At what point were tech methods easiest for a guy?

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
13-14 Tinder was still a novelty and people were naive towards social media

Women were starting to get large flows of attention but " sliding in the dm"s." wasn't really a widespread culture

Today online dating and even just basic social media is just a mockery

Theres memes being made of memes

I have zero dating apps installed on my phone I couldn't be less interested in meeting people with zero personality

Nearly every person I meet and talk to male and female is saying exactly the same thing.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of women these days can also be classified as weird, creepy, socially inept, etc. The suggestion that you just have to act normal and be able to carry a conversation is a bit outdated. How do you act "normal" around a woman who has multiple tattoos, describes herself as a "dog mom" and still lives with her parents at the age of 35?
Not throwing any shade at you(Just speaking in general) but if you going on dates with women with multiple tattoo's who are dog mom's at 35 you need to up your standards. I live in one of the most liberal cities in all of America these types of women are common and I avoid them like the plague even for casual hookups, it's not worth it usually if you see their OLD profiles it has terms like "intersectional feminist" "EFF The police" "LQBTQ Ally(or something of that sort)" etc. These women are very easy to spot. Also I would never approach these women in public the only place I may seem them is art galleries but the restaurants and night venues I hit up those types of women don't go there.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That day is today. In this aftermath of The Covid Apocalypse we now exist in, so few men are pursuing women out in reality, the pickings are ample for the few who are

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Caleb Jones (aka Alpha Male 2.0, Blackdragon) wrote an article about this topic. He believes that every online dating technology, whether it’s a website, an app, or a service, goes through five phases of effectiveness. This has been true to him going back to video dating profiles in the 1980s.

I don't agree with everything he says in this article (or in general) but this model is a decent model to answer @GoodMan32 's question.

Caleb pulled most of the ideas from that 2020 article from this 2015 article.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
That's fine if you have that preference. You know who else are usually sexual freaks that like anal? Homosexuals. I'm just saying.
I'll have to take your word at that...you sound pretty experienced at something I have no experience with.

But as this is a forum talking about women, perhaps you may want to step back in the closet while here? :lol: :lol:

Reincarnated

Don Juan
Reaction score

These things come and go in cycles. For a while Tinder was the place to be, then Bumble had its time, more recently it was Hinge, but even that has fallen to an extent. We're currently at a point where no options are ideal.

Technology isn't going anywhere, just have to be adaptive. Every hurricane has a high tide, but eventually the water always recedes.

The bar is definitely higher for guys to be successful virtually now, but the optionality and quality is still there for guys in the top 10-15%. It's really just about becoming that guy.

Last edited:

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

These things come and go in cycles. For a while Tinder was the place to be, then Bumble had its time, more recently it was Hinge, but even that has fallen to an extent. We're currently at a point where no options are ideal.

Technology isn't going anywhere, just have to be adaptive. Every hurricane has a high tide, but eventually the water always recedes.

The bar is definitely higher for guys to be successful virtually now, but the optionality and quality is still there for guys in the top 10-15%. It's really just about becoming that guy.
Pretty close to my estimate of 2012.

Back in 2015, I still had a flip phone. I remember a coworker at the time telling me I was missing out on the honeys (as you needed a smartphone to get the Tinder App)

That coworker might have been right.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back in 2015, I still had a flip phone. I remember a coworker at the time telling me I was missing out on the honeys (as you needed a smartphone to get the Tinder App)
In 2015, having a flip phone was dating suicide. Around 2010 is when bougie White women expected men to have smartphones on in-person approaches. I have tended to run in circles over time with bougie White women. If you were doing in-person approaches around then and pulled out a flip phone in an approach with a bougie White woman, you would have gotten a really bad reaction unless you were 6'0"+ and fit/muscular.

I define a bougie White woman as a woman who is....
  • College educated -- usually her degree is complete but could be applicable for college students who are clearly on the path to completion.
  • White collar job
  • Grew up middle class + and is middle class + as an adult
Not only were you missing out on swipe apps then, you were also going to be frowned upon with in-person approaches.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience, 2013

I met tons of women online and laid a bunch of them 2013 to 2014. Got into a ltr in 2014 to 2015 and after that apps like tinder weren't the same

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In 2015, having a flip phone was dating suicide. Around 2010 is when bougie White women expected men to have smartphones on in-person approaches. I have tended to run in circles over time with bougie White women. If you were doing in-person approaches around then and pulled out a flip phone in an approach with a bougie White woman, you would have gotten a really bad reaction unless you were 6'0"+ and fit/muscular.

I define a bougie White woman as a woman who is....
  • College educated -- usually her degree is complete but could be applicable for college students who are clearly on the path to completion.
  • White collar job
  • Grew up middle class + and is middle class + as an adult
Not only were you missing out on swipe apps then, you were also going to be frowned upon with in-person approaches.
Yeah, the fact I still had a flip phone at the time put me in the solid minority.

I finally switched to a smartphone in 2016.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the fact I still had a flip phone at the time put me in the solid minority.

I finally switched to a smartphone in 2016.
The iPhone was released in mid-2007. The first Android device hit the market in 2008-2009. Blackberry preceded the iPhone and was also popular in the late 2000s.

It was around 2010 that I noticed with the women I interacted with most (mainly White women) that there was an expectation for having a smartphone.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I agree however I would add if you're not a Top 10-15% guy even if you're broke you can easily be there just with a great physique. If we are talking about OLD most women don't care about money unless they are Golddiggers or looking for a provider. There are a lot of women in OLD just looking to smash. I was in the best shape of my life in 2014/2015 and it was like taking candy from a baby! Yeah you may have to bust your ass for a year or two in the gym(depending on your current shape)but in most areas a lot of men are frumpy, dad bod's or soyboys etc. Women will overlook a guy being broke or not having high status in OLD if he has a great phyisque. At that time I wasn't making a lot of money (50K) a year. I know some guys who are in their 40s and they look like they could be football players and they smash all types of chicks (From super hot to landwhales lol)

If I was broke in my 20s or 30s this is what I would be doing, the easiest way to smash if that's what you're looking for

Reincarnated

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree however I would add if you're not a Top 10-15% guy even if you're broke you can easily be there just with a great physique. If we are talking about OLD most women don't care about money unless they are Golddiggers or looking for a provider. There are a lot of women in OLD just looking to smash. I was in the best shape of my life in 2014/2015 and it was like taking candy from a baby! Yeah you may have to bust your ass for a year or two in the gym(depending on your current shape)but in most areas a lot of men are frumpy, dad bod's or soyboys etc. Women will overlook a guy being broke or not having high status in OLD if he has a great phyisque. At that time I wasn't making a lot of money (50K) a year. I know some guys who are in their 40s and they look like they could be football players and they smash all types of chicks (From super hot to landwhales lol)

Agree with this completely. If you have visible abs and quality shoulder definition in your profile pic, basically anything else can be overlooked in OLD for hookups. At that point you're in, you've demonstrated the value they want to see in that particular setting.