Women browsing around bookshops

Jumbo Gumbo

Banned
Reaction score
Do you have any tips and pointers for meeting women at bookstores and smooth transition into insta-dates?

I am a fan of books and the conversation style of bookworms is cool with me.

Any suggestions about how to dress or how to behave when browsing bookstores for women? Wear relaxed and casual clean clothes with a European vibe.

One goal is to reel her in from the bookshop to a nearby wine bar that happens to be a block from my place. You like that?

As I type this post I also wonder if too many bookworm women are the dreaded politically-correct types (cringe) and that could be part of what we’re up against. But I can always filter out tattoos and other features that define that type.

Oh I also have printed cards with my contact info and design printed on them. These I give to women to ask to text me some other time and I will take her for lunch a drink or something fun

What else am I missing?

Any suggestions for openers?

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try these:

"how are you? You know the fun books are on the next aisle over right?" She will smile, and you say "ohh yes, the how to find a cute guy at the book store is on Aisle 8". If she likes you she will blush. Start talking about dating. Ask her to join you for a coffee, etc. if she says no ask for her number and call it on the spot so you know its good.

OR

"I was looking for the book Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus....have you read it? You need to know a little about it incase she doesn't. Start a conversation about the book. Women love relationship stuff.

The tone of your voice, facial expressions, and eye contact are always important in delievering your message. This is the nonverbal part of communication that most of you don't get.

Now @Jumbo Gumbo I want you to go to the book store and try this on 3 different girls and report back.

When you don't even know what to say, you don't need to be singling out girls due to your over analyzing what type of girl you might encounter.

And leave your printed cards at home. You'll come across as awkward and she'll think you pass them out to every girl. Why you guys want to put another barrier between you and them is beyond me. Just get the damn number and her name and move forward.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just get the damn number and her name and move forward.
I generally agree with this. Printed cards with contact information would be a waste. The idea is to start a conversation and get her name during the course of the conversation. Next, ask her out, get a date agreement, then collect her phone number. Getting a number without a date agreement in place isn't that beneficial.

Jumbo Gumbo

Banned
Reaction score
Try these:

"how are you? You know the fun books are on the next aisle over right?" She will smile, and you say "ohh yes, the how to find a cute guy at the book store is on Aisle 8". If she likes you she will blush. Start talking about dating. Ask her to join you for a coffee, etc. if she says no ask for her number and call it on the spot so you know its good.

OR

"I was looking for the book Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus....have you read it? You need to know a little about it incase she doesn't. Start a conversation about the book. Women love relationship stuff.

The tone of your voice, facial expressions, and eye contact are always important in delievering your message. This is the nonverbal part of communication that most of you don't get.

Now @Jumbo Gumbo I want you to go to the book store and try this on 3 different girls and report back.

When you don't even know what to say, you don't need to be singling out girls due to your over analyzing what type of girl you might encounter.

And leave your printed cards at home. You'll come across as awkward and she'll think you pass them out to every girl. Why you guys want to put another barrier between you and them is beyond me. Just get the damn number and her name and move forward.

Jumbo Gumbo

Banned
Reaction score
I generally agree with this. Printed cards with contact information would be a waste. The idea is to start a conversation and get her name during the course of the conversation. Next, ask her out, get a date agreement, then collect her phone number. Getting a number without a date agreement in place isn't that beneficial.
The card idea was in a different topic.

Some of you come off as insulting and I’ve placed duke on ignore.

is this forum not for discussing different seduction techniques or is it just a bunch of keyboard “bros” juiced up on testosterone injections?

Jumbo Gumbo

Banned
Reaction score
You all seem to want to argue with suggestions or questions here. What’s up?

Half of this forum is moaning about how cruddy OLD is for men, and how awful modern women are behaving, then when people suggest any constructive ideas around that you act like it’s because I have no experience with anything.

as a new member here, is the majority of this forum messed up on steroids and various “performance enhancements”?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women react to men who take the initiative themselves and lead by being assertive. Handing out printed cards with personal contact information on them is a more passive approach and doesn't work out well. There are also stories on the internet of men doing things similar to that and not having results.

You're doing a very good thing by approaching women in bookstores. It can be a rather challenging venue.

Any suggestions about how to dress or how to behave when browsing bookstores for women? Wear relaxed and casual clean clothes with a European vibe.
Geographically, where are you? I get the sense that you might be in Europe but the name Gumbo suggests Louisiana or the Southern USA.

In the United States, the biggest existing bookstore is Barnes & Noble. I'm not sure that a European vibe would play well in Barnes & Noble today. It's debatable.

Wearing clean clothes that aren't damaged is likely good enough for a Barnes & Noble in the USA.

One goal is to reel her in from the bookshop to a nearby wine bar that happens to be a block from my place. You like that?
It's a solid idea. Are you looking to do that same day (instantaneous date) or set it up for another time? Either can work. It's more difficult to sidetrack a woman and do a 1-2+ hour long instantaneous date off of a bookstore approach. The easiest instantaneous approach in many bookstores is a coffee shop within the store. You could do a coffee shop date off of a bookstore approach if you wanted to. I have mixed feelings about doing that because coffee shop dates aren't good for creating sexual chemistry and escalating. The only upside on that is that it is convenient.

A wine bar is a better venue for first date escalation so you would have that going for you.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
B&N seems sterile. I don’t recall ever having an interesting interaction there. Independent bookstores have been more interesting. In fact I was approached at one not long ago.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have any tips and pointers for meeting women at bookstores and smooth transition into insta-dates?

I am a fan of books and the conversation style of bookworms is cool with me.

As I type this post I also wonder if too many bookworm women are the dreaded politically-correct types (cringe) and that could be part of what we’re up against. But I can always filter out tattoos and other features that define that type.

Oh I also have printed cards with my contact info and design printed on them. These I give to women to ask to text me some other time and I will take her for lunch a drink or something fun

What else am I missing?

Any suggestions for openers?
Get business cards.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

is this forum not for discussing different seduction techniques or is it just a bunch of keyboard “bros” juiced up on testosterone injections?
Hi Jumbo,
You are a tad fragile, if you find any of the responses you have received insulting....You're certainly in for a shock when you go out Cold approaching!...I would say more but it is time for my TRT jab LOL.

Last edited:

Chow Mein

Don Juan
Reaction score

Our generation, ladies and gentlemen. This is your AFC….now get off this site and get laid lol