Grocery store pickup

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Ahh yes, my kinda subject...as a true veteran in grocery store game..I will share some thoughts.

Challenging? I think it is one of the most easiest.

Yeah, that is why you should have a game plan on what you will say...because having a game plan requires less thinking and will apply equally to every woman you encounter.

Funny you mention Trader Joe's.

No bullshiit, today while I was at work making a delivery to a customer (at a restaurant), I asked the guy who signs for the product about the eye candy that frequents the restaurant.

He told me that there is some eye candy that comes through there, but not like it used to be.

So we had a conversation about women and cold approaching..and I told him about my frequent visits to Walmart.

His eyes lit up and he said, "Bro, if you want to see gorgeous women, start paying Trader Joe's a visit.

"Once you see the women who shop there, you won't want step into Walmart again". :lol:

First him, now you lol.

I gotta hit up Trader Joe's.

Brooo, see, the advice I'm about to give you is, in my opinion, what separates the men from the boys.

I'm not with all the *****footing around.

I take action, I go for it...my advice is for you to do the same.

When she smiled (whether she smiled at you or not), I would have said..

"Miss, you have a cute smile, are you single?"

No hesitation. Do not hesitate. Go for it.

Rip the band-aid off.

Be a man. Go for it.

I usually follow women from a distance and they are normally always focused on shopping instead of their surroundings and won't notice me.

However, to your point, after they see you in their vicinity a couple times, they may become noticably suspicious lol.

I've had that happen a couple times, actually lol.

I had one bad experience where a woman called me out for following her lol.

I would share the short story on how it went down, but never mind.

Next time, seize the opportunity.

Never let a missed opportunity be because of you.

Bro, from what I can tell, your problem is simple; your mentality is based on a false premise.

"I need to comment on something".

Now, I agree, you need to comment on something...but my idea of commenting is different than yours.

My idea of commenting: "You are an attractive woman. Are you single?"

Your idea of commenting: "Hey, I see you have 95% lean meat in your cart, are you a vegetarian?

See the difference? My comment was directed towards her physical attraction, followed by a question pertaining to her relationship status.

And based on the question, she knows EXACTLY where I am going with it (they always know).

Your comment/question (with all due respect )was some quirky, indirect, beta-puss inquiry, knowing full well you don't give a DAMN about whether she vegetarian or not lol.

My advice, BE MORE DIRECT, BOLD, and straightforward.

Now look, don't get me wrong, your comment could very well lead in to something.

But my point is...if her puzzy is on the roof of a 12 story building...would you rather take the stairs to get there, or the elevator?
Walmart is full of pigs.

You have to go to Target, Trader Joes or Whole Foods.

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is commonly recommended to do grocery store approaching somewhere in the aisles rather than waiting on a checkout line. This was discussed in Roosh's "Day Bang" book (published 2011 now out of print) and in some other daygame articles/manuals.
Or, if you are like me, follow her out to the parking lot after she leave the checkout line :cool:.

True. That's why you need to be prepared going into a store for approaching. Have a standard scripted, memorized line if necessary. Also, you could open with an observation about her, the environment in the store, or ask a question about something in her grocery basket. Roosh advised the "Is that good?" line about some food or drink product in her basket.
Eventually, I'll bump my cold approach thread and share some insight on how I am currently doing my direct, straight-to-the-point conversation starters and responses.

It will be interesting, stay tuned.

But as far as Roosh and his "Is that good" advise...as I stated before, sure, that can lead to something....but again, I am from the ARC camp, and that "Is it good" shiit ain't alpha enough for me.

Not direct enough.

Most grocery store approaches are done without IOIs. With that said, doing grocery store approaches with an IOI is going to increase the odds of a successful approach.
True.

But I must say, if you work on body game, the IOIs will come.

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Walmart is full of pigs.
Good, because I love ribs, pork chops, and bacon.

They need to open more locations, then.

Because I will pass 5 Walmarts before I see one Trader Joe's or Whole Foods.

And nobody shops at Target anymore...every time I step into Target it is dead...with more employees than customers.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

And nobody shops at Target anymore...every time I step into Target it is dead...with more employees than customers.
Target isn't ideal food wise, but when I was there last week I saw 10 women 7+ all within 5 minutes.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But as far as Roosh and his "Is that good" advise...as I stated before, sure, that can lead to something....but again, I am from the ARC camp, and that "Is it good" shiit ain't alpha enough for me.

Not direct enough.
Roosh was more of a proponent of indirect game vs. direct game.

There have probably been threads on indirect vs. direct, so I don't want to turn this thread into indirect vs. direct.

In a grocery store, one argument for indirect would be plausible deniability. Doing direct game in a grocery store might annoy a store manager and possibly on premise private security.

The biggest thing that could draw attention to a grocery store approacher is staying in the store too long. The longest I would recommend staying in any grocery store if doing approaches in it is one hour. Also, buy stuff in the grocery store. A grocery store is not a mall store. In a mall store, you can get away with going into a store and not purchasing something. That's not possible with a grocery store.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I have said before; I think this environment is one of the most challenging. I am referring to passing females in the aisles, not waiting on line. Waiting online is a little easier.

You don't have time to think; you have to have something to say right in the moment and if you hesitate a few seconds the opportunity is gone.

I made brief eye contact with an attractive blonde at the Trader Joe's and she cracked a very, very slight smile but was looking to the side and not at me when she did it. I am not sure if that very slight smile was for me, but I hesitated because I had ZERO to comment on.

You also want to avoid going in the same direction since it might seem like you are "following her". She was in another area of mine a few minutes later, but I did not say anything.

Supermarket pickup is extremely challenging, because what do you comment on? "Hey, I see you have 95% lean meat in your cart, are you a vegetarian?

Thoughts?
You're overthinking it, grocery stores are as easy as any other place people aren't in a rush.

A couple weeks ago I was looking to try some new chicken seasoning recipes and saw a cutie in yoga pants walk by me going the opposite way in the spice aisle. I told myself if she ended up coming back into the aisle or sticking around and browsing, that I'd ask her an innocent question.

She did just that so I walked up to her and said 'hey do you know your spices? I'm trying to season a whole chicken and have no idea which of these would be any good, any suggestions?'

She started suggesting different combinations and most importantly she started asking questions back. In any situation when a woman asks questions back, it's game on and I know she's interested. We asked questions back and forth, got off topic to more personal stuff, laughed a bit, and swapped numbers. I laid her two days later after meeting up for coffee.

Start with an innocent situational question, then simply see if they ask questions back. If they do then just chop it up and set the vibe.

I use this innocent question approach everywhere with great success. If she asks questions back it's something like a 90% lay rate. If she doesn't ask anything then I let the conversation die and go on with my day.

Last edited:

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I walked up to her and said 'hey do you know your spices? I'm trying to season a whole chicken and have no idea which of these would be any good, any suggestions?'
I use this innocent question approach everywhere with great success.
That's not an innocent question, it's an obvious and sleazy PUA opener that only dumb hoes* would respond to. Any other girl knows you have access to all the info you need on your phone. And what qualifies her as a culinary expert anyway, her tight yoga pants?
I laid her two days later after meeting up for coffee.
*Point proven. :D
Need to be super careful in Grocery stores theres almost always a BF wondering around somewhere
Exactly ... I'd like to see his face when her BF appears and gives him a stern 'can't I leave my GF alone for 2 min without some A-hole hitting on her' look. :D

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's not an innocent question, it's an obvious and sleazy PUA opener that only dumb hoes* would respond to. Any other girl knows you have access to all the info you need on your phone. And what qualifies her as a culinary expert anyway, her tight yoga pants?

*Point proven. :D

Exactly ... I'd like to see his face when her BF appears and gives him a stern 'can't I leave my GF alone for 2 min without some A-hole hitting on her' look. :D
Funny, with that logic asking her literally anything is sleazy and a PUA opener because I could just shove my face in my phone. Fuuck tech, networking in person is way better imo.

All women are hoes deep down, it's a primal response when they sense something they like and there's nothing wrong with it. Personally I lose interest if she doesn't put out on the first date. I might go on one more if her personality was amazing, but otherwise it's simple incompatibility. You must love prudes that hate sex or breadcrumb you.

She's a woman that's grocery shopping, chances are she knows her way around a kitchen. Besides, the point is to gauge her interest, not test her knowledge of spices.

I couldn't give two fuucks if her bf is an aisle over. If she's a feral cat she'll fuuck around and there's nothing he can do about it.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to see his face when her BF appears and gives him a stern 'can't I leave my GF alone for 2 min without some A-hole hitting on her' look. :D
Most boyfriends know their girlfriends get hit on when their girlfriends go out into public alone. Even with fewer men doing approaches in real life, there are enough men out there doing approaches.

grocery stores are as easy as any other place people aren't in a rush.

A couple weeks ago I was looking to try some new chicken seasoning recipes and saw a cutie in yoga pants walk by me going the opposite way in the spice aisle. I told myself if she ended up coming back into the aisle or sticking around and browsing, that I'd ask her an innocent question.

She did just that so I walked up to her and said 'hey do you know your spices? I'm trying to season a whole chicken and have no idea which of these would be any good, any suggestions?'

She started suggesting different combinations and most importantly she started asking questions back. In any situation when a woman asks questions back, it's game on and I know she's interested. We asked questions back and forth, got off topic to more personal stuff, laughed a bit, and swapped numbers. I laid her two days later after meeting up for coffee.

Start with an innocent situational question, then simply see if they ask questions back. If they do then just chop it up and set the vibe.

I use this innocent question approach everywhere with great success. If she asks questions back it's something like a 90% lay rate. If she doesn't ask anything then I let the conversation die and go on with my day.
It's not an obvious opener because there is plausible deniability. It is a PUA tactic. Roosh promoted indirect openers similar to this in "Day Bang", which was published back in 2011.

While some questions can be answered with Google, YouTube, and TikTok searches on a smartphone, tablet, or laptop, not all questions are like that. Asking a question of "Is X good or is X a good cooking method?" is somewhat of a valid questions. The idea with any situational observation or situational question is to break the ice and then transition into slightly deeper topics and then assess if there's a good vibe. Roosh had a GALNUC framework for these daygame conversations. In the London Daygame Model, this is called "Open-Stack-Vibe-Invest-Close". It is same idea. Open a female somehow, get her talking, then arrange a get together/instant date, and collect her phone number.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Walmart is full of pigs.

It depends on what's most appealing to you.

The fittest females will tend to be at stores like Whole Foods, Sprouts, and Trader Joe's. There are also some example's of regional grocers with a similar profile to those stores mentioned, such as AJ's Fine Foods in Arizona or Central Market in Texas.

The problem with doing seduction at Whole Foods is that while there are some attractive women there, a lot of the women who shop at Whole Foods have attitude problems. There are a lot of careerist, Girl Boss types at Whole Foods. These types are a little bit more difficult for something medium to longer term. Some men might be able to put up with them enough for some short term sex. It all depends on the individual man's preferences.

Sprouts is a little bit better than Whole Foods in terms of pricing. Somewhat lower prices. As a result, the women have attitudes that are a little bit more down to Earth.

With every brand of grocer, some store locations are going to be better for pickup than others. Store locations in neighborhoods with mostly single family houses and a lot of married people are going to be worse options for grocery store approaching. Store locations near apartments and in neighborhoods with mostly unmarried people are where you want to do your grocery store approaching. In a larger metropolitan area, sometimes small distances can make a difference in picking which grocery store you'll want to go to if you want to try and do approaches while out shopping.

In considering my history with grocery store approaching, I have done a lot of grocery store approaching in my life across brands of grocery stores. I have gotten more dates at Kroger/Albertsons branded stores (see links below for list of those store brand names) as compared to Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Sprouts, or Natural Grocers. That may be something specific to me and my approaching/vibe.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Got plenty of 70+ year old grannies for you too :lol:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It depends on what's most appealing to you.

The fittest females will tend to be at stores like Whole Foods, Sprouts, and Trader Joe's. There are also some example's of regional grocers with a similar profile to those stores mentioned, such as AJ's Fine Foods in Arizona or Central Market in Texas.

The problem with doing seduction at Whole Foods is that while there are some attractive women there, a lot of the women who shop at Whole Foods have attitude problems. There are a lot of careerist, Girl Boss types at Whole Foods. These types are a little bit more difficult for something medium to longer term. Some men might be able to put up with them enough for some short term sex. It all depends on the individual man's preferences.

Sprouts is a little bit better than Whole Foods in terms of pricing. Somewhat lower prices. As a result, the women have attitudes that are a little bit more down to Earth.

With every brand of grocer, some store locations are going to be better for pickup than others. Store locations in neighborhoods with mostly single family houses and a lot of married people are going to be worse options for grocery store approaching. Store locations near apartments and in neighborhoods with mostly unmarried people are where you want to do your grocery store approaching. In a larger metropolitan area, sometimes small distances can make a difference in picking which grocery store you'll want to go to if you want to try and do approaches while out shopping.

In considering my history with grocery store approaching, I have done a lot of grocery store approaching in my life across brands of grocery stores. I have gotten more dates at Kroger/Albertsons branded stores (see links below for list of those store brand names) as compared to Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Sprouts, or Natural Grocers. That may be something specific to me and my approaching/vibe.

Most likely due to random chance. You haven't done anywhere near enough statistically to draw any conclusions that wouldn't be more likely to simply be from random chance.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most likely due to random chance. You haven't done anywhere near enough statistically to draw any conclusions that wouldn't be more likely to simply be from random chance.
What is most likely due to random chance? Getting more dates at Kroger/Albertsons branded stores than other types of stores. I have spent a fair amount of time in most grocery stores over the years I've been living independently.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
... you should have a game plan on what you will say...because having a game plan requires less thinking and will apply equally to every woman you encounter.
This Billy Joel song is literally about the importance of that game plan.

Another of his songs is about coping with not succeeding ("Just a little push, and you'll be smiling").