2007 - girls HATE talking on the phone

Reaction score
lemme keep this short and simple

i've had a weird weekend.

i had about 40 phone #s i had of girls which i got thru random ways in the last few weeks. So i literally sat and called all 40 of them friday evenin and saturday afternoon............about 4 or 5 actually picked up, we talked, and it was all good. the other 35 or so girls went to voice mail, i left ALL of the messages sayin to call me back. After i was done callin them all, i was like WHAT THE **** thats alot of bullshyt........so i texted all 40 sayin somethin along the lines of "hey beautiful just seein whats up, get back at me"............and TWENTY..........20 replied back within an hour bein all nice to me saying heyyy as if they didnt even get my missed call.

Basically, i called 40 girls, all of them ignored my calls (except for 4-5)
then i texted those 40 girls, and 1/2 of them replied really nicely (to the point that im sure they r interested in me)

concluson - girls don't wanna talk on the phone and are too caught up in the IM'ing/texting craze??

seriously, WTF

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like calling either... you always have to say stuff on the fly.
With texts you can think abit before you say something stupid.
Oh and no awkward pauses. If you don't feel like saying anything, you just don't.

Reaction score
Play the Game - so ur sayin we r all becomin anti-social now?

whats next, just textin and never hanging out either??

im just wonderin wtf is up cuz im sure like 10 years ago girls LOVED the phone and talked on it like crazy to guys

i just used my example to try to prove something, does someone have something to prove me wrong?

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya. I always get responses to text, I think they just feel more comfortable with the whole idea. I guess guys are'nt the only ones that get a little phone shy...

foomee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My roomate has been hooking up with this one girl every weekend and she says she doesn't call guys period. So my buddy always has to text her. I really agree with you, nowadays girls just im and text, they're supposedly too busy to talk on the phone with guys.

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not necessarily anti-social. Its just for saying something when it doesn't require a 10 min conversation.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls love talking on the phone with people they have good rapport with. Girls are passive creatures so whatever you do they will miror you but they won't take charge and take it to the next level, that's your job.

Its best not to leave a voice mail when you first call them but call them again another day (remember they are passive). Chicks carry their cellphone around everywhere they go, so if you are having a tough time reaching her its because you are not on her priority list and therefore ain't worth your time or effort

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you'd have different results if you were calling them when they were already doing something. Nobody likes getting called on friday night or saturday afternoon.

If anyone calls me before 7:30am on any day, my cell phone will become imbedded in the drywall.

Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
I think you'd have different results if you were calling them when they were already doing something. Nobody likes getting called on friday night or saturday afternoon.

If anyone calls me before 7:30am on any day, my cell phone will become imbedded in the drywall.

i called them all between 6 and 7 friday and between 3-5 saturday, if u want rough estimates.......no way in hell all 35 of them r busy

like i said

WHATTTTTT THEEEEEEEEEE FCUKKKKKKKKKKKKK

ozzfest

Don Juan
Reaction score
yes girls looove to text. We're always reading topics from guys on here about "how do I make conversation"? Its the same if not worse for women. You think they know what to say on the phone? NO. They leave it up to the guy to be interesting and lead the chat. Therefore, texting is easy and they are more prone to reply.

Besides theres something about texting in general that women love.

FYI someone said it earlier...yes girls will talk on the phone all day, but with their tight friends...not guys. They like to BS about clothes and guys,...etc.

Don't feel snubbed by the text...its here to stay

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
absolut honesty said:
lemme keep this short and simple

i've had a weird weekend.

i had about 40 phone #s i had of girls which i got thru random ways in the last few weeks. So i literally sat and called all 40 of them friday evenin and saturday afternoon............about 4 or 5 actually picked up, we talked, and it was all good. the other 35 or so girls went to voice mail, i left ALL of the messages sayin to call me back. After i was done callin them all, i was like WHAT THE **** thats alot of bullshyt........so i texted all 40 sayin somethin along the lines of "hey beautiful just seein whats up, get back at me"............and TWENTY..........20 replied back within an hour bein all nice to me saying heyyy as if they didnt even get my missed call.

Basically, i called 40 girls, all of them ignored my calls (except for 4-5)
then i texted those 40 girls, and 1/2 of them replied really nicely (to the point that im sure they r interested in me)

concluson - girls don't wanna talk on the phone and are too caught up in the IM'ing/texting craze??

seriously, WTF
Dude, in the hurtful spirit of your screenname, here is a little honesty: women phucking love talking on the phone....with people they care about! As DJD said, it's about rapport.

If you've built up a good playing field that the chick is comfortable on, she will answer the phone.

She isn't answering your phone call??? You aren't important to her (yet).

Make yourself worth it, forget that phone bs and see her, face to face.

Most women I know in day-to-day life might as well have phones surgically attached to their heads. They would wilt and fade away without phones to reaffirm their existence.

Reaction score
insidious said:
Dude, in the hurtful spirit of your screenname, here is a little honesty: women phucking love talking on the phone....with people they care about! As DJD said, it's about rapport.

If you've built up a good playing field that the chick is comfortable on, she will answer the phone.

Most women I know in day-to-day life might as well have phones surgically attached to their heads. They would wilt and fade away without phones to reaffirm their existence.

are u really 42?

i would say most likely that women your age (30-25) would be very different than ones my age (16-25).......but good analysis nonetheless

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
absolut honesty said:
are u really 42?

i would say most likely that women your age (30-25) would be very different than ones my age (16-25).......but good analysis nonetheless
Hahaha yeah man, I am indeed 42. And I can remember clearly (sorta) the day when chicks didn't have phones to ignore you with :rolleyes:

They ignored you in other ways back then. Women will always find ways to do that, and we, as men, will always find ways to shrug that crap off.

Point I'm making, is that by obsessing over this "phone game" we are basically letting women dictate the playing field. You say women my "age" (I think you meant to say 30-45) - actually, it's more like 40-50 when it comes to this stuff.

You had 40 numbers over 2 weeks and called them all at once? Dude, 5 our of 40 is about 16 percent...damn good!

Better yet, getting 40 numbers is pretty sweet too. Keep your chin up and go get another 20 but call them tomorrow or Monday!

Reaction score
insidious said:
Hahaha yeah man, I am indeed 42. And I can remember clearly (sorta) the day when chicks didn't have phones to ignore you with :rolleyes:

They ignored you in other ways back then. Women will always find ways to do that, and we, as men, will always find ways to shrug that crap off.

Point I'm making, is that by obsessing over this "phone game" we are basically letting women dictate the playing field. You say women my "age" (I think you meant to say 30-45) - actually, it's more like 40-50 when it comes to this stuff.

You had 40 numbers over 2 weeks and called them all at once? Dude, 5 our of 40 is about 16 percent...damn good!

Better yet, getting 40 numbers is pretty sweet too. Keep your chin up and go get another 20 but call them tomorrow or Monday!
i recently got rid of AIM to take care of girls in the real world

and i feel like its messed up that sooo many girls act interested thru texts, but when u call them they dont pick up or call back

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah they usually call ALOT ...if they like you but they want you to call first..

Snow Plowman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you are talking to these girls are you doing "Qualification"?

If you're not doing that you surely are going to get more flakes then you want. This is by far one of the most underrated areas of pickup. What is also helpful is actually having a good time and having fun.

The funny thing is after talking to a group of girls once you leave they totally forget about you. There are so many girls I've opened that when they seen me again they usually never say anything. This is mainly why I don't care about #s, I really don't consider #s success unless I know its solid because you really never know who will call back.

If you're just going in for 2 minutes getting the # and leaving, then you can expect that it won't be that solid and most of the time they've already forgotten them. This is why I don't wait no 4 or 5 days to call. I call the next day.

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
insidious said:

Word.

Don't believe us, then go down to your local mall or your local store or public place and just sit there and watch the people go by. Notice that girl with her cell phone? Does she have it down as if she is texting people or is it glued to her ear?

Woman LOVE the phone. A woman would MUCH rather talk to you in person than in "text". Most women would anyway.

The fact that she's not picking up means one of two things:

1. She doesn't recognize your number
2. She has a very low interest level in you

If she's responding to your phone message with a text, then not only is that a sign of low interest, it's incredibly disrespectful to you. What she is saying is that you are not important enough to grace with a simple phone call, so she'd rather avoid you by texting you so that the conversation is stilted and she can ignore you if she wants. Basically, it's EASIER for her to text you because it takes a few minutes of her time and she can brush you off. Whereas if you are actively talking to her, it's harder for her to bow out of the conversation.

Understand?

What this means is, that when a girl doesn't answer her phone or she texts you in response to a phone message, then you need to NEXT HER! Unless you happen to be calling her while she is in class and she tells you something like that.

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PlasticSurgeon said:
Why is this phone game so important?

Is there a rational answer out there?
The phone game is only important in determining whether a girl gave you her number to get rid of you or because she really likes you. No more, no less. The phone should NOT be used for any other reason early on in the relationship other than to schedule DATES. Period. No guestions asked. If you are having huge conversations on the phone without DATING, then you are on a fast track straight into the friend zone.

Guys, you have to get it in your heads that when a girl is interested, SHE WILL ANSWER HER PHONE AND SHE WILL RETURN YOUR CALL!

If she is not interested, she will send text messages and avoid your calls. Comn! Think about it! She is carrying a cell phone for crying out loud! It's a rare ocassion that someone with a cell phone can't return a call within 24 hours unless they simply don't want to talk to the person who called.

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WTF Vypros? You seem like such an old man at all this. Are you in your early thirties or something? Just because a girl texts rather than calls doesn't mean she isn't interested in you.

A lot of girls I know text for these reasons:

1) They're bored and just wanna feel out what their friends are doing. Texts are much easier to do when they're supposed to be doing something else (paying attention in lecture, doing their job) rather than having to converse.

2) Texts are much more convenient. You can write them whenever wherever and reply to them on your own terms. This is why I personally like texting, although I never go overboard and have text "conversations". That's lame.

3.) Women in my age range (18-25) are part of the internet generation. Myspace and facebook and AIM are just ingrained in them. Typing messages and smileys for them is equivalent to making calls.

4.) Texts have somewhat of a permanence. I told a girl that was seeing me to call me on my birthday, but instead she sent a text. I still have that text on my cell and I think I appreciated it more than I would have an actual call.

Ser3