Would it look awkward if I were to read a newspaper or book at a bar or Pub?

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty much a solitary guy and go on a lot of solo outings.

Would it look awkward if I were to read a newspaper or book in a bar or Pub? Say if I were to spend a solitary evening there by myself and I got no one to talk to. I think this act would be more suited for a coffee shop.......but say you wanna get a glass of beer or wine. What do you guys think?

I think I'd sit in a less crowded area and away from all the noise especially if there showing sports games lol

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a similar scenario, I often will take my laptop to a Cafe. It doesn't look awkward at all (in my opinion)

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tend to hang out at Coffee shops just to read books in the evening.......places like Starbucks or local cofee shops.....

But I think I'll mix it up at a local bar just for a different environment.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to a bar or pub and look to meet women. Bringing a book to a nightlife venue seems a bit odd. You could read a book at home.

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to a bar or pub and look to meet women. Bringing a book to a nightlife venue seems a bit odd. You could read a book at home.

What if you just wanna chill for the night and relax and be in a social environment instead?

Some dudes here are in relationships or too tired to socialize because of work obligations and would rather relax and have a private evening by themselves.

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After reading your post, you make a good point.

I suppose there's a big difference between a Cafe and a bar/pub.

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought this idea up....because I'm looking up Flight attendant gigs for the future.

Lots of those guys live solitary lives and probably take books with them to bars and pubs to read on their downtime.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What if you just wanna chill for the night and relax and be in a social environment instead?

Some dudes here are in relationships or too tired to socialize because of work obligations and would rather relax and have a private evening by themselves.
Stupidest idea ever. You can't focus or concentrate, and anyone who says they do are lying. Bars are only for social drinking. There is nothing to gain bringing a book there.