48 Laws Of Power & The Art Of Seduction

Sayajin_Prince

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do u guys think of these 2 books by Robert Greene and Joost Elfers. I have the 1st one and it helped me in many ways, haven't been able to buy the 2nd so some info and reviews would be great.

Cya

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO Art of Seduction is a great read.

This site mostly concentrates about FEELing good about your dealings with women, no matter what they are.

AofS focuses mostly on the how to get her to fall for you really hard. It can only be applied in a social setting where you see a girl repeatedly over a significant length of time. :)

If nothing else, it's a great read by itself. Lots of fun stories.

obijuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Player_Supreme
The art of seduction is straight out of the pimp games bible. He must of interviewed real P.I's for all that game in that book.
Excellent book. This site and others like it will teach you "gimmicks" and cheap magician's tricks in order to jump start you in the direction of buying their book(s) Smoke and mirrors will only get you so far, and once a women sees the man behind the curtain as Dorothy does in "The Wizard of Oz"(you cannot hide forever) your charade is up.

This book on the other hand gets deep down to the roots of it all-- not only explaining but instructing.

jseib

Don Juan
Reaction score
I bought AoS and 48LoP a few months back after hearing about them from a thread on this site... While to me many of the techniques in AoS simply arent applicable I applied them to the best of my abilities with a girl I was interested in... After almost 2 months I grew frusterated with the lack of results and felt without a doubt I was in this girls FZ (she refered to me as "buddy", hugs were awkward etc) then after I had a severe car accident we went ona trip togather as friends same room but seperate beds etc and after the third night after getting piss drunk she professed her feelings for me and every point she listed as having driven her crazy were ideas I had pulled from AoS.. Needless to say we became lovers that night... The only problem is now despite the fact shes a total party gurl she is now reforming her whole personality .. has cut down on her drinking.. stopped taking any sort of drug harder then pot.. etc and has been occasionally bringing up topics that involve children and far in the future relationship stuff like living with me.... Seriously boys this shyte works if you use it right

obijuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jseib
I bought AoS and 48LoP a few months back after hearing about them from a thread on this site... While to me many of the techniques in AoS simply arent applicable I applied them to the best of my abilities with a girl I was interested in... After almost 2 months I grew frusterated with the lack of results and felt without a doubt I was in this girls FZ (she refered to me as "buddy", hugs were awkward etc) then after I had a severe car accident we went ona trip togather as friends same room but seperate beds etc and after the third night after getting piss drunk she professed her feelings for me and every point she listed as having driven her crazy were ideas I had pulled from AoS.. Needless to say we became lovers that night... The only problem is now despite the fact shes a total party gurl she is now reforming her whole personality .. has cut down on her drinking.. stopped taking any sort of drug harder then pot.. etc and has been occasionally bringing up topics that involve children and far in the future relationship stuff like living with me.... Seriously boys this shyte works if you use it right
I guess if you want to turn a wh@re into a wife... I honestlyu don't think it's possible. I think you may have misinterpreted or ignored much of what is in that book to get such results. I personally never discuss tactics and strategy with women-- it kills the mood and destroys mystery and anticipation. She cannot hide her true self for long-- it requires too much energy over time; however she can apperently fool the likes of you with the "I've changed, I'm not a wh@re anymore honey." routine. You should get inside the woman's head not let her inside yours. Now she knows everything about you and your lack of game and will exploit it until she finds a real man and kicks you to the curb. Good luck! :rolleyes:

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
personally never discuss tactics and strategy with women-- it kills the mood and destroys mystery and anticipation
Dude, he didnt say he discussed anything with her. He merely stated that she told him the things he did drover her crazy, and he is saying that the tactics he used to drive her crazy were taken from the AOS. He didnt say that he revealed anything to her.

captn caveman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jseib

You did not read the last chapter:

Beware of the aftereffects

:)

I did not yet implement any ideas of the book, but am havin a great time reading the stories...

Its like a seducer's journal spread to centuries...

A good read, at least.

jseib

Don Juan
Reaction score
Even just for the ability to qoute the little stories contained in AoS it's worth a read...

As for the above poster I was merely trying to illustrate that the stuff in this book does work.. Am I trying to turn a ***** into a wife ? Hell no .. But using alot of the methods in this book drove this girl crazy and isn't that what alot of us guys are on this site to make happen ?

That being said your right I havent read the entire book yet .. HAHA

But I think most of us can agree the courting methods in that book are way out dated as well truth be told I don't think many humans actually have the mental capacity to truly think or act the way the characters behave in the stories.. It's like when you do something and it sucedes and you think about it afterwards you kind of fill in the mental blanks.. things you never really thought about or did but when you explain it to someone make what you did sound much more thoughtout and involved then it truly was...

But its true if you let someone talk over time they hand you the keys to there seduction you just have to listen and pick up on the hints.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Book Reviews = Anything Else Forum.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Both books are interesting to read but if you want to get girls then get a gymcard and start working out for the money instead. I only find these books to be of any real use when I write novels to give the characters a seductive effect in some way. But in real life I doubt that anyone will have any use of them.

Lifeforce

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like the majority of people think these books are good. The only criticism seems to be that there isn't direct examples in how you can use the advice to pick up girls.

I'd like to make this thread the official one for these books.

I'd like to hear if anyone has used these books to seduce a girl and if so please describe how you related the material to your seduction.

C00L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i have both books. The 48 laws of power is an extremely cynical piece of literature. it really is. its brutal and ruthless in its teachings. I liked it but havent read it in a year.

The art of seduction is also a good book. The problem i have is trying to put myself and others into the categories that he proposes. I have characteristics of quite a few of them.

You have to be good at reading people for this **** to work. For instance, i just met this girl. and she is definetly the type i could oneitis on because shes so damned hot and showing interest in me.

Now im going to study the AOS and try to label her and go from there...

Sp1kez

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got both of them....which should I read first?

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
AOS is a how to book once you get the woman. So Suave and other seduction sites focuses on the pick up and other superficial things that are suppose to make you so alpha and so desireable.

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read 48 Laws of Power a year or so again, was amazing. Think I'll read it again soon. Also just picked up The Art of Seduction, and reading that now. It reads just like 48 Laws, but focuses on getting people to fall in love with you (not just as a girlfriend, but in general as well, which is nice).

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
48 Laws are great, if you find yourself in a corrupt system such as politics, the mideival ages, or business in a latin american country dealing with their gov't.

Apply these to a company with integrity you'll rot it out. I'd never do business with anyone besides a secure straight shooter. Companies known for integrity and trust have higher stock prices, make more, and their employees are focused on winning not half their time absorbed trying to plot, scheme, and watch their backs.

Not a good book to read and apply if you dont have a grasp for the bigger picture of the world yet.