2nd meet-up, and done...

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Darwin Taurus,
I inherited a Rolex from my Dad too...Coincidentally it also needed a link taken out of the Gold band....It is not rocket Science...
after watching a few UTubes on it I removed it in about ten minutes,just using my workshop vice and a few simple tools,from memory a pair of pointed pliers and a fine centre punch....The face was scratched, it was replaced for I think about $80...My local Watchsmith got the part very easily.....Look up Horologists in Perth in the yellow pages there will be several small time operators will do your band while you wait.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You cant really manufacture attraction its either there or it isnt and usually you will know very very quickly if it is or isnt

I mean I have slept with girls I haven't been that attracted too but they have been attracted to me

A man can do this sleep with women he's not really bothered about I wouldn't advocate it but it's definitely possible especially if he is on a dry spell

Women can't they have to feel them tingles or you're going straight into the freindzone which is what has happened here

I know what types of girls I vibe with and they know me .........when we find each other sex usually isn't too far away

unfortunately when your single you do have to wade through a lot of people you simply have no connection with

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I posted a few weeks ago that I had a coffee date with a woman who is originally from Columbia. She warned me beforehand that her English wasn't the best, and after meeting her, I decided not to pursue anything further, because she was right... and I saw no-point escalating if basic communication was a problem.

A week later, I had another match with OLD, she was a local in my city, which is a bonus, because it can be so transient, and similar age to me. We meet for lunch a week ago, and it seemed to go well. We talked for 2.5 hours before calling it a day, although probably my fault, I didn't escalate anything.

We met again last night, she was having drinks with friends, as it was one of their birthdays. She met me later around 8pm, at one of the bars I frequent, as one of my mates was paying a solo gig / live-music. We talked for around an hour, she decided to go home, and I was going to stay to watch my friend. I walked her towards the exit of the bar, and she gave me a hug, and I kissed her on the cheek. I thought later, that I made a mistake, and I should've walked her to her car, which was only a block or two away.

Anyway, she texted me this morning, and said the usual "It was great to meet me, but she didn't feel a romantic connection".

I think my problem is, I recently quit alcohol. Today, I'm 40 days sober. It is a weird experience for me being stone cold sober on a date or meet-up. I think I lack the courage for kino or to attempt a kiss in this situation (plus doing so in a bar where I know many people). I wonder if I acted differently, if results would've been better?

My last on-and-off relationship which lasted a year, when I met her, I had a few drinks prior and during the date (wasn't drunk, just feeling good), and I had the dutch courage to make a move, and kiss. Totally different sober. Has anyone here been in a similar situation? I'm feeling a little down, and am about to give up, however, I know I shouldn't.
Columbia is a district in the United States. It is also the name of a university.

Colombia is nation west of Venezuela.

---

I think your mistake was failing to escalate and being too distant. I have met a number of guys from the United States who are very hesitant to get even physically close to a woman, not to mention initiate or escalate kino. The culture in the United States is obsessed with personal space and ignoring the people around you. The opposite is true in Central America and South America. Latinas expect good interpersonal skills and sufficient confidence to initiate conversations, kisses, hugs, flirtatious comments, etc.

If you are distant or "too careful," they tend to deem you as unfit and move forward.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get your Rolex re-sized and get it on your wrist! It has the potential to help with your seductions.
Carry a rolodex too for getting numbers

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Carry a rolodex too for getting numbers
I don't think a Rolex is comparable to a Rolodex. The Rolex brand still has appeal as a luxury brand. It's a status symbol. I think you could expand on why a Rolex isn't good for seduction in the thread below.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the biggest problems for @DarwinTaurus is Darwin, Australia. Darwin's population is around 140,000, which is similar to a place like Abilene, Texas in the United States. Abilene is 2.5 hours west of Fort Worth and 3 hours west of Dallas.

Areas with a population of less than 150,000 can be very difficult for dating as a 25+ year old adult. That's when the dating pool starts to get thin and there are too few choices.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the biggest problems for @DarwinTaurus is Darwin, Australia. Darwin's population is around 140,000, which is similar to a place like Abilene, Texas in the United States. Abilene is 2.5 hours west of Fort Worth and 3 hours west of Dallas.

Areas with a population of less than 150,000 can be very difficult for dating as a 25+ year old adult. That's when the dating pool starts to get thin and there are too few choices.
That's a very accurate assessment. And considering that nearly a third of the population are primitive tribal indigenous, that reduces the dating pool even further.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a very accurate assessment. And considering that nearly a third of the population are primitive tribal indigenous, that reduces the dating pool even further.
It doesn't sound like an easy place to date. There are plenty of places in both the United States and Australia that are pussie wastelands.

My Abilene, TX example isn't nearly the worst example in the United States though I can't imagine it would be fun to date in Abilene.

There are guys trying to date in places with under 30,000 population.

A lot of men in areas with a population of less than 150,000 or even 200,000 end up moving somewhere more populous due to a lack of dating options.

In the absolute biggest metropolitan areas in Western nations (Dallas is among that group in the United States), the women get overly fussy and selective. Big metropolitan areas are known for a few problems too.

I've perceived that mid-sized metros are the theoretical sweet spot. Big enough to have some selection and small enough to avoid the women getting way too fussy due to too many choices. I've though that sweet spot was somewhere around 250,000-750,000 in population.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Darwin is also a very transient city. Currently, it is the Wet Season, so it is mainly locals. However, come the Dry Season, it is full of tourists and backpackers. Whilst that is great for short term fun, I'm looking for a longer-term relationship. The woman whom I recently met twice was a long term local, so that is a reason my interest was piqued.