am? But then again there are crazy noob gains...

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything is possible, but, 50 pounds is just a shot in the dark really.

Be more concerned about percentage increase, not just a random number slapped on top.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's possible. The only case I can think of is if you have a super solid base then take a month or two off. Then when you start again you can get built back up pretty quick (speaking from experience.)

Or else if you've never trained before and are a weak bastard with a lot of muscle fiber (I've seen guys go from 155 to 205 within several weeks.)

But I'd be HAPPY if I could add 50 by Thanksgiving!!!! (without roids)

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
winny might help with that

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to apologize it actually says 45lbs not 50.

here is the joust of what they are saying to gain that much of an increase.

Not everyone will get that gain, and you have to have a very sound diet w/Nitro Tech.

No breaks in your workouts and no weak days.

The workout. HEAVY!

Heavy Bench Press:
2 Warm up sets x 10 to 12 reps *warm-up*
1 Workout set x 6 to 8 reps *absolute muscle failure*
1 Drop set x 12 to 15 reps *explosively*

Incline dumbbell Press:
3 Sets x 8 to 10 reps

Low Cable Cross-overs:
3 Sets x 8 to 10 reps

Dips:
3 Sets x 8 to 12 reps *if you can do more use weight belt.

I use Cell Tech and Nitro Tech so I am going to give it a shot....After my 12 weeks. I will post a log. Seems kinda low but if the weight is big and I got a spotter I think it may at least be a good break from the norm.

If anybody tries it before me (I have 10 more weeks left on current routine) PLEASE post journel.

I would love to jump my Bench up 45lbs. Always been the one I wanted to boost. (King Kong Chest!!!)

pineapple

Reaction score
Hahaha that's not a very good traning regime.

Drop sets and training to failure on a regular basis will have you overtraining RAPIDLY.

Just focus on adding weight to the bar in small yet consistent manner. Buy micro plates and you can add 1kg to the bar each week and you should be able to increase your bench in a safe and manageable way very quickly.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you'll get more mileage out of squats & deadlifts in the long run, though your bench press numbers may not go up as quickly as you are drawn to. take a step back and consider your goals. why do you want to add 50 lbs. of lifting capacity to your chest? you can probably do that mostly through neuromuscular adaptation rather than increases in muscle mass (hypertrophy). I assume you're interested in adding mass rather than neuromuscular adaptation, though I could be wrong. read a-unit's sticky http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98203 if you haven't already.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm happy if I put on about 5lbs a week. It's POSSIBLE to put on 50 in a month, but I'm going to guess it's not very realistic.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, if you try, watch out for those rotor cuffs (however you spell it). They are the thing that always kills me when I try and increase weight (especially on chest) rapidly.

TheChicGeek

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, if you eat enough, you could easily gain 45 lbs, but thats a **** load of food. Probably not a very good idea either.

BacardiGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheChicGeek said:
Hey, if you eat enough, you could easily gain 45 lbs, but thats a **** load of food. Probably not a very good idea either.
Reading comprehension much?

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheChicGeek said:
He's talking about the lift, not your body weight.:crackup:

BTW Clooney, rotator cuff, but yeah, you got the right idea.

devoncassidy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I started working out again back in july (bodybuilding) but these past couple weeks I've changed my training to focus more on strength. I do 3 sets of 5 reps for everything including bench. There's been a few times where I've been able to add 10 lbs in one workout (I do bench on tuesdays and saturdays). On wednesday I added another 10 pounds to my bench in one day (just wanted to see if I could). So in short it could be possible but maybe I'm just not adapted to training for strength yet and that could be why I have quick gains. BTW, I don't do one rep max's they tend to frustrate me more than anything. I don't know if this is important or not but I also bench with a close grip.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In high school when I was seriously involved with weightlifting for the sake of strength, I increased my bench weight from 205 to 300 lbs. in a matter of minutes to compete with another guy.

The following weeks I started lifting heavy, up to 280 lbs. on bench and 800 lbs. on squat. Then again, prior to the increase I was probably lifting far below my capacity due to being grouped with thin and lanky weightlifting partners.

Damn, I need to get my fat ass back into a gym. I miss that excitement!

Edit: Oh my god, I miss that excitement. I'm getting a membership as soon as I get back from this weekend's series of parties.

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Demon said:
In high school when I was seriously involved with weightlifting for the sake of strength, I increased my bench weight from 205 to 300 lbs. in a matter of minutes to compete with another guy.

The following weeks I started lifting heavy, up to 280 lbs. on bench and 800 lbs. on squat. Then again, prior to the increase I was probably lifting far below my capacity due to being grouped with thin and lanky weightlifting partners.

Damn, I need to get my fat ass back into a gym. I miss that excitement!

Edit: Oh my god, I miss that excitement. I'm getting a membership as soon as I get back from this weekend's series of parties.
800lbs :eek:

That's some serious weight dude.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
donjuanjovi said:
800lbs :eek:

That's some serious weight dude.
It helps to be crazy. I miss those mornings of physical education with two girls wrapped in my arms, at the waist... That's always a good way to start the routine. I remember during lifting the class usually had music playing. I'd sing aloud to whatever was playing. The guys around me were clearly annoyed, my friends were embarassed, but I owned the attention of the girls during that class.

These days I just hang out with adult entertainment entrepreneurs and hookers. But back then I felt like a king. *sigh*

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score