Bumble is going down the drain...

jamesfromhouston

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been on OLD for years but every year, my results from it seem to be getting worst and worst... (I pay for premium as well!)

Of all the OLD apps, Bumble seemed like the golden goose.

This was because Bumble integrated well with our RP understanding at one point. What do I mean by this?

Most girls on swipe apps are only just looking for their own 1% man but enjoying endless attention from 99% of men.

When girls have so many options, it's very hard to gauge their interest level, especially when most swipe apps put the burden on us to initiate and sustain the conversation. You almost start at a lower ground in trying to gauge the IL from girls to find the ones that are worthy.

Bumble was different. Bumble put the burden on the girls to send the first message in the conversation, and this really helped us (men) with weeding out who truly had IL and those who were just looking for attention.

Guess what? This has changed. Bumble has recently introduced a feature where girls don't have to start the conversation.

Suddenly, Bumble is no different from Tinder, CMB or Hinge.

Since this feature, my results from Bumble has really taken a nose dive. The flakey and pointless matches have gone up.

Are there any of you now who are still killing it on OLD?

Isildur1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumble was an unnatural app anyway- like how many women genuinely want to open first and my friends who used the app would just be opened with "hi" or "how's it going" from women - really garbage convo with little to build on

I gave up online dating 2017 and switched to daygame around November of that year my results massively improved and I met my now girlfriend from cold approach who herself never used online dating as she couldn't trust the men on it.

I also dated a few girls who had some really bad experiences from online dating a couple of near rape experiences on bumble from Turkish and Kuwaiti men which led them to give up on the apps

For me I never did well online in London ironically I got a lot of matches in Dallas were my mum's family lived but alot of those women were single mum's or women who weren't interested in meeting - had some success in Brazil but im aware there are risks involved in Eastern Europe and Latin America

I also had a wing that got scammed off an online date in Ukraine back in 2019 ended up costing him around $2000 - he ended up lured to gangster's bar were he was forced to give money in order to leave.

When I was in Eastern Europe I also received messages from girls who seemed "way too keen on meeting up" if you know what I mean - in other words they wanted to meet at a bar in their location the same night they matched me - definite scam in my eyes praying on thirsty Westerners for the most part

if I went back to Brazil/Eastern Europe I'd never use it again and would just stick to cold approaching in malls

Online dating should really just be a supplement to other methods imo there are opportunities don't get me wrong but im not sure the juice is worth the squeeze

holidayad_

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if I went back to Brazil/Eastern Europe I'd never use it again and would just stick to cold approaching in malls
Interesting. It's the first time I've seen anyone talk about this type of scam in Brazil.

I've heard reports of catfishing, but that happens worldwide.

Which city were you in?

Clockwerk50

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling this way, jamesfromhouston. If you're unable to travel to the Philippines, where your green card might be more appreciated than you are, it’s important to find healthier ways to cope with your pain. Unfortunately, it can feel like it’s all downhill from here. It can be tough when it seems like others have it all, like that ripped Chad with a full head of hair who owns a coffee shop, a construction company, or inherited money from his parents and gets all the women. But remember, there are different paths to fulfillment.

One suggestion might be to invest in a comforting pillow that you can hug at night. It can serve as a source of comfort during tough times and can substitute for real women. Pairing it with uplifting content, like motivational videos or affirmations from attractive women, might help too. The advantage of the pillow is that you can hump it if you need to, and if you’re really down, you might give it some extra attention, like a couple of extra pumps. Don’t worry if you don’t thrust it right; the pillow will always be there for you, and this certainty can help you maintain a positive outlook throughout your life.

Cheers!

holidayad_

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been on OLD for years but every year, my results from it seem to be getting worst and worst... (I pay for premium as well!)

Of all the OLD apps, Bumble seemed like the golden goose.

This was because Bumble integrated well with our RP understanding at one point. What do I mean by this?

Most girls on swipe apps are only just looking for their own 1% man but enjoying endless attention from 99% of men.

When girls have so many options, it's very hard to gauge their interest level, especially when most swipe apps put the burden on us to initiate and sustain the conversation. You almost start at a lower ground in trying to gauge the IL from girls to find the ones that are worthy.

Bumble was different. Bumble put the burden on the girls to send the first message in the conversation, and this really helped us (men) with weeding out who truly had IL and those who were just looking for attention.

Guess what? This has changed. Bumble has recently introduced a feature where girls don't have to start the conversation.

Suddenly, Bumble is no different from Tinder, CMB or Hinge.

Since this feature, my results from Bumble has really taken a nose dive. The flakey and pointless matches have gone up.

Are there any of you now who are still killing it on OLD?
Bumble has always been my go-to app. The way it’s set up, there’s just more interest from women compared to apps like Tinder. If someone’s not really into it, they just let the 24-hour timer run out, and the match is gone.

Honestly, I think this setup is kinda broken tho. A lot of women aren’t there for serious reasons—they’re just looking for validation.

And then there’s the cultural thing. For instance, dating apps work differently in Europe versus Brazil. In Latin America, you get way more matches, so it’s just easier overall.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't want to burst your bubble, but the whole 'dating app' business is geared towards making money, not to bring you love.

Human attraction is not based on seeing a heavily-filtered and photoshopped picture and reading a self-penned 2% truthful bio.

Go out and talk with women.

Chow Mein

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling this way, jamesfromhouston. If you're unable to travel to the Philippines, where your green card might be more appreciated than you are, it’s important to find healthier ways to cope with your pain. Unfortunately, it can feel like it’s all downhill from here. It can be tough when it seems like others have it all, like that ripped Chad with a full head of hair who owns a coffee shop, a construction company, or inherited money from his parents and gets all the women. But remember, there are different paths to fulfillment.

One suggestion might be to invest in a comforting pillow that you can hug at night. It can serve as a source of comfort during tough times and can substitute for real women. Pairing it with uplifting content, like motivational videos or affirmations from attractive women, might help too. The advantage of the pillow is that you can hump it if you need to, and if you’re really down, you might give it some extra attention, like a couple of extra pumps. Don’t worry if you don’t thrust it right; the pillow will always be there for you, and this certainty can help you maintain a positive outlook throughout your life.

Cheers!
Only on SoSuave will you hear another man recommend a WAIFU pillow :D

Isildur1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. It's the first time I've seen anyone talk about this type of scam in Brazil.

I've heard reports of catfishing, but that happens worldwide.

Which city were you in?
The scams and murders of American tourists were in Colombia to be clear

Brazil I used online game in Belo Horizonte

did night game in Rio, Florinopolis , Porto Alagre and Salvador

results were mixed and really the optimal way to maximise results is to learn Portuguese as language can be a real issue in some situations

in Colombia I dated a Brazilian and a fair few western expats but no locals - most of them again spoke Spanish I didn’t use apps there

viking22

Don Juan
Reaction score
Even average looking girls get hundreds of matches a day. And the problem is that the longer a woman has been on an app the less effort she is likely to put in. OLD apps worked better when they were a novelty and there was a regular influx of new users joining who would be a lot more active in terms of messaging, swiping, checking through their likes and more likely to take out a premium subscription. Also remember that most girls are on the free versions which restrict the number of likes they can send and also means they cannot even see who has liked them. Clearly when a girl has a very limited number of likes she is only going to swipe right on the small handful of hot guys that all the other girls are swiping right on and then they will get butthurt when those guys don't message them or ghost them or whatever.

I also think that most women prefer to focus their attention on just one guy at a time. Unless you are that guy you'll either get lazy or short answers to your messages or get ghosted after a few messages. Chances are you aren't a top model so either you just have to have a particular look that is exactly their type or you manage to strike an instant connection because something in your profile really resonates with her or you manage to engage her with your opening message either by teasing her, challenging her, being playful etc.

But long and short of it is that it is a numbers game and while you can improve the odds a little (better photos, better prompts, trying to use it mostly at times when women are more likely to be active, lowering your standards) you just have to accept the nature of the beast.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try improving yourself. You just have to level up and be the 1% of guys that women are chasing. Be the in demand type of guy that they want.
Start your own business, lift, renovate your IG page.

My fat friend met his looks-matched fat second wife on Bumble. My Chad friend met his second wife on there too.

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've used Bumble before.

I like how Bumble is set up so that the woman has to reach out to the man.

A 50 year old doctor reached out to me. How impressive. Alas, I never had any luck at anything more than chatting with broads on Bumble.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alas, I never had any luck at anything more than chatting with broads on Bumble.
Did you push for phone numbers and setting up dates?