2 cracked.com articles about why being single sucks.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They're Cracked articles.. not sure they merit deep analysis. Some writer wanted to make a few bucks so he wrote an article.

Do you have some deep insights into these? Do share.

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For the love of..

the 4 reasons article is ridiculous.

[q]Normally I'd do what all men do in this scenario: turn exclusively to fast food, flip my toilet the bird and start mixing Pepto into my Scotch[/q]

The author is just making jokes out of being single to make money, as said above. The advice is useless because if you truly are limited by these factors, you shouldn't be wasting a woman's time (not one worth pursuing as a monogamous partner, anyway). Get your life together.

the 5 reasons article has some truth - you can't get to the lower tax bracket (yay USA) because you aren't filing together. There IS a social stigma of single people (because bitter partnered people don't like seeing what they could have had), and generally your life is harder.

But letting some binary 'relationship vs singleness' paradigm determine your self worth? That's some silly nonsense you're allowing to cloud your mind, if you accept this article on face value.

You can be in a relationship that is the envy of single people and attached alike, or you can be in a terrible relationship. Just being in a relationship does not lead to profit (monetary or otherwise) - we should all be unconsciously aware of this by now.

MisterD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Being single with no prospects in sight sucks.

Being single and having no strings attached sex with multiple women is quite awesome.

Jeremiah

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cracked is a comedy website. I understand this.

But I thought the Rutgers University study showing that single men are viewed as dumb and dishonest and single women being treated badly in restaurants was kind of crazy.

Reaction score
not good. one should enjoy being single. otherwise if you develop a serious, being single sucks attitude you'll be desperate and settle for the first girl that shows you a sign of interest. it's how some men end up with women that ruin their lives. don't be desperate. if you're single look at it as maybe you're not ready or haven't met the right one yet. singleness isn't a curse.

once you get into a relationship you'll be like f**k wish i was single again :crackup: