Mere Exposure Effect in LTR's

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The mere exposure effect is really interesting. I'm not a model or a particularly good-looking guy, but I consider myself above average. At first, when people see me, they find nothing appealing (except for the compliments I receive about my eyes every time). However, as the mere exposure effect and proximity come into play, the difference is outstanding.

If a woman thinks you are a 5 out of 10, this effect can really elevate your perception to an 8 or 9 in her eyes. The same happens with men; they may initially see you as a "normie," but then, thanks to the exposure effect, they begin to perceive you as more "intelligent."

But if this is true, shouldn’t a relationship last 100 years? Why is that not the case? Why doesn’t the mere exposure effect affect the longevity of a relationship with someone?

Great explanation here https://www.sosuave.com/quick/tip29.htm

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
At first, when people see me, they find nothing appealing (except for the compliments I receive about my eyes every time)
Do plasma beams shoot out of them each time you remove your Ray Bans, or are they more similar to those of Laura Mars?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman thinks you are a 5 out of 10, this effect can really elevate your perception to an 8 or 9 in her eyes. The same happens with men; they may initially see you as a "normie," but then, thanks to the exposure effect, they begin to perceive you as more "intelligent."
Mere exposure doesn't increase the perceptive jump in attractiveness.

It's about what happens during the exposure. For instance, I noticed women consider me more attractive after sex. The exposure time is irrelevant: they could know me for ages or just days, but I jumped several levels up in attraction and esteem after intimacy.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do plasma beams shoot out of them each time you remove your Ray Bans, or are they more similar to those of Laura Mars?
Maybe he has anime eyes.

Anime squating kawaii girl with shorties and sweater.jpeg

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mere exposure doesn't increase the perceptive jump in attractiveness.

It's about what happens during the exposure. For instance, I noticed women consider me more attractive after sex. The exposure time is irrelevant: they could know me for ages or just days, but I jumped several levels up in attraction and esteem after intimacy.
Hmm so if this is the case for you, I don't know why, but when I am exposed frequently to a woman, she would start to consider me more attractive.
Could it be something in my appeareance, character I don't know.
Did you spot that because women directly tell that to you?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm so if this is the case for you, I don't know why, but when I am exposed frequently to a woman, she would start to consider me more attractive.
Isn't that why they call it 'building attraction'?

Could it be something in my appeareance, character I don't know.
In my case, most women get more attracted to me when they know me longer, but the real jump is after sex. Or finding out something about me that resonates with them.

Did you spot that because women directly tell that to you?
Some do, some don't. I can read women pretty well without them needing to point out the obvious.

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well this is just the base foundation of 80% of LTR's out there if you think about it.
Childhood, school, college, cooking or painting course friends, social circle, the yoga class, reading group, church, surfing group, etc... most of the relationships start with repeated "proximity" and "exposure", and then evolve into a real romantic relationship.

I do think that this blog post it's really good to explaining the concepts of it, but the final message look like "that person you like is not good because you've been fooled by proximity and exposure".
This is not complete..