How are my brothers in the carolinas holding up:)

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That storm has claimed alot of lives how are you guys doing?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My city always misses hurricanes and storms and whatnot i'm at the point of ignoring all weather reports and warnings.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Never happens just like the one house that has been thru several hurricanes before and had been standing for 75 years when the guy bought it a few months ago?

It's now a pile of matchsticks.

It never happens, until it actually happens. Then it happened.

If you live in a hurricane zone it's not a matter of "if", only of "when". Might not be in your lifetime but it is going to happen.

Last edited:

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We got hit with a CAT 5 hurricane in 92 here in miami and have had only one CAT 3 in the last decade very fortunate here in south florida for sure.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We got hit with a CAT 5 hurricane in 92 here in miami and have had only one CAT 3 in the last decade very fortunate here in south florida for sure.
I once talked to a hurricane Andrew survivor. Her house and neighborhood were leveled. But the most disturbing part of her story was that the authorities set up a perimeter around the destruction, which makes sense to prevent looters from coming in, but they also wouldn't let anyone leave. The rule for the first couple days was "no one gets in, no one gets out."

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I once talked to a hurricane Andrew survivor. Her house and neighborhood were leveled. But the most disturbing part of her story was that the authorities set up a perimeter around the destruction, which makes sense to prevent looters from coming in, but they also wouldn't let anyone leave. The rule for the first couple days was "no one gets in, no one gets out."
i was in elementary school when that storm hit trust me you dont want to go through that.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a few good independent youtube journalists interviewing survivors and telling a story that isn't reported in the mainstream media, like running out of body bags and the stench of corpses. The actual death toll may rival Katrina. The "missing" number is only people who got reported as such, and this area is home to a lot of close knit families and loners, who often all got washed away together. Many of them are buried in the mud and will never be recovered. It will be the same as Katrina, after it became a boring media story the official death toll spiked up dramatically.

Chow Mein

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a few good independent youtube journalists interviewing survivors and telling a story that isn't reported in the mainstream media, like running out of body bags and the stench of corpses. The actual death toll may rival Katrina. The "missing" number is only people who got reported as such, and this area is home to a lot of close knit families and loners, who often all got washed away together. Many of them are buried in the mud and will never be recovered. It will be the same as Katrina, after it became a boring media story the official death toll spiked up dramatically.
Wouldn’t the media want to report higher death tolls?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn’t the media want to report higher death tolls?
They are not supposed to until the bodies have been recovered and identified. It's like the 2006 tsunami, bodies get dismembered and buried in rubble of the flood. It takes a long time to identify everyone, and there will be people who died and never get reported.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a few good independent youtube journalists interviewing survivors and telling a story that isn't reported in the mainstream media, like running out of body bags and the stench of corpses. The actual death toll may rival Katrina
As we've all learned over the past decade, content creators masquerading as journalists are more trustworthy than Jimmy Carter, post-Presidency