Lookmaxing experiment

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The #1 thing you need to do first before anything else is get to 10% bodyfat.. I used to be chubby and was basically invisible to women. Once I got lean, it was insane how much attention I was getting from women.
I’ve never been less than about 15-17%.

itouchyou

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you know what percent body fat you have? Is it like: the doctor's chart says that I should weigh 200 pounds, but I weigh 210, so that's 5%, or is it some other way of figuring it?
You could get a dexascan which costs anywhere from $100-300 and that will tell you exactly what % you are.

Or you could just check visually. Everyone holds bodyfat in different places; for example I mostly hold it in the hips and midsection and chest. Just google image search "bodyfat guide for men" and you'll know.

Another thing to note is that it's not the percentage that matters; 10% for me looks a lot different than 10% for someone else.

I’ve never been less than about 15-17%.
If you hold a lot of fat on your face like I do, then leaning out will help. It uncovers the fat which hides your jawline, cheekbones, etc. Even now I have been cutting down from a high bodyfat to low, and living in NYC I can tell the difference because I will catch women's eyes just walking around now. Previously I would never see them look at me, EVER. I'm not even lean yet so when I fully lean out that's when it will get really interesting.

I think going overboard on looksmaxing is a bit ridiculous. All any man needs is the following:

Be lean
Have a haircut that suits your face shape
Shape your eyebrows
Whiten your teeth
Have a skincare routine
Either be clean shaven or have a well maintained beard

That's pretty much it. Everything else is overboard IMO.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a good thread

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or you could just check visually.

Another thing to note is that it's not the percentage that matters; 10% for me looks a lot different than 10% for someone else.
This is why I think body fat scans are pointless in the same way sleep trackers are. It just tells you what is already self-evident. Look in the mirror, are you happy with how you look? Good. If not, change it. The numbers don't matter as much especially considering everyone unique body comp, as you said.

Be lean
Have a haircut that suits your face shape
Shape your eyebrows
Whiten your teeth
Have a skincare routine
Either be clean shaven or have a well maintained beard

That's pretty much it. Everything else is overboard IMO.
Yeah I would agree with this. Haircut/facial hair + good skin + good teeth can make you go from a 5/6 to an 8, easily. Eyebrow shaping is kinda gay though.

sharkfinale

Don Juan
Reaction score
As mentioned in the first post, I have been mewing. But I was doing it only half way. Essentially just holding the tip of the tongue on the roof of the mouth. At the beginning of this experiment, I got a better technique to hold the complete tongue on the roof of the mouth from a video I watched. Hold the tip on the roof, then bend the neck down. This forces the entire tongue to stick to the roof of the mouth.

I have been doing that for the past few weeks. And there is some change. I was not able to perceive the change in the mirror, but my wisdom teeth is growing out. Till like two days ago, my wisdom would say. Now it is growing out more on both sides, just the lower ones. Pains like a b!tch.

Essentially it means gonial angle has become low creating more space for the wisdom teeth to grow. Once the wisdom teeth fully develops, the lower gonial angle will be set forever. Hopefully the upper ones grow out too. It just shows that I had not hit the peak genetic potential all these years.

Clockwerk50

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Since you are just getting your wisdom teeth I am assuming you are young. I suggest getting braces since it will also fix your jaw. I got them a year ago in my 30’s and my jaw changed completely. Nice teeth are a huge boost out there in SMV.

sharkfinale

Don Juan
Reaction score
Since you are just getting your wisdom teeth I am assuming you are young. I suggest getting braces since it will also fix your jaw. I got them a year ago in my 30’s and my jaw changed completely. Nice teeth are a huge boost out there in SMV.
I got wisdom teeth around 29-30. But they did not come out fully.

I do not get why I would need braces? My teeth are straight and without gaps.

Clockwerk50

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got wisdom teeth around 29-30. But they did not come out fully.

I do not get why I would need braces? My teeth are straight and without gaps.
“Braces can correct misalignment of both the teeth and jaw by returning the jaw to a more favorable position. This results in a symmetrical face, mouth, and smile, making it less likely to grind or gnash teeth while sleeping at night. It will also make chewing food easier to do and improve dental health.”

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is why I think body fat scans are pointless in the same way sleep trackers are. It just tells you what is already self-evident. Look in the mirror, are you happy with how you look? Good. If not, change it. The numbers don't matter as much especially considering everyone unique body comp, as you said.

Yeah I would agree with this. Haircut/facial hair + good skin + good teeth can make you go from a 5/6 to an 8, easily. Eyebrow shaping is kinda gay though.
One’s not going from a 5/6 to an 8. Not without surgery. And even then…unlikely.

sharkfinale

Don Juan
Reaction score
“Braces can correct misalignment of both the teeth and jaw by returning the jaw to a more favorable position. This results in a symmetrical face, mouth, and smile, making it less likely to grind or gnash teeth while sleeping at night. It will also make chewing food easier to do and improve dental health.”

I don't know. I will have to look into it.

I think the improvement in jaw will be for those who have misaligned teeth. But I do not have any alignment problem with my teeth.

I had an accident when I was 10 which broke my top incisor. So had dental procedure done as child and as adult to fix that. And all of them (including a plate who was a dentist) have said I have straight aligned teeth. Never have tried to sell me braces. I, at the moment don't think braces will do anything for me. But I will look into it.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have always been of the opinion the only looksmaxxing a man can do are:

be muscular
Be low BF (more important than muscles. Most women want abs over big arms)
Have good, well fitting clothes.

the rest is irrelevant. I could be wrong.

it’s quite unfair really. Any woman who is average and not fat and not old can dye their hair blonde, put on some hot clothes, lots of make up and a pout and they look pretty hot.

For us we gotta train hard and eat right for years to get ourselves attractive.

Poster above said get to 10% BF but in my experience at that level you’ll be so weak and emotional you won’t be that good with the ladies. I got to sub 14/15 and my entire life was basically avoiding food, thinking about food. 10% just would not be healthy for me, I wouldn’t be able to do my job, unless I was on PED.

Abs start to show at 15%, you’ll be ahead of 95% of guys at this BF

sharkfinale

Don Juan
Reaction score

be muscular

I would say, this is true for the most part. But, just from a few anecdotal experience in my life, the very best looking girls like the top 5% girls in terms of looks, do care. Like, they might like you, meet you down low, but prefer not to show you to their friends or essentially not want to be seen with you.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say, this is true for the most part. But, just from a few anecdotal experience in my life, the very best looking girls like the top 5% girls in terms of looks, do care. Like, they might like you, meet you down low, but prefer not to show you to their friends or essentially not want to be seen with you.
Ah, fk them. If you’re fit, healthy, making money and dressed well, I wouldn’t want a woman who’s getting hung up about pores and tanning.

in my experience good looking gals often end up sleeping with some pretty non-metro guys.

It seems pretty feminine to be doing this stuff. Might be the case in the US where you have higher beauty standards as evidenced with all the white teeth and facelifts, not in UK.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

be muscular

it’s quite unfair really. Any woman who is average and not fat and not old can dye their hair blonde, put on some hot clothes, lots of make up and a pout and they look pretty hot.

For us we gotta train hard and eat right for years to get ourselves attractive.

Poster above said get to 10% BF but in my experience at that level you’ll be so weak and emotional you won’t be that good with the ladies. I got to sub 14/15 and my entire life was basically avoiding food, thinking about food. 10% just would not be healthy for me, I wouldn’t be able to do my job, unless I was on PED.

Abs start to show at 15%, you’ll be ahead of 95% of guys at this BF
Low BF % reduces facial fat. If you have good facial structure, the low BF can raise you up dramatically. That’s the most important of all.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One’s not going from a 5/6 to an 8. Not without surgery. And even then…unlikely.
I'm probably projecting since I look like a 5 of I don't take care of myself and an 8 at my absolute peak health/grooming/etc. The difference of a haircut alone can be staggering.

itouchyou

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Low BF % reduces facial fat. If you have good facial structure, the low BF can raise you up dramatically. That’s the most important of all.
Yep. There are guys out there that have a face that looks like it's at 10% bodyfat despite them actually being at 20-25%. Luckiest people out there. If I had that, I wouldn't care about lifting much.

sharkfinale

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there a bald prevention regimen you guys use?
If it is just prevention, just finastride is enough. If you start early.

If you want to grow hair, add minoxidil to the mix. Stacking Dermarolling will help. Tack on Ketoconazole 2% shampoo if you have dandruff.

sharkfinale

Don Juan
Reaction score
I stayed at my grandmother's for a bit more than a week, attending family function.

My grandmother mentioned that my face has become 'brighter'. Cousins have mentioned my hair has improved. They all saw me about a year ago. So I guess things are looking good.

I gained 13 pounds in that time. Is that even humanly possible?

I hope most of it is water weight as the diet by grandma is mostly carbs, 6-8 times a day. Otherwise I'm mostly keto and intermittent fasting.