Met this girl online, but can't see each other in person for weeks.

bario

Don Juan
Reaction score
I met this girl online and we did a quick introductory video call. We live in the same region, but I'm currently traveling for a week and she will be traveling as well out if country for couple weeks. So we won't be meeting in person until probably a month or so as a result.

She told me that she generally prefers minimal communication before meeting in person with someone.

My question, how should I handle the text/communications during this period? Once a week text? No texts?

Clockwerk50

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The power dynamic isn’t in your favour because you’ll be waiting until she returns to your area.

You can either text her “text me when you’re back,” text her when she is back, or wait for her to reach out. The key is to give her space while she’s away. If she’s interested in reconnecting when she returns, that’s great.

You only got one bullet/chance to initiate contact. Make it count. Hopefully you made a great impression.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Meh, there is nothing to do here other than date other women in the meantime and then reach out once you are both back.

Either she will meet up or she won't.

Not even worth worrying about at this point.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"OK, let me know when you're back from your travels and want to meet up. Have a nice trip."

bario

Don Juan
Reaction score
"OK, let me know when you're back from your travels and want to meet up. Have a nice trip."
I was thinking of sending this once I return back myself in couple days: "Hey, I'm back in town. Let me know when you're back from your travels and want to meet up. Have a nice trip."

I guess it won't hurt?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking of sending this once I return back myself in couple days: "Hey, I'm back in town. Let me know when you're back from your travels and want to meet up. Have a nice trip."

I guess it won't hurt?
Probably, as long as you don't emotionally over-invest in low interest women. She must want you more, not less.