Lookmaxing experiment

sharkfinale

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never really been the type of guy that takes good care of himself. Except for lifting and playing occasional sport.

During C-19 lockdown, I came across video on YouTube on mewing. Seemed interesting. And started practicing. The thought process was what have I got to loose and it does not take any money or extra time. It was difficult for a week or so. After that mewing became natural. It must have been like 3.5 years now and I notice a huge difference.

During the start of this year I started doing minoxidil, finastride, and microneedling for hair growth. It was a similar thought process. I have been loosing hair for the last 10 years or so. I would have to shave my hair off anyway in couple of years. What the heck, let me try something in the meantime and started all that. In just few months, there is considerable change.

Yesterday, this thread by @Jesse Pinkman showed up in my feed. https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threa...2023-heres-how-they-are-meeting-women.279571/

I am the kind of guy that does not get matches on dating apps, only things work in person. The crux of the thread felt true to me and decided to do something about it.

I dove deep into looksmaxxing rabbit hole and decided to do as much as possible without going insane.

Just ordered all these stuff off Amazon.

1. Pore unclogging body wash
2. Body exfoliating body wash
3. Silicone body scrubber
4. Microfiber bath towel
5. Tinted moisturizer with SPF50
6. Beard razor pen
7. Ear-nose hair trimmer
8. Scalp massager with silicone bristles
9. Face wash
10. Lip exfoliating scrub
11. Retinol serum
12. Teeth whitening strips
13. Jaw line exerciser
14. Finastride, minoxidil refill
15. Teeth whitening toothpaste
16. Hair volume powder

Going off the deep end

I will be using all this stuff from as they arrive. All this is in addition to daily 10,000 steps and lifting 4 times a week.

Next things on agenda.

1. Get better fitting clothes and find a style
2. Learn adobe lightroom
3. May be laser treatment for hair removal, acne scar removal.
4. Perfumes.

What are your thoughts and opinions? Anything else I should add? Or is it too much already?

I do plan to update this thread every month.

P.S: I know it is best to post pictures in this type of thread. I prefer not to do that. This is more like a journaling for myself. May be I will change my mind later.

sharkfinale

Don Juan
Reaction score
The #1 thing you need to do first before anything else is get to 10% bodyfat.. I used to be chubby and was basically invisible to women. Once I got lean, it was insane how much attention I was getting from women.
Yes. 10% body fat is on the cards.

IRL, I do get noticed by women. They look at me, give me IOI's. Some even open me, latest one happened last week at a cafe. But definitely 10% body fat is good to have to crack dating apps.

sharkfinale

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never really been the type of guy that takes good care of himself. Except for lifting and playing occasional sport.

During C-19 lockdown, I came across video on YouTube on mewing. Seemed interesting. And started practicing. The thought process was what have I got to loose and it does not take any money or extra time. It was difficult for a week or so. After that mewing became natural. It must have been like 3.5 years now and I notice a huge difference.

During the start of this year I started doing minoxidil, finastride, and microneedling for hair growth. It was a similar thought process. I have been loosing hair for the last 10 years or so. I would have to shave my hair off anyway in couple of years. What the heck, let me try something in the meantime and started all that. In just few months, there is considerable change.

Yesterday, this thread by @Jesse Pinkman showed up in my feed. https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threa...2023-heres-how-they-are-meeting-women.279571/

I am the kind of guy that does not get matches on dating apps, only things work in person. The crux of the thread felt true to me and decided to do something about it.

I dove deep into looksmaxxing rabbit hole and decided to do as much as possible without going insane.

Just ordered all these stuff off Amazon.

1. Pore unclogging body wash
2. Body exfoliating body wash
3. Silicone body scrubber
4. Microfiber bath towel
5. Tinted moisturizer with SPF50
6. Beard razor pen
7. Ear-nose hair trimmer
8. Scalp massager with silicone bristles
9. Face wash
10. Lip exfoliating scrub
11. Retinol serum
12. Teeth whitening strips
13. Jaw line exerciser
14. Finastride, minoxidil refill
15. Teeth whitening toothpaste
16. Hair volume powder

Going off the deep end

I will be using all this stuff from as they arrive. All this is in addition to daily 10,000 steps and lifting 4 times a week.

Next things on agenda.

1. Get better fitting clothes and find a style
2. Learn adobe lightroom
3. May be laser treatment for hair removal, acne scar removal.
4. Perfumes.

What are your thoughts and opinions? Anything else I should add? Or is it too much already?

I do plan to update this thread every month.

P.S: I know it is best to post pictures in this type of thread. I prefer not to do that. This is more like a journaling for myself. May be I will change my mind later.

Many of the stuff came. And built a weekly regimen.

Everyday: Walk 10,000 steps, Face wash (morning and evening), Vitamin C serum in the morning, Moisturizer (morning & evening), finastride, minoxidil, Collagen peptide powder (not started yet), Beta carotene (not started yet)
5 times a week: Resistance training
3 times a week: retinol (evening)
2 times a week: Microneedling face and scalp, face scrub, face peel mask
1 time a week: trimming downstairs, beard, removing baby hair

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wtf. Waxing and a bit of self tanner like Bondi Sands or Mantan is pretty good. Looksmaxing should only be done because it makes you feel good about yourself. Most women today aren't putting in much effort appearance why do it to impress them if they like it that's cool.

sharkfinale

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wtf. Waxing and a bit of self tanner like Bondi Sands or Mantan is pretty good. Looksmaxing should only be done because it makes you feel good about yourself. Most women today aren't putting in much effort appearance why do it to impress them if they like it that's cool.
I am doing it for myself. I want to get married only in my 40s. So slowing the decline is a good idea.

There are still women who do put an effort into their appearance.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are, they are in the minority especially Gen Y and Z. Asian women and Eastern European women have a higher proportion of classy women. Wokeness has encouraged a high percentage of women to not even try.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looksmaxxing (without obsessing or going overboard) is a good thing. Leaving aside the obvious positives with women, the day-to-day advantages one gets by being attractive are many. It is life on ‘easy mode’. People get a dopamine spike when they see or are around attractive people. And. They are just friendlier & nicer and willing to go out of their way for you. There is really no reason not to present one’s self as best one can.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score

sharkfinale

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update

Following the regimen for about 2 weeks now.

My body fat right now is about 17%. So to reach 10%, I think it will take about another 3 months.

I think silicon scrubber worked better to wash my body compared to loofah. Loofah does feel better while using. But I think silicon scrubber is better for the skin.

The body wash I bought has perfume in it. I don't think that's good for my skin. So I will be switching to one without perfume when current stock runs out.

I returned the ear-nose trimmer before using it. And got Philips 9000 series trimmer which has like 5 different heads. That makes the beard pen I bought unwanted. So no longer going to get beard pens. Will stick with trimmer. It is also better to use than beard pen for styling.

I trim the baby hair on the forehead, ear lobes, and to the side of my eyes. I think that makes a great difference in the appearance.

Also getting a perfume free face wash after the current tube is over.

Decided lip exfoliating scrub is not required for me. Since I stopped smoking in June, lip have been improving. And I brush lips with toothbrush. So should be fine.

Teeth whitening strips work. I only used it 2 times. There is noticeable change. So I will keep using that once a week.

Jaw line exerciser seems to be overkill for me. Mewing has given me decent jaw shape. So threw jawsizer away. Once body fat gets low my jaw should pop out well. I was also microneedling scalp for hair growth (which I forgot to mention in first post). I extended that to face.

I returned the hair volume powder. Never used it. My thinking is if the improvements with minoxidil and finastride continues at the same pace, it should be good in another 6 months.

Learnt basics of adobe lightroom. I understood the mechanics. I cancelled the lightroom subscription. Will get some open source program for mac. That should be fine.

Will look into perfumes and new clothes next month.

Overall, I think it is trending in positive direction. My face appear to be a tad bit smoother. I think because of that acne scars get more attention. I hope the use of consistent use of retinol will improve that. In the short time of two weeks, I would say trimming the baby hair had more impact on overall appearance than any products.

So my routine looks like this now.

Every morning: shower, face wash, vitamin C serum, sunscreen, moisturizer

Weight training (4 times a week)

Thursdays, Sunday evening: trimming

Minoxidil, finastride, 10,000 steps - every day

Evenings: Shower, face wash, microneedling (2 times a week)/face cleanser (once a week)/retinol serum

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update

Following the regimen for about 2 weeks now.

My body fat right now is about 17%. So to reach 10%, I think it will take about another 3 months.

I think silicon scrubber worked better to wash my body compared to loofah. Loofah does feel better while using. But I think silicon scrubber is better for the skin.

The body wash I bought has perfume in it. I don't think that's good for my skin. So I will be switching to one without perfume when current stock runs out.

I returned the ear-nose trimmer before using it. And got Philips 9000 series trimmer which has like 5 different heads. That makes the beard pen I bought unwanted. So no longer going to get beard pens. Will stick with trimmer. It is also better to use than beard pen for styling.

I trim the baby hair on the forehead, ear lobes, and to the side of my eyes. I think that makes a great difference in the appearance.

Also getting a perfume free face wash after the current tube is over.

Decided lip exfoliating scrub is not required for me. Since I stopped smoking in June, lip have been improving. And I brush lips with toothbrush. So should be fine.

Teeth whitening strips work. I only used it 2 times. There is noticeable change. So I will keep using that once a week.

Jaw line exerciser seems to be overkill for me. Mewing has given me decent jaw shape. So threw jawsizer away. Once body fat gets low my jaw should pop out well. I was also microneedling scalp for hair growth (which I forgot to mention in first post). I extended that to face.

I returned the hair volume powder. Never used it. My thinking is if the improvements with minoxidil and finastride continues at the same pace, it should be good in another 6 months.

Learnt basics of adobe lightroom. I understood the mechanics. I cancelled the lightroom subscription. Will get some open source program for mac. That should be fine.

Will look into perfumes and new clothes next month.

Overall, I think it is trending in positive direction. My face appear to be a tad bit smoother. I think because of that acne scars get more attention. I hope the use of consistent use of retinol will improve that. In the short time of two weeks, I would say trimming the baby hair had more impact on overall appearance than any products.

So my routine looks like this now.

Every morning: shower, face wash, vitamin C serum, sunscreen, moisturizer

Weight training (4 times a week)

Thursdays, Sunday evening: trimming

Minoxidil, finastride, 10,000 steps - every day

Evenings: Shower, face wash, microneedling (2 times a week)/face cleanser (once a week)/retinol serum
I’ve heard microneedling shouldn’t be done more than 1xweek. And no finasteride topically within 24 hours.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A man looks after his body for himself first and foremost. As we discussed in a prior thread https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threads/looksmaxxing-goes-mainstream.282162/#post-3117651, what we today discuss in jargon was self-explanatory to men who lived in the far-from-ancient past
The rewards for being attractive have always been known. ‘Your face is your fortune’ is a statement that was true thousands of years ago as well as today. If one experiences the perks of being attractive, they will move Heaven & High Water to ensure they keep it.

sharkfinale

Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve heard microneedling shouldn’t be done more than 1xweek. And no finasteride topically within 24 hours.
I take finastride and minoxidil orally. Those are with doctor's prescription. Meets with doc every month.

I do microneedling on my own. Started once a week. Now going twice a week. I use 0.3 mm needle. Seems to be fine till now. But will monitor.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I take finastride and minoxidil orally. Those are with doctor's prescription. Meets with doc every month.

I do microneedling on my own. Started once a week. Now going twice a week. I use 0.3 mm needle. Seems to be fine till now. But will monitor.
Topical fin & microN would be a risk.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find it peculiar how much people talk about pride in maintaining their yard, or car, or whatever else, but don't apply that same logic to their bodies.

Looksmaxxing has a place but it's easy to go overboard with it, and some of this is fvcking ridiculous. At the very least you should use some skincare products, teeth whitening, and look into hair loss prevention techniques. Currently all I really bother with is skincare and oral care, and I think those are the bread and butter along with haircare.

I actually have an unopened, professional grade, non-consumer version of a crest teeth whitening kit that I was given as a courtesy/favor from a dentist office, but never used it. I didn't realize the whitening gel had a short shelf life, and looks like it expired a year ago, so now i'm a bit annoyed about that, because the "professional use only" grade stuff is probably stronger. Oh well. I'll try that out and see how effective it is and replace the gel if needed.

Last edited:

davidsonj73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The #1 thing you need to do first before anything else is get to 10% bodyfat.. I used to be chubby and was basically invisible to women. Once I got lean, it was insane how much attention I was getting from women.
How do you know what percent body fat you have? Is it like: the doctor's chart says that I should weigh 200 pounds, but I weigh 210, so that's 5%, or is it some other way of figuring it?