28 and older in the Mature Man forum?

28 and older in the Mature Man forum?

• Yes--Great idea!

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No--Let 'em play with lightbrites and go somewhere else?

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Mods:

Isn't there anything that can be done to keep the kids outta the Mature Man forum?

I don't have a problem with good, cohesive rhetoric from the younger gentlemen who visit but when they want to come in and start bullying thier way into thoughtful prose, It becomes dispassionate drivel and undermines the flowing current of us older guys to talk back and forth about our experiences.

You know who you are . . .

Hell, Why not make it a poll too?

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would vote to raise the age limit to 30... still, there are 30 year old cry babies.

I have seen some members of sosuave who are wise beyond their age who are just now reaching 19 years old.

Note for thought: Take a look at The Mature Man forum, how many of the threads are UNIQUE to older men? Only the threads that have mature discussion, the other threads I Went through during my teens and early adulthood.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
I began to come into my own and really understand myself at 28. That's the reason for the age limitation.

I also, wholeheartedly, agree with your assessment of 30 year old cry babies.

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever happened to Nicholas Hill requesting new Moderators for the mature man forum? I'm sure warnings are in order, as well as stricter evaluations of what a Mature Man really is.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe its not the younger guys who bring this forum down.

maybe the major slanted biast towards anti-women here is what brings this place down.

the younger posters post much more objectively about women.

the guy here forget why they are here it seems..then they will say how all there friends or miserable too.

I guess no married man is happy these days..atleast the MM forum at SS tells you that.

that type of crap is why this forum sucks.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by frivolousz21
maybe its not the younger guys who bring this forum down.

maybe the major slanted biast towards anti-women here is what brings this place down.

the younger posters post much more objectively about women.

the guy here forget why they are here it seems..then they will say how all there friends or miserable too.

I guess no married man is happy these days..atleast the MM forum at SS tells you that.

that type of crap is why this forum sucks.
This is the mentality we're dealing with here. Young guys with zero life experience who think they have the world by the balls.

Friv, youngblood, give it ten years you'll know what we mean.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by frivolousz21

biast - I don't know what this is? Did you mean "bastard?" or "biased"? Before you start coming down on us Mature, experienced guys you may wanna start with a thesaurus or at the very least friggin' spellcheck.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FRIV: No one is anti-woman here. If anything we're anti-men here, anti-wishy washy, spineless, ONEitis afflicted men.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
It was my belief when I came here that this was a brotherhood where men could help each other with ideas and input and experience. Not peck each others eyes out like some pallad, dead Christ.

I know each of us have at least one nugget of golden info with which to share and allow others to learn from.

None of us know it all.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think 27 or 28 is a good mature age that you start to really understand yourself and other people around you.
your mindset has had time to grow and mature and experience lots of different forms of life by then.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course the 2 posters who can't seem to understand that this forum is for 25 and over would post on this poll.

frivolousz21--who is 2 years shy of the mark. He feels like he should be here. He insists on posting on this board when he has 7 other boards to post on. How Mature!

Boner da Stoner--who claimed that he is 25 but he posts in the High School forum. He claims that there are some teens who should be able to post here.

If I need or take advice from a High Scooler then I'm really really lost. Does anyone here want advice from a high school kid? Most of us are old enough to have a kid in College. Am I gonna ask my son for DJ advice? That sounds about right. I'll ask my son how I should run my lovelife. Yes, he'll give me good sound advice on how to handle that divorcee. LOL

To those underage kids who long to post here I say yes I know you want to be like daddy but go away and let grown folks discuss things among ourselves.

There is plenty of good advice for posters under 25 in the discussion forum.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by KarmaSutra
This is the mentality we're dealing with here. Young guys with zero life experience who think they have the world by the balls.

Friv, youngblood, give it ten years you'll know what we mean.
Yea, funny how some of these guys are fresh out of college preaching the ways of the world.

I thought I knew it all back then too. At least I wasn't so ****y as to try to teach my elders with my immense wealth of knowledge and wisdom. Kids these days....

golfguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can see the purpose of the age thing.

But I'm only 20, and personally, I'd rather hang out in here. I act older than my age, and I'm looking for more of a long term thing, and this definately deals with that in here as opposed to the other forum.

I wouldn't be totally against the idea of not being able to post in this forum if you weren't 25 (I mean it'd suck, but at least understandable), but I enjoy at least reading things.

TheMig

Don Juan
Reaction score
What up guys,

Well as for the Age thing, I'm 27 and feel that since most posts being presented are relevent to past experiences, i believe that it should not be made with a restriction. True that sometimes some younger ones are not as mature as others, but how many times have you not seen some minor detail that a younger person has?

I mean, sometimes a fresh or in this case a younger pair of eyes can help. What I do believe is that there should be a much more stricter controll of what is being posted. In this case I would say that it should involve several more Moderators to help control some of the posts that are getting to the board..

Just my thought....
MiG

OH and by the looks of things, if this 28 year old stuff were to happen, people like myself would not have the opertunity to join into the constructive topics that are discussed....

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by golfguy
But I'm only 20, and personally, I'd rather hang out in here. I act older than my age, and I'm looking for more of a long term thing, and this definately deals with that in here as opposed to the other forum.

I wouldn't be totally against the idea of not being able to post in this forum if you weren't 25 (I mean it'd suck, but at least understandable), but I enjoy at least reading things.
You don't get it do you? How thick are you guys? This forum is for 25 and over. Are you underage guys just stupid or what? We don't want your "Mature" advice. Here's a question. What's 365 X 5? Read all you want here but YOUR advice is not wanted.

Apparently you underage posters can't read either. You post in the High School forum but you want to post here also? Please! I was kissing girls before your parents even met! You were a baby when some of us had their first child.

Again for the dummys....this forum is for 25 and over.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheMig
What I do believe is that there should be a much more stricter controll of what is being posted. In this case I would say that it should involve several more Moderators to help control some of the posts that are getting to the board..

Just my thought....
MiG

OH and by the looks of things, if this 28 year old stuff were to happen, people like myself would not have the opertunity to join into the constructive topics that are discussed....
More Mods are coming. We don't want to censor the forum but we try to keep the teen posters out. They slip in because they don't post their age. If you have a suggestion on how to solve that then I'm open. PM me with your suggestions