3 weeks to learn everything! oh damn

shadowfox

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok i have mock tests comming and they are important. I have 3 weeks to revise for 7 subjects.

What are your revision tips??

Its high school forum and i believe that as a don juan you have to be the best you can be. Therefor doing well at school is very important.

These tests look hard and there is quite a bit to revise....

Well tips, please cheers!

Find`It

Reaction score
no, this is the right section, its HS forum! I'll help you out.

1.Take the subjects and seperate the material that you need to review

2.find out how many days you have exactly to study.

3 divide out your reviewing so that you are finished looking over all of it 3 days before the test.

4. make sure that every week until then, you have a day that you review everything you've looked over so far.

5. ok heres the main part. Every day, you look over one single part of the info you need to know.say you have a novel in english that you need to have down pretty good, then you take one day to study for that. just make sure that you have all of what you need to study seperated into pieces, and then divvy them out to the days you have left. If you need to, pair some of em up (unless you actually have less to review than the time you have that you can study them.)

-need to study math, english, science, history, spanish, interior decorating (haha, pansy), and pyrotechnics.

(i had trouble coming up with whatever else you might have)

-you have 3 chapters of math to study
-you have 2 novels and some vocab in english(1)
-you have 3 chapters in physics to review
-you have a ton to memorize in history (2 days with not alot scheduled)
-you have spanish
-you have 3 styles of interior decorating to be well aquainted with (oh ho ho, uh, 3 days)
-3 pyrotechnics chapters (one very fun review day, invite friends)

Total: 18 days

-say you have 21 days

^Strategy: Alright, forget that nagging voice that tells you its girly to be organized! Just look at the example, you're already taking interior decorating anyway!

~ So, take out that little calendar/agenda of yours and put the stuff that's easy to review on holidays and other parties.hard stuff goes on open days, and the leftover days at the end are for cramming.

~ Next, vow to use all the Spanish you can in conversation. make it a point to add "and did you know that in spanish, you have to____ when you want to say ________ " into every discussion or greeting.

~ Find 1 day of the week that you don't usually do alot on, and every week, take that day to review what you have already reviewed. (should be easy after reviewing already)
so you should have a schedule to keep to now, keep to it!

~Tell yourself that you'll do it NO MATTER WHAT!

*for extra kicks, go talk to some girls and make it a point to try to teach them as much as possible about what you have been reviewing. It should be a blast, but don't make it about picking them up, instead let help you be more comfortable around women (theres always room). If she says she needs to leave while you're telling her about the French-Indian war, just smile, wave, and consider it a success.

Then turn around and find a new victim. ;)

JayUK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah man, an try not to get bored an wack off! lol

Also make revision cards! an take them places wit u so wen ure chillin on the bus or on the toilet findin ureself wit nothin to do! Then wack out them revision cards man!

kev me723

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah flash cards can kick some serious ass if you need to memorize specific things/dates/definitions/ideas.

Also, association helps tremendously with memorization. IF you need to remember 5 dates, pick 5 things in your kitchen in a circle. Go around the circle and for every object relate it somehow to the date. e.g. cristopher columbus came to US, picture opening your fridge and seeing that a hole sailing up to America. You'll be surprised how well you can use this to remember a ton of information.

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wrong section. this is a "dj" forum. that means don juan. that means dealing with women.

DiMallio

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dannowillbookem
wrong section. this is a "dj" forum. that means don juan. that means dealing with women.
exactly.....

shadowfox

Don Juan
Reaction score
No its actually the high school forum.
Djing is about improving yourself and is not necessarily to do with all women. If it is for you then you need to change man, if women are your only goal then your ruining your own life.

Back to the tips, thanks alot! Ive got quite a lot to revise i tried making revision cards on computer and cutting them out and sticking questions with answers lol it took ages.. so i said stuff that!

Ill try some of the other tips, whilst making the revision cards in the mean time for the propper tests.

dyce

Don Juan
Reaction score
lemme tell you that if you've done no work up til this point, there is no way you can achieve a good score. i used to believe in that method religiously 'til i found out my marks for high school

there are no big miracles in study, most of the time you'll get what you deserve

but the only instances i've heard of people being able to do last minute cramming succesfully is by the use of concept/mind-maps, and revision cards. the only downside is constructing these things, they take ages and you'll have no time to actually use them to revise

Exo

Don Juan
Reaction score
WAP

Hey man, same situation here(cept my mock's have allready started). I'm currently trying to build a wap site with key notes for subjects I'm weak at atm. You may want to do something similer.

It's a lot easier to carry around your cell than a stack of flash cards, plus you dont look weird pulling them out on the bus stop.

Exo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Got something

Hey man, If you got math B(algebra I think to the US) try my wap site: d.asphost.com/wapstr. There's not much on it now since my phoneco gives likes to hand me little gift wraped **** boxes from time to time. But if it helps you please feel free to PM me any notes for site upload.

shadowfox

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey exo, good idea

although it wont be much use for me. I lost my mobile (dont ask) and the money i was going to use to buy a new one i bought a gym.

Ive found another good way of revising.

Do past papers, then look at mark scheme
and revise the bits you got wrong and then keep doing this till you get 100%.

Im on AQA exam board and there are tonnes of past papers on there site;

http://www.aqa.org.uk/

hope this helps you it helped me, thats if your on AQA exam board. If youre not try and find the exam board your doing and they should have a website.

Exo

Don Juan
Reaction score
GCE's here. We do the past papers in school(coaching actually, meh). Gonna buy the answer book cuz I got kicked out of physics class(long story). Good luck man!

Edit: Since I cant edit my other post the correct address to that site is d.1asphost.com/wapstr/index.wml

Lost In the Seas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HAHAHA mocks...

i screwed up my xmas mocks, got like super crappy marks coz i didnt revise

but ironically i got quite good marks for my real GCSE, and i didnt revise for that as well!!!!!!!!!!

figures.....:confused:

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wtf

Exo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all,

Short on time sop: How are your mocks going?

My GCE's are almost over (physics p2 tomorow and then its hopefully over). BIG word of advice: PAY ATTENTION IN CLASS.

This probably deserves its own topic but I dont have the time atm. I had to cram like **** just to get what I think will be a B average. Also it's important to have a nice quit place to study if you have to cram, I might ****ing fail in chem and bio cuz of the susal rents yelling at eachother loud enough to wake up the dead for the ****ing week.

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree with danno, it's not really the right forum, but I can give you help anyway.
It's the phsychology behind the test, not the test itself. Find out how the test works, and what the questions are like.
Well, that's the ACT anyway.
I personally don't care about school, so I can't really help you.