James Marshall - A Natural History The Seduction Journals of James Marshall- Book Review

Isildur1

Don Juan
Reaction score
https://mindful-masculinity.org/202...ction-journals-of-james-marshall-book-review/

Going into this book for anyone who has been following the 21 convention or any of PUA developments between 2011- 2020 its indisputable to measure the about of influence James Marshall has had on pretty much the entire industry . His 21 convention speeches remain the best that I’ve seen on dating and seduction- he appears a much more well rounded and mature individual than the London daygame crew : Nick Krauser , Tom Torero and Yad and compared to this generation of “Red Pill” self-help coaches he’s just simply much more experienced than a Richard Cooper, Rollo Tomassi or Michael Sartain and he comes across much more realistic and honest than a John Anthony. Where he’s been critiqued in the past has been the overpricing of his content and even this book he priced at around $100 or an addition to purchase with his numerous expensive courses. He is the most expensive dating coach I’ve come across – is he worth it? Judging by my experience I don’t think any dating coach ever will be worth $10k a bootcamp you’re much better off putting that money into the gym and fashion but for arguments sake I still see him as a good mentor and public speaker in the dating realm. Has he milked that for some high ticket sales? Yes. But then again pretty much most coaches in the self help coaching sphere sell some products and services that are somewhat overpriced for their value. This industry has always been like that and James is no different.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
https://mindful-masculinity.org/202...ction-journals-of-james-marshall-book-review/

Going into this book for anyone who has been following the 21 convention or any of PUA developments between 2011- 2020 its indisputable to measure the about of influence James Marshall has had on pretty much the entire industry . His 21 convention speeches remain the best that I’ve seen on dating and seduction- he appears a much more well rounded and mature individual than the London daygame crew : Nick Krauser , Tom Torero and Yad and compared to this generation of “Red Pill” self-help coaches he’s just simply much more experienced than a Richard Cooper, Rollo Tomassi or Michael Sartain and he comes across much more realistic and honest than a John Anthony. Where he’s been critiqued in the past has been the overpricing of his content and even this book he priced at around $100 or an addition to purchase with his numerous expensive courses. He is the most expensive dating coach I’ve come across – is he worth it? Judging by my experience I don’t think any dating coach ever will be worth $10k a bootcamp you’re much better off putting that money into the gym and fashion but for arguments sake I still see him as a good mentor and public speaker in the dating realm. Has he milked that for some high ticket sales? Yes. But then again pretty much most coaches in the self help coaching sphere sell some products and services that are somewhat overpriced for their value. This industry has always been like that and James is no different.
He diminished his credibility, by giving that speech in which he gushed over the "all the good feminism has done"

Isildur1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Or: "How to make simple things complex so you can ask 100x the value from ignorant fools looking for the solution to your fabrications."

Why not get https://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671027034 and spend 10$ on valuable information.
Pretty fair point- I know someone who used to coach with those working for James and said that a fair percentage of his clients thought the content on his bootcamps was meh

another example of marketing in the men’s dating world eh- but I do think he has given good advice in the past on 21 con

Isildur1

Don Juan
Reaction score
He diminished his credibility, by giving that speech in which he gushed over the "all the good feminism has done"
Well he was raised by a single mother and had a ****ty father who cheated on his mum so I guess that had some impact on that speech also he dated a series of women in the book that had undergone alot of brutality from other men so that must’ve influenced that particularly 21 con speech

interestingly enough he himself cheated on numerous girlfriends and took many women for a ride judging by his autobiography before eventually being used for a visa and cheated on my a Ukrainian chick

I guess the Argument is if you are going to make a pro feminism speech then why **** around so much with women in the first place

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
another example of marketing in the men’s dating world eh- but I do think he has given good advice in the past on 21 con
The main problem I have with these PUAs is that they re-package old wisdom in ways that make that wisdom actually less wise, plus they plunder enormous amounts of money from naive sex-starved young adults.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One gotta be either very naive or just stupid to believe everything those PUAs say, especially when they talk about their lay-count.
They are just a bunch of phonies and scammers.
Watch their infields, it's sh1t, they don't know what they are doing. Parasites.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember him from a video he made with Zan Perrion a couple of years back. Indeed his vibe is different from low IQ PUAs such as John Anthony, but there were 2 things that immediately made me stop listening to him:
1. He's a tall, good looking guy (no homo) ... so he can't teach that.
2. He had a video cold approaching some girls sitting on a bench somewhere in Riga, Latvia or thereabouts. It immediately seemed pathetic and creepy ... a 46yrs old (IIRC) guy doing that sort of thing. :rolleyes:

Isildur1

Don Juan
Reaction score
One gotta be either very naive or just stupid to believe everything those PUAs say, especially when they talk about their lay-count.
They are just a bunch of phonies and scammers.
Watch their infields, it's sh1t, they don't know what they are doing. Parasites.
Thought James Marshall’s infield was good- i have a friend who worked for one of his coaches three years ago and the lay stories are legit can confirm.

however on the sales side of things they’ve declined pretty heavily despite being up in YouTube views and clicks their sales on bootcamps are down some 80 percent post Covid - fits in line with the general death of alot of seduction forums

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
interestingly enough he himself cheated on numerous girlfriends and took many women for a ride judging by his autobiography before eventually being used for a visa and cheated on my a Ukrainian chick
His thoughts on the relations between men and women are thus just as suspect as Karen DeCrow and Betty Friedan's are in the opposite direction. Gender parity isn't necessarily all it's cracked up to be

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's neither interesting nor ironic nor surprising. Like I stated in another thread, you attract how you are. If you're superficial, you'll attract shallow women. If you have a roving eye, you'll attract disloyal women. If you have severe dark triad traits, you attract mental cases. If you lead with your wallet, you will attract gold diggers.

So when you're untrustworthy and disloyal in your relationships, you will attract untrustworthy disloyal women. This is just a fact of life and not surprising that a player cannot 'lock down' a loyal faithful woman.

Isildur1

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's neither interesting nor ironic nor surprising. Like I stated in another thread, you attract how you are. If you're superficial, you'll attract shallow women. If you have a roving eye, you'll attract disloyal women. If you have severe dark triad traits, you attract mental cases. If you lead with your wallet, you will attract gold diggers.

So when you're untrustworthy and disloyal in your relationships, you will attract untrustworthy disloyal women. This is just a fact of life and not surprising that a player cannot 'lock down' a loyal faithful woman.
Pretty interesting - James Marshall ended getting f’ed in his divorce

his major wingman John also cheated on a lot of women and ended up breaking off an engagement another one of his wingmen flowz also ended up cheating on his wife with two kids

however his other major wingman Liam McRae is married to a super model right now judging instagram and a friend of mine who knows him and it’s going well. Don’t think he ever cheated on women he was in ltrs with like James , John and flowz did though. Tony Solo another worker of TNL seems to be in a good marriage too now judging by instagram .

but yeah it seems that a lot of puas do meet bad plights in their ltrs - mystery another one who suffered a bad divorce counter Argument to this is Paul Janka who seems to be happily married with kids

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

his major wingman John also cheated on a lot of women and ended up breaking off an engagement another one of his wingmen flowz also ended up cheating on his wife with two kids

however his other major wingman Liam McRae is married to a super model right now judging instagram and a friend of mine who knows him and it’s going well. Don’t think he ever cheated on women he was in ltrs with like James , John and flowz did though. Tony Solo another worker of TNL seems to be in a good marriage too now judging by instagram .

but yeah it seems that a lot of puas do meet bad plights in their ltrs - mystery another one who suffered a bad divorce counter Argument to this is Paul Janka who seems to be happily married with kids
I started a thread about major PUAs having significant personal issues in the past. Looks like James Marshall could have been added to this list.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well he was raised by a single mother and had a ****ty father who cheated on his mum so I guess that had some impact on that speech also he dated a series of women in the book that had undergone alot of brutality from other men so that must’ve influenced that particularly 21 con speech
Im not surprised. Many men in the Anglosphere have psychological problems, primarily a sort of single-mommy-induced Stockholm Syndrome, from being raised by a single mommy and a minimum of twelve years of female-provided education in public schools. Women become their route of survival and well being so damn near everything is done to impress them and be on their good sides, something PUAs must be adept at.

Isildur1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I started a thread about major PUAs having significant personal issues in the past. Looks like James Marshall could have been added to this list.

James Marshall is still an entrepreneurial success- i think the issues lie with the people he hired- one of whom appeared to steal 6 figures from him , his best friend then John tried to sabotage the business and he lost Liam Mcrae arguably his best asset

He still has a villa in Portugal , a 350k youtube channel and a flat in Hungary - financially he's successful so too are his ex coaches Liam Mcrae, Tony Solo

its his ex coach/ex best friend John Neil Thomsen that seemed to do a lot of damage to his business and appeared to have mental breakdowns all the time
i can't remember the name of his ex coach who stole 6 figures of him
there were rumours that his ex girlfriend even tried to sue him but i can't verify that

mindful-masculinity.org/2024/06/05/assessing-the-fall-of-james-marshalls-the-natural-lifestyles/ a post i wrote about James Marshall's TNL business and how i believe it's failing slowly but surely and what this mean's for the rest of the PUA industry at large

• TNL lost a good quantity of its best coaches and was unable to replace them
  • TNL went down the similar route of Simple Pickup,Rsd, daygame.com with internal conflicts/ men's PUA community movements crumbling harming their internal progress and causing the business to dry up or their products to be weaker in quality. Also the loss of key coaches may make their coaching products less desirable (possibly) .
  • TNL proved the high sales ticket model was only sustianable for so long
  • James Marshall’s speeches at the 21 convention whilst amazing weren’t sustainable to maintain his business past 10 years. Whilst he had an amazing run its clear looking at his website and the lack fo coaches participating on his courses that sales have dried up .
  • Their current sales suggests they are on decline compared to pre covid when they were selling out boot camps at $15k a pot .
  • New coaches potentially not as appealing as the old ones - current ones losing their appeal

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, I'm not surprised the player gets played.

Most people are promiscuous because their lust outranks their vows. This is a character flaw that is deeply programmed into some people, who are always dissatisfied. The grass is always greener... Those are the people I mean with the 'roving eye'; they're always afraid of missing out, and always on the lookout for a 'better deal', but they forget that the type of woman they date has the same roving eye and will not be loyal.

I guess McRae and Solo matured out of the infantile notch count culture. Some do, currently most don't.