Age is just a number

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Age is just a number

I have seen people who are 20 years old do things that only 12-year-olds do, and I have also seen others lead lives that a 40-year-old could have. In fact, I have seen 25-year-olds who are 10 years ahead in life, as if they were 35 years old and had stolen 10 years from somewhere.

In your opinion, since we are social animals, does this depend on whom we choose as our mentors? Therefore, what kind of influences do we surround ourselves with throughout our lives?

For example, I'm 29, but I don’t focus on what 25-year-olds or those my age are doing. Instead, I prefer to look ahead and see how people in their 40s and 50s are managing their lives. Some are entrepreneurs with families, striving to maintain a balance between work and freedom, while others work part-time and pursue entrepreneurship, enjoying a level of leisure that many entrepreneurs would dream of.

Having said that, whom do you look up to? Do you have any mentors or a group of people who inspire you? Would you inspire to older people?

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mentor 2 kids (not to be disrespectful but they are younger) one is 25 the other is 29. These two kids are already making 6&7 figures respectively, Heck they make more than me not sure how I get into the mentor role. Both are good kids, and humble, ambitious and driven that's why I like them

I have some mentors too. One I speak with regularly once a week, one of the smartest street guys(but he works a legal job in the government) I know he understands the world and makes me think in ways I haven't I talk to him more than anyone and I like his balanced opinions on situations. Another mentor I spoke to once in a blue moon but his style is more like "You figure it out" I don't really pick his brain on stuff we just talk about life. However, I do consider him a mentor in a sense as he is very RP aware but has a realistic approach that can be utilized with women in the real world and not some fairytale fantasy that RP men like to spew (only wife virgins WOMP WOMP WOMP)

I think in life you have to surround yourself with people you strive to be like or learn from. I don't hang around the "IT" crowd anymore, I found it to be shallow and pretentious as those people don't resonate with a guy like me who likes to think and converse about the deeper meanings of life

Last edited:

parabellum

Don Juan
Reaction score
I also prefer to look ahead, but always try to keep myself grounded on my own actions. I have the firm belief that a man needs to spearhead his agenda with enough self-assurance and some times to the bitter end. The danger with the mentors is that they might convince you to do otherwise, based on their successes. In the end is a trade off because this is a good thing sometimes, not so good in other situations.

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mentor 2 kids (not to be disrespectful but they are younger) one is 25 the other is 29. These two kids are already making 6&7 figures respectively, Heck they make more than me not sure how I get into the mentor role. Both are good kids, and humble, ambitious and driven that's why I like them

I have some mentors too. One I speak with regularly once a week, one of the smartest street guys(but he works a legal job in the government) I know he understands the world and makes me think in ways I haven't I talk to him more than anyone and I like his balanced opinions on situations. Another mentor I spoke to once in a blue moon but his style is more like "You figure it out" I don't really pick his brain on stuff we just talk about life. However, I do consider him a mentor in a sense as he is very RP aware but has a realistic approach that can be utilized with women in the real world and not some fairytale fantasy that RP men like to spew (only wife virgins WOMP WOMP WOMP)

I think in life you have to surround yourself with people you strive to be like or learn from. I don't hang around the "IT" crowd anymore, I found it to be shallow and pretentious as those people don't resonate with a guy like me who likes to think and converse about the deeper meanings of life
How luck should we consider to have/find a person who can be our mentor, talk about topics like this.
This is hard to find.
I also prefer to look ahead, but always try to keep myself grounded on my own actions. I have the firm belief that a man needs to spearhead his agenda with enough self-assurance and some times to the bitter end. The danger with the mentors is that they might convince you to do otherwise, based on their successes. In the end is a trade off because this is a good thing sometimes, not so good in other situations.
I consider a mentor, also someone you can be inspired to do things, somoene like a father