She lies to the men she doesn't respect

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no one gets used unless they allow themselves to be used.
All people manipulate, even the ones who claim not to manipulate. It's not all the same, manipulation is also a teaching tool, but as an experienced con man told me: it's quite easy to lose respect for the mark, just don't let your condescension shine through.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All people manipulate, even the ones who claim not to manipulate.
Basic human interaction is not manipulation. Every person who attempts to gain something by dishonesty should always be held accountable.

but as an experienced con man told me: it's quite easy to lose respect for the mark, just don't let your condescension shine through.
yep

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basic human interaction is not manipulation. Every person who attempts to gain something by dishonesty should always be held accountable.
Every person attempts to gain something, even if it's only attention and validation. Therefore, the moment you're looking to gain something out of an interaction, you will look for ways to manipulate the situation. This can just be something like making sure the sun is at your back when you're facing someone, so you can see their expression but they have difficulty seeing yours. Women putting on make-up are manipulating their appearance. Combing your hair over the bald spot is manipulation to appear having a full head of hair.
You may even do these things 'unconsciously', although most manipulation is rooted in nurture and experience.

The main problem is that manipulation is seen as 'dishonest' by people who think in absolute terms of right and wrong. If you dress above your actual social standing to impress other people or even women specifically, you are manipulating the situation. If you work in an office and talk with a posh affectation to hide your blue collar background, you are manipulating the opinions of your audience.
If a stand-up comedian makes a provocative remark to draw your attention to something, he's manipulating your feelings, but is that bad? Or even unexpected?

Every person on this board who had a hand in seducing a woman will have manipulated the situation. Comes with the territory.

That's why my first question pretty much always revolves around 'cui bono'?

Last edited:

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The main problem is that manipulation is seen as 'dishonest' by people who think in absolute terms of right and wrong.
Haha we can have a philosophic discussion if you want.

When you interact with people, you either integrate in reality, mis-integrate, or disintegrate from reality. There's no way getting around that. You either benefit yourself, hurt yourself by accident, or hurt yourself on purpose. What you do has consequences

If you dress above your actual social standing to impress other people or even women specifically, you are manipulating the situation. If you work in an office and talk with a posh affectation to hide your blue collar background, you are manipulating the opinions of your audience.
If a stand-up comedian makes a provocative remark to draw your attention to something, he's manipulating your feelings, but is that bad? Or even unexpected?
That's not manipulation. I think I'm the smartest person in the room most of the time, I talk like it too. I'm not manipulating anyone.

Every person on this board who had a hand in seducing a woman will have manipulated the situation. Comes with the territory.
I just do me and like to have fun with it, and I don't care too much if the woman lands in my bed or not. I don't call that manipulation because I'm not looking to weasel me way into getting another notch on my bedpost. I'll give myself a lot of power over the situation, but that's not manipulation.

Therefore, the moment you're looking to gain something out of an interaction, you will look for ways to manipulate the situation.
Like I said before, basic human interaction is not manipulation (being deliberately dishonest). When I interact with people, I integrate myself in reality, not disintegrate from it.

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When playing a game: if you cheat, you may find it fun initially, but eventually, you'll completely lose your passion for it and your mission.

This is my feeling when "obviously" manipulating my and other people behaviour