Lost girl after sex on 1st date. Buyer's Remorse, Auto Rejection, or Something Else?

ruins

Don Juan
Reaction score
We've been talking on the phone and texting for months (I know, bad move), but never had a chance to meet up since we're a few hours away from each other. She did invite me about 4 times before, but were usually short notice so I couldn't commit to it due to distance. The connection was there.

Before our first date, I noticed her becoming less chatty with me a few weeks prior, so I texted her mentioning to her how affected I was with her disappearance. She called me after, saying she was touched by it (and she was really genuine when she said it) and invited me to meet that Saturday.

Had our first date. Light dinner, glass of wine, then moved to another venue to chat outside after that place closed. Talked until 1AM, when that venue was also closing. As convo ended, we looked at each other for a few seconds, and I said to myself outloud, "I want to kiss you... I'm going to do it", and made a move to her. She met me halfway. It was beautiful.

Walked to our cars after and I asked if she wanted to make out some more in the car. She told me that she might be tempted to go to the hotel with me if we did that. That was the invitation. I asked her, and after a little bit of mandatory LMR, she agreed to go back.

We had sex at the hotel. She asked for a condom and I was happy to oblige. Long, slow lovemaking. Made her O lots of times. We went to sleep then I wake up later with her grinding on me, so was only happy to oblige. She eventually grabbed it and stuck it in, no condom. The second session was rougher, although not too crazy (no slapping, no hair pulling), just harder, more primal. Also plenty of O's here; but it was less synchronized and "breathing together" than the first one.

Here's my dilemma:

At 6:30AM she left the hotel flustered. And eventually texted me a few days later that she felt sad and ashamed about having sex without condoms. That she "self abandoned" and let her emotions get the best of her. That she freaked out when that happens. Text read like a goodbye, talking about how great a guy I was, and to "take care", and implying that we'd never see each other again when she said to just give the item she left on the hotel to someone else. Saying she needs to work on herself before a relationship ("not strong enough yet").

In my response I took my share of the responsibility for not insisting on a condom, disqualified myself as wanting a relationship, wanted to stay friends with her due to our connection (which is true, happy if we never have sex again).

Can someone give me advice on if this is salvagable?

I'm not sure if she has buyer's remorse for the hook up, feels slutty for what she did, is unattracted to me, or what.

Bit more context about her:
- former mormon but left (even though she's against that now, she still has guilt and conditioning to get through)
- she's had other ONS before
- low body count (I was her sixth)

Additional context I'm not putting a lot of weight to because we were in the heat of the moment while having sex:
- She said, "If we're going to be doing this without condoms, you can't be having sex with other girls"
- I said, "When you told me that you hooked up with that one guy, I got really jealous"
- I didn't cuddle her enough (barely, actually); and the post-sex talk wasn't enough I think to really give her comfort since we've both been up for close to 24 hours by that point.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Welcome to SoSuave. You had sex, you won. Spin More plates

ruins

Don Juan
Reaction score
"long, slow lovemaking"

She wanted to get fvcked senseless not some old married couple bullsh!t.

Essentially she wasn't impressed with your skills in the bedroom.
I did **** her senseless. In the last 25% of the seduction.
She's talked about Tantra in the past. And a hookup she shared with me mentioned how nourishing and healing it was. I didn't want to be just be a **** for her, had to leave my mark, and be both the sensitive and the animal.

Clockwerk50

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Posts like this often lack a lot of information. You might have said something awkward during the day that gave her an "ick" feeling, came on too strong about the relationship, or maybe you did not text her the day after and made her feel like a slvt. (No need to correct me if any of this isn’t true.)

The key point is to keep ****ing moving forward. Stay talkingt to women, focus on your goals, keep working out, and maintain those good grades. The more women you connect with, the less invested you'll feel in any one person, reducing the risk of "oneitis."

Interestingly, women are a bit like cats. You might get a “how have you been?” text at some point—could be a week, a month, or even a year later. How you respond to that text can influence whether you have a chance to reconnect and sleep with her again.

parabellum

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let’s do the mental exercise: say you didn’t f her well enough. Would you want to be with someone whom you need to f real hard to make her change her opinion about you?

my bias answer would be hell no. A woman that’s really attracted to you won’t measure you only on sex skills. Her blood would be warmer than that.

I’m undecided about how to conclusively judge the behavior of your girl. These days many girls have so many traumas, that it may as well be true what she said. In any case, just remember, being pushy will get you nowhere.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We've been talking on the phone and texting for months (I know, bad move), but never had a chance to meet up since we're a few hours away from each other. She did invite me about 4 times before, but were usually short notice so I couldn't commit to it due to distance. The connection was there.

Before our first date, I noticed her becoming less chatty with me a few weeks prior, so I texted her mentioning to her how affected I was with her disappearance. She called me after, saying she was touched by it (and she was really genuine when she said it) and invited me to meet that Saturday.

Had our first date. Light dinner, glass of wine, then moved to another venue to chat outside after that place closed. Talked until 1AM, when that venue was also closing. As convo ended, we looked at each other for a few seconds, and I said to myself outloud, "I want to kiss you... I'm going to do it", and made a move to her. She met me halfway. It was beautiful.

Walked to our cars after and I asked if she wanted to make out some more in the car. She told me that she might be tempted to go to the hotel with me if we did that. That was the invitation. I asked her, and after a little bit of mandatory LMR, she agreed to go back.

We had sex at the hotel. She asked for a condom and I was happy to oblige. Long, slow lovemaking. Made her O lots of times. We went to sleep then I wake up later with her grinding on me, so was only happy to oblige. She eventually grabbed it and stuck it in, no condom. The second session was rougher, although not too crazy (no slapping, no hair pulling), just harder, more primal. Also plenty of O's here; but it was less synchronized and "breathing together" than the first one.

Here's my dilemma:

At 6:30AM she left the hotel flustered. And eventually texted me a few days later that she felt sad and ashamed about having sex without condoms. That she "self abandoned" and let her emotions get the best of her. That she freaked out when that happens. Text read like a goodbye, talking about how great a guy I was, and to "take care", and implying that we'd never see each other again when she said to just give the item she left on the hotel to someone else. Saying she needs to work on herself before a relationship ("not strong enough yet").

In my response I took my share of the responsibility for not insisting on a condom, disqualified myself as wanting a relationship, wanted to stay friends with her due to our connection (which is true, happy if we never have sex again).

I'm not sure if she has buyer's remorse for the hook up, feels slutty for what she did, is unattracted to me, or what.

- former mormon but left (even though she's against that now, she still has guilt and conditioning to get through)

Additional context I'm not putting a lot of weight to because we were in the heat of the moment while having sex:
- She said, "If we're going to be doing this without condoms, you can't be having sex with other girls"
- I said, "When you told me that you hooked up with that one guy, I got really jealous"
- I didn't cuddle her enough (barely, actually); and the post-sex talk wasn't enough I think to really give her comfort since we've both been up for close to 24 hours by that point.
Buddy Hacket elaborated on this phenomena
, looooooong before The Manosphere was even so much as a daydream

ruins

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let’s do the mental exercise: say you didn’t f her well enough. Would you want to be with someone whom you need to f real hard to make her change her opinion about you?

my bias answer would be hell no. A woman that’s really attracted to you won’t measure you only on sex skills. Her blood would be warmer than that.

I’m undecided about how to conclusively judge the behavior of your girl. These days many girls have so many traumas, that it may as well be true what she said. In any case, just remember, being pushy will get you nowhere.
I actually think I f'ed her too hard. That maybe for the first time, it was better to keep it more vanilla. Should have definitely kept the condom on both times. But since we're both into this whole "spirituality" thing, I should have kept the sex more present. Less getting lost in instinct, more awareness.

I think the sex was great. It's all the other stuff I'm confused about.

Doctor Doom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like she has a lot of issues going on. You dodged a bullet. Think smarter next time though. Control your emotions and think logically.

Isildur1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Think after having sex the first time you should aim to take her out for breakfast the next day - this builds the narrative that you haven’t used her just for sex and that you’re a caring person . I lost a lot of plates due to not putting in enough effort post sex - it’s vital you make some effort to keep her - buying breakfast the day after us the easiest Imo

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Saying she needs to work on herself before a relationship
At 6:30AM she left the hotel flustered.
She's a hoe with obvious mental issues, count yourself lucky that you weren't accused of rape. Even with hotel surveillance to back you up, it could've messed up your life.

But since we're both into this whole "spirituality" thing,
Nothing says ''spiritual'' more than having an ONS. :D
As if you can really trust her on that. :rolleyes:

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JFL at all this serious **** on here and getting bent out of shape about women that aren’t going to wind up posters’ wives, serious life partners, or mothers of their children. “Yo, this woman had an attitude.” “Yo, this woman dipped on me after screwing.” “Yo, she’s being mean.” “Yo, she’s talking to an ex.” Fookin’ lulz.

Chow Mein

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What was the connection between you two before the date? Is she a colleague, client, vendor, etc?

ruins

Don Juan
Reaction score
Think after having sex the first time you should aim to take her out for breakfast the next day - this builds the narrative that you haven’t used her just for sex and that you’re a caring person . I lost a lot of plates due to not putting in enough effort post sex - it’s vital you make some effort to keep her - buying breakfast the day after us the easiest Imo
That would've been fine, if she didn't leave so early in the morning feeling flustered and guilty about what just happened (sex without condom). Obviously this girl likes me enough to spend so much time and energy talking to me, and then sleeping with me. But I guess it's hard to say just how much she likes me if such a thing happened and then she bails.

ruins

Don Juan
Reaction score
What was the connection between you two before the date? Is she a colleague, client, vendor, etc?
Met on a dating site months ago. Live a few hours away so no shared social connections. But texted and spoke on the phone a lot. Think we got it in our heads that we would be great friends since the distance was a factor. So there was a foundation of mutual respect there before this night happened.

ruins

Don Juan
Reaction score
She's a hoe with obvious mental issues, count yourself lucky that you weren't accused of rape. Even with hotel surveillance to back you up, it could've messed up your life.

Nothing says ''spiritual'' more than having an ONS. :D

As if you can really trust her on that. :rolleyes:
Fair enough. I just chalk it up as a woman being a woman. She just was honest about it with me. I don't always believe the body count women tell me, but hers seem reasonable enough since she was married until about 3 years ago, and she lives in a small town (not a lot of potential mates). She's been honest with the details of all her other hook ups. I know that sounds weird for some, but we just had that openness where we could freely talk about those things from both sides.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Should have definitely kept the condom on both times.
That's a good idea (and even an Iron Rule of Tomassi). Using a condom also protects you.

The sex was good enough. I don't think the quality of the sex was the primary reason for her post sex behavior.

I think she has some level of remorse for what she did.

I also think physical fatigue was a factor in the moment due to both people having been awake for nearly 24 hours at the end of sex. Everything can be off about an interaction based on that alone.

Religion might have been a factor.

Anyway, it's not a big deal since this interaction didn't have much of a possibility for longevity anyway. There might have been some misplaced expectations of longevity either by you or she might have had them.

Met on a dating site months ago. Live a few hours away so no shared social connections.
This is a weak connection in general. Living a few hours away makes things more difficult. One time sex was a good outcome given this.

This was really a bad idea for both of you. Long distance stuff doesn't work well. The two of you shouldn't have been talking at all.

It isn't. The distance factor is the biggest reason that it isn't. You're fortunate you won't see her around your city.

crowolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
You are too predictable and she holds the frame. Therefore, you are no longer a quality man in her eyes. She had the validation, now she doesn’t need you.

Regardless, it seems like you had a nice experience, so it’s all good. Just don’t chase her, imo she is acting strange, too.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Met on a dating site months ago. Live a few hours away so no shared social connections. But texted and spoke on the phone a lot. Think we got it in our heads that we would be great friends since the distance was a factor. So there was a foundation of mutual respect there before this night happened.
Stop attributing all these great traits to a woman you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. You don't "learn a lot" about people thru phone and text. You learn via spending time in person with them. Much harder to lie about things in person where you can notice things that might not match up with what they are saying or doing.

You have built this chick up to be something she is not, and now she is showing you that and you still want to believe this idealized version that you've created in your mind of her.

Stop it.

Believe her when she tells you who she is. She isn't lying.

ruins

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a good idea (and even an Iron Rule of Tomassi). Using a condom also protects you.

The sex was good enough. I don't think the quality of the sex was the primary reason for her post sex behavior.

I think she has some level of remorse for what she did.

I also think physical fatigue was a factor in the moment due to both people having been awake for nearly 24 hours at the end of sex. Everything can be off about an interaction based on that alone.

Religion might have been a factor.

Anyway, it's not a big deal since this interaction didn't have much of a possibility for longevity anyway. There might have been some misplaced expectations of longevity either by you or she might have had them.

This is a weak connection in general. Living a few hours away makes things more difficult. One time sex was a good outcome given this.

This was really a bad idea for both of you. Long distance stuff doesn't work well. The two of you shouldn't have been talking at all.

It isn't. The distance factor is the biggest reason that it isn't. You're fortunate you won't see her around your city.
Very thoughtful response. Thank you for taking the time to break down and respond to different segments of my post. This makes it easier to move forward.