Buddy's GF wants to open for me/wingwoman -> crash + burn baby burn

TOneThousand

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sup dudes. Was out with a good friend and his new gf the other night. The girlfriend is cool and good looking and kept asking me if I want her to talk to any girls to open them etc. Nothing wrong with a girl trying to help get you laid right? The thing is when she opens them, she's not making conversation she's just saying hi my name is, what's your name, and then bringing me in and telling them "meet my friend". Then she basically bails the f out and I'm making sha-hitty conversation with a group that started out awkward. Yes for sure I could have made better conversation but the weird introduction makes it feel like a GRIND

How do you guys go about this?

My thoughts after the fact...

1) If I were prepared with better material that could work - obviously up to me to be able to roll with awkward introductions and have interesting sh*t ready to go
2) Without good material I'd probably be better off just opening on my own vs having her say "hi nice to meet you, meet my friend"... and then she drops the mic
3) Ideally I'd coach her up before she approaches. Tell her to get them talking about a specific subject, tell her to introduce her boyfriend and then me, how we all know each other. Have her get the three of our crew involved in conversation with the set for a minute before she bails

Hey I still give her props for trying. She's a team player and give her credit for throwing it out there

Keep at it bros!

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Maybe her intentions are good but sounds like she´s doing more harm than good. I havent met many wingwomen in my life that were actually good at it. I dont know if its something that you can "couch" into them, I never tried.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you have 2 choices on how to make improvements.

1) You need to warm up first before meeting up with your wingwoman.
Start off the day by talking to random people. You can just say hello, ask for the time, or ask what time the restaurant closes. You need to chat with 10 or more strangers that day.

2) Learn to approach alone
Warming up throughout the week helps to approach people better and have conversations with them. Having a wingman or wingwoman is really just a crutch in the seduction game.

TOneThousand

Don Juan
Reaction score
@Tilex I hear you on that. Yeah #2 is the way to go. Generally I'm pretty good at starting conversations with strangers/opening people who I'm not "gaming". I have two issues with opening women that I am interested in getting with

First, when girls have their guard up. It feels weird to try to have a fun exchange with a girl and bull**** with her when right out of the gate there's a vibe that she can't be bothered. Feels counterproductive

Second, if there's not something genuine or a little interesting to talk about it feels unnatural and not a lot of fun. That's on me to be more creative to find interesting things. But the idea of complimenting a girl's shoes while her 4 friends are standing in a circle staring at you, ugghh. Obviously an exaggerated example but it happens

I'm going to work on opening more over the weekend. Mainly focusing on getting creative and pretending hot women are the same as any other stranger

Thanks all!