Video on why nightlife is dying

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I think the push towards bottle service/tables has changed the game and scene also. Clubbing was simpler and a lot cheaper back in the day before that took off.

Early 2000s: “I spent $20 on cover, $40 on drinks and pulled a ONS.”

Probably now: “Me and my buddies spent 6 grand on a table, and I got a make out with one chick.” LOL

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@CornbreadFed

I've spoken about this on here quite a few times and with @Solomon and @SW15 in particular.

COVID definitely did a lot of these clubs in for sure and I don't think the nightlife scene ever really recovered from it. I've seen tons of posts/reviews about places in my area complaining about this very thing about things have declined and were "not the same" compared to Pre COVID. From what I've seen, a lot of it seems to relate to the atmosphere and that it's much trashier overall. Fights are far more common from what I've heard, which has lead to a higher police presence.

I think the costs of going to these venues is a huge part of this as well. When your budget starts getting tight, the very first thing that people eliminate is luxury type expenses. As was discussed in the video, drinks are incredibly expensive at clubs and bars and can easily add up. Then you have to factor in things like cover charges, parking or paying for a taxi or uber. I'd wager that the average person in a average city is spending close to $100 for all of this, maybe even well past this.

I think the OLD and overall decline in the dating market is a huge part of it as well. At this point, a lot of young men really aren't doing that well with the opposite sex and kind of checked out, though maybe not realizing it. Instead of chasing women at the club, where they will just get rejected, they'd rather stay home and play video games with their friends and smoke weed or have a couple drinks together, which ties in with costs lol. The club environment is honestly not a great place to meet women, despite what many probably believe, and tons of girls just go there to have fun with their friends and have 0 intention of meeting men. They may even have a mindset where they may feel embarrassed to have met their bf at a bar lol.

I also don't really think Gen Z is really all that into the club or nightlife culture like you would have seen with previous generations. A huge part of this is because they grew up with the internet, social media and other forms of communication. Older generations basically had to go out to interact or meet people, so naturally if you are looking for the opposite sex a club or bar is a way to go about it. I actually could see nightlife really struggling because of these cultural changes and because of the other factors I've mentioned above.

I think the club/party scene that will continue to do well though will be vacation areas. For instance, you could go to Vegas where they have night time pool parties with bars, servers, music, etc. You are not going to find something like this in any other place in the country, maybe Miami is an exception.
Yup you basically touched on all the points and so did most of the people in this thread
-Covid killed the clubs
-Gen-Z is to broke nor interested in nightclub culture
-Social media, cellphones, etc
-Clubs now are more of a ripoff than they have ever been but less fun

I haven't stepped foot in a club in 3 years, I can't remember the last time I was at a bar after midnight. Things have declined a lot, I remember making fun of my roommate in 2010 for staying home and messaging random hoes on POF while watching television. Now this is the reality or norm for most men, stay home on a Saturday night swiping and watching the latest release of Dune lol

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the push towards bottle service/tables has changed the game and scene also. Clubbing was simpler and a lot cheaper back in the day before that took off.

Early 2000s: “I spent $20 on cover, $40 on drinks and pulled a ONS.”

Probably now: “Me and my buddies spent 6 grand on a table, and I got a make out with one chick.” LOL
Do you or @SW15 or @Solomon or anyone know how much it actually costs to do that stupid bottle service stuff? I've noticed that a lot of places now just have these bottle service girls dress in literally lingerie lol, I started noticing this around 2014 but it seems like it's way more of a trend as of late lol.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you or @SW15 or @Solomon or anyone know how much it actually costs to do that stupid bottle service stuff? I've noticed that a lot of places now just have these bottle service girls dress in literally lingerie lol, I started noticing this around 2014 but it seems like it's way more of a trend as of late lol.
Bottle service in my city starts at $300 minium and that's only for 4 people
14 years ago that same bottle was $150

Last time I went to Chicago I went to one of the best clubs in the city at the time known as Club XS (last I heard it's not open anymore) they wanted 10 grand for a table YES FUCCING 10 GRAND FOR A TABLE IN CHICAGO!! or you bringing 4 hot chicks. Luckily the guy I was rolling with at the time was well well-known real-estate agent who had a bit of local clout so we didn't need neither but we didn't get a table either lol

IMO it's not worth it unless you getting in free or getting a good deal, yes some places have hot, hot chicks but now they just want free drinks

Personally I'm to old for clubbing rather meet a trust fund hottie at the local country club

Last edited:

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bottle service in my city starts at $300 minium and that's only for 4 people
14 years ago that same bottle was $150

Last time I went to Chicago I went to one of the best clubs in the city at the time known as Club XS (last I heard it's not open anymore) they wanted to 10 grand for a table YES FUCCING 10 GRAND FOR A TABLE IN CHICAGO!! or you bringing 4 hot chicks. Luckily the guy I was rolling with at the time was well well-known real-estate agent who had a bit of local clout so we didn't need neither but we didn't get a table either lol

IMO it's not worth it unless you getting in free or getting a good deal, yes some places have hot, hot chicks but now they just want free drinks

Personally I'm to old for clubbing rather meet a trust fund hottie at the local country club
That's crazy AF LOL. That's interesting you mention that real estate stuff because in the city/area I'm at that is a huge thing at the very popular clubs out here lol, where all of these "big shots" are real estate guys. A lot of these guys weren't necessarily rich either, they just had a lot of influence and were kind of in this social club of sorts lol.

Someone I knew that grew up out here would tell me a rich man's son would show up to these clubs in a Lambo or some **** like that and use it as like a ticket for the VIP section lmfao, I'm talking specifically Scottsdale.

This club stuff was never my thing but it's wild af to see what people spend on this. Even downing over $100 on just going out, buying drinks, etc. seems ridiculous to me when there are so many other things I can think of to do with my time and money. In my opinion, some of the best things in life are incredibly cheap or even outright free, and this is coming from a guy who has done quite well financially and is very comfortable.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Definitely. As far back as '11 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottle_service , sharp observers were noting what you've described
And it’s more than a cost issue. It creates isolation.

Pre say 2011, clubs had more of their square footage dedicated to “public areas” where you could mingle. Bar areas, couches, large dance floors, and plenty of standing room. You could easily approach most any chick or group of chicks you wanted. Starting conversations (even with the noise) was easy. At most, they had one or two tables that were typically only used for specialty events like a bachelor/bachelorette party or birthday party.

But club owners figured out that one table could bring in WAY more revenue from say 5 or 6 people than traditional cover charges and individual drinks. So the design slowly changed, and more and more of the club’s area was dedicated to tables.

And that threw a monkey wrench in traditional PUA which relied upon open areas where you could easily approach.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And it’s more than a cost issue. It creates isolation.

Pre say 2011, clubs had more of their square footage dedicated to “public areas” where you could mingle. Bar areas, couches, large dance floors, and plenty of standing room. You could easily approach most any chick or group of chicks you wanted. Starting conversations (even with the noise) was easy. At most, they had one or two tables that were typically only used for specialty events like a bachelor/bachelorette party or birthday party.

But club owners figured out that one table could bring in WAY more revenue from say 5 or 6 people than traditional cover charges and individual drinks. So the design slowly changed, and more and more of the club’s area was dedicated to tables.

And that threw a monkey wrench in traditional PUA which relied upon open areas where you could easily approach.
Tech money.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Mike,
What you describe happened here Yonks ago....Open areas like Dance Floors and mingling areas,were taken over by the so called "Sporting Zones",Sad really.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I noticed a decline in nightlife even before Covid, and thought it was a problem unique to my city. But I saw RooshV writing about the same thing as early as 2017 or so, which is about the time I started noticing it, and was really cemented after travelling and moving and seeing how ubiqitous it is (at least in the US). One thing that I haven't seen anyone mention yet, I think the decline of "3rd places" has dropped precipitously in the US, and this extends to nightlife. I'm not sure why or how this has happened, but I will blame cities for continuing suburban sprawl, retarded zoning laws, and gentrification that replaces fun, cheap dive bars with upscale bullshvt that closes at 8pm. And on yet another note, I've also noticed almost all businesses now close very early compared to pre-covid days, especially restaurants, which is ALSO contributing.

---

My friend and I used to go out multiple nights a week in our medium-sized, non-college town city, when we were in our mid 20s, and even on weekday nights the popular downtown areas seemed to be thriving. However, not even a decade later these same places we used to frequent have turned into former shells of themselves that feel empty. I had a similar experience visiting a friend in LA where the nightlife scene had this equally "hollow" feel to it. I was also in Tuscon recently and the bar scene was just a complete clownshow too. I will say, the Broadway scene in Nashville seemed pretty poppin' , but idk how it compares to 20 years ago.

I've noticed the caliber of women has dropped a lot in nightlife scences irrespective of all this; they are completely lacking in class and increasingly tacky and trashy both in their choice of outfits and overall behavior. I've also noticed there seem to be more ghetto blacks, especially of the fat ghetto black women variety (you know the type).

At this point I have completely lost interest in clubbing and bar hopping. I might still enjoy going to a dive bar or weird club but I typically end up chatting with some dude about things that are actually interesting rather than some braindead thot who's entire life story can be summed up as "i'm hot shvt because guys want to fvck me".

I think the millennial and maybe older Gen-Z generation is the last to do nightclubs Honestly Where I live you saw clubs start dying as early as 2007 and the recession slowly started to kill nightlife. The city I'm at had a very robust nightlife scene, so even when it was dying it was still active. I remember

• Monday Industry Nights
  • Tuesday&Wed College nights at college bars
  • Thursday ladies night
  • Fri&Saturday-Prime Nightlife
  • Sunday-HipHop nights

You could go out 5 days a week if you wanted from 2006-20212. Fast forward today a lot of the clubs/bars that were popping in the last 5-10 years have shut down. These type of promo nights haven't been around for over a decade now.

I don't really care for nightlife as I have been burned out on it long ago, 2021 was the last year I went clubbing consistently (VIP bottle service crap) I even clubbed in ATL/Miami that year, it was popping but eerie you could just feel that "hollow" feeling as mentioned especially in ATL it almost felt demonic. I saw a fight of a guy accusing his former girlfriend of giving him an incurable STD it was surreal to witness. I had to get out of that club called a uber and get the heck on home before 1:30 am

I've noticed the caliber of women has dropped a lot in nightlife scences irrespective of all this; they are completely lacking in class and increasingly tacky and trashy both in their choice of outfits and overall behavior. I've also noticed there seem to be more ghetto blacks, especially of the fat ghetto black women variety (you know the type).
The caliber has dropped tremendously!!!
I remember in 2006 It would be normal to see smokeshows just walking down the street. If you wanted to meet hot women (black/Asian/Latina/white) there used to be a mix club called "Karma" In 2007 it turned ghetto overnight with the economy dropping. Imagine seeing a club with gorgeous white girls, Asian girls, Latina, and black girls, the club literally turned ghetto overnight (New Year's day 2007) to see it in real time was nuts. I was 22 at the time and I was confused as to where all the white girls and hot asian girls went I didn't get the memo ha ha.

Now that I'm older I realize other races moved on like Thanos snapping the infinity stone, clubs were still popping during the recession 2007-2012 (however it was not the same as 2006 you could feel the electricity in the city) . Heck there were so many different clubs/bars genres in the city I used to live at, you had "meat markets" that were clubs you could go to find girls that would be for hooking up, if you had tight game and you were her type but those all where phased out by 2012. so those types of clubs have always been around but there were also spots where there were quality black women (and nonblack women like Karma but it closed in the early 2010s due to all the violence). but In 2024 I wouldn't dare step into a mostly black club not being racist as I'm black but to many of them are getting shot up in my city plus I don't care for the low vibrational music, nor the women.

The women used to be the draw but now the women are overweight and not as beautiful. The 2006-2014 had some of the hottest women I've ever seen in my life in bars/clubs I'm talking about girls that looked like blonde Prime Megan Foxeses. Now to see a really hot smokesmow that makes your head turn is rare back in those days you could see 10-20 of them in one place(or even more depending on where you at)!!!! I would say during those years, especially in 2006, the average woman would be the hot woman of today. The caliber of women has dropped I also believe it has something to do with women becoming fatter. In the early 2000s being fat was dealbreaker in nightlife now being fat is the average lol

I think even @sangheilios would agree with me that the average woman back in the early 2000s was far better looking than the average woman of today.

Back in the day women who weren't attractive would go to clubs/bars that were more of their "Looksmatch" yes this was a thing, clubs had their own caste system so to speak. Unattractive women knew that they couldn't compete in some of the higher-end or tier clubs so they would go to these hole-in-the-wall or ghetto clubs/bars, because in the top tier clubs the hottest women got all the attention or the bars/clubs wouldn't let the ugly fat women in as they were strict on their dress code. By 2014 the dress code basically disappeared for women but they were doubling down on men. Now hot women seldom go and because of that ugly women who couldn't get into those top places are now mingling with the 1-4 smokeshows that are there

IMO going to clubs in 2024 for most men is a waste of time, Everyone knows even back in the day you don't go to the clubs to look for girlfriends Even though the quality of woman in the clubs in 2006 was far superior than it is today! I'll take it a step further in 2024 I don't even recommend looking for hooks ups at the club it's that bad, you're better of paying a premium for 3 swiping apps and swipe like a madman on saturday night then waste your time and money trying to meet a thot at the club just for a smittyash

Last time I went to the clubs this is what I saw, people in groups on their phones, the clubs now want you to buy bottles or they won't let you in. The women go with their boyfriends or social circle the era of "Meat Markets" is long gone. The hot smoke shows that are single looking for men aren't going clubbing like that and if they do usually they already have a boyfriend or husband or Sugar Daddy paying for her lifestyle

To this post on a positive note!

I do think 3rd spaces will come back but it most likely won't be clubs it's probably going to be the VR world and going to look like ReadyPlayerOne I also see people searching out in person meetings/hangouts etc it's slowly happening now with the recent virality of single men and single women attending running clubs in droves

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the millennial and maybe older Gen-Z generation is the last to do nightclubs Honestly Where I live you saw clubs start dying as early as 2007 and the recession slowly started to kill nightlife. The city I'm at had a very robust nightlife scene, so even when it was dying it was still active. I remember
  • Monday Industry Nights
  • Tuesday&Wed College nights at college bars
  • Thursday ladies night
  • Fri&Saturday-Prime Nightlife
  • Sunday-HipHop nights
You could go out 5 days a week if you wanted from 2006-2012.
I think Millennials will be the last generation for a while to partake in nightlife to a great extent.

Swipe apps greatly put a dent into nightlife in the 2010s, with later Millennials (1990-1996 births) favoring them. Early Gen Z (1997-2003 births) is even less oriented to going out to nightlife venues. Both late Millennials and Gen Z want to swipe on their phones or send DMs on Instagram.

I remember those theme nights. Ladies Night has been the biggest loss. By the 2000s, they were already on the way out due to political correctness and that hasn't changed since the 2000s.

I don't really care for nightlife as I have been burned out on it long ago,
In the 2000s and early 2010s, I was a primarily nightlife guy. I started with off campus college parties at 18 in 2001 and then became a nightlife venue person once turning 21 in 2004. By the early 2010s, I was feeling burned out on nightlife venues and was ready to make a change. I read Roosh's Day Bang soon after it was published in 2011 and then changed to become a primarily non-bar approacher. This was a better fit for my introverted personality.

Even after becoming a mostly non-bar approacher, there were still times I did nightlife approaching.

clubs were still popping during the recession 2007-2012 (however it was not the same as 2006 you could feel the electricity in the city) .
That's how I remember it.

Back in the day women who weren't attractive would go to clubs/bars that were more of their "Looksmatch" yes this was a thing, clubs had their own caste system so to speak. Unattractive women knew that they couldn't compete in some of the higher-end or tier clubs so they would go to these hole-in-the-wall or ghetto clubs/bars, because in the top tier clubs the hottest women got all the attention or the bars/clubs wouldn't let the ugly fat women in as they were strict on their dress code. By 2014 the dress code basically disappeared for women but they were doubling down on men. Now hot women seldom go and because of that ugly women who couldn't get into those top places are now mingling with the 1-4 smokeshows that are there
All true, both for regular bar and pure nightclubs of that era (mid-2000s to mid-2010s)

The women used to be the draw but now the women are overweight and not as beautiful. The 2006-2014 had some of the hottest women I've ever seen in my life in bars/clubs I'm talking about girls that looked like blonde Prime Megan Foxeses. Now to see a really hot smokesmow that makes your head turn is rare back in those days you could see 10-20 of them in one place(or even more depending on where you at)!!!!
Yes

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in 2002 when I started going out… literally every social human in my area would flock to the downtown bars in my area. I remember waiting in lines to get in…. This was every bar in my area….. you couldn’t move… 1130pm was the witching hour. All the girls would pre game and come rolling in…. Music was blaring… you could barely get a drink…

it was like ping pong… going from girl to girl… getting numbers….

then 2014 or so we all started noticing things were really dying down. After 2020…. The bars are rarely even open past 930pm anymore.

I am very grateful I lived thru those golden years

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Let's not overlook the more obvious explanation for this phenomena: One needs a few bucks in his or her pocket to enjoy the fruits of civilization, and currently, less than 50% of Americans are employed full-time https://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/why-are-prime-age-adults-opting-out-of-work/

Just as as many young women have fallen for the lie that taking their clothes off on Instagram or OnlyFans is a path to instant wealth, entirely too many guys have allowed themselves to be hoodwinked by their favorite Manosphere content creators: "Drop out of Normie Society, and play Call Of Duty on YouTube. You'll get rich off of donations. Giving up on life, because it's tough out there sometimes = Going your own way"

Nightlife won't be the only industry to start dying off, as long as fewer and fewer Americans acquire the skills to attain upward mobility in the service based economy we now exist in

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@CornbreadFed

I've spoken about this on here quite a few times and with @Solomon and @SW15 in particular.
At this point, a lot of young men really aren't doing that well with the opposite sex and kind of checked out, though maybe not realizing it. Instead of chasing women at the club, where they will just get rejected, they'd rather stay home and play video games with their friends and smoke weed or have a couple drinks together, which ties in with costs lol. The club environment is honestly not a great place to meet women, despite what many probably believe, and tons of girls just go there to have fun with their friends and have 0 intention of meeting men. They may even have a mindset where they may feel embarrassed to have met their bf at a bar lol.
Yes, such men could take a few sexpat trips out of the country and get more action than with their local chicks - or maybe a visit to the strip club to get "happy ending" lap dances, etc.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in 2002 when I started going out… literally every social human in my area would flock to the downtown bars in my area. I remember waiting in lines to get in…. This was every bar in my area….. you couldn’t move… 1130pm was the witching hour. All the girls would pre game and come rolling in…. Music was blaring… you could barely get a drink…

it was like ping pong… going from girl to girl… getting numbers….

then 2014 or so we all started noticing things were really dying down. After 2020…. The bars are rarely even open past 930pm anymore.

I am very grateful I lived thru those golden years
I must have been playing badminton, as I had horrible luck in such clubs, at least in the USA. :mad:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's not overlook the more obvious explanation for this phenomena: One needs a few bucks in his or her pocket to enjoy the fruits of civilization, and currently, less than 50% of Americans are employed full-time https://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/why-are-prime-age-adults-opting-out-of-work/

Just as as many young women have fallen for the lie that taking their clothes off on Instagram or OnlyFans is a path to instant wealth, entirely too many guys have allowed themselves to be hoodwinked by their favorite Manosphere content creators: "Drop out of Normie Society, and play Call Of Duty on YouTube. You'll get rich off of donations. Giving up on life, because it's tough out there sometimes = Going your own way"

Nightlife won't be the only industry to start dying off, as long as fewer and fewer Americans acquire the skills to attain upward mobility in the service based economy we now exist in
I think this meme is called "drizzle-drizzle". The elasticity for women's desire as a function of men's provisioning ability is very low these days - i.e., almost all lower-tier man cannot CareerMax to become desirable to a desirable woman, and a Chad can still get such desirable women without CareerMaxxing. Men have figured out that there is a certain level of woman that will sex him regardless of his career, and with little ability to get into a higher tier.

It's OVER for OrganizationManCels.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The niece mainly drinks with her friends and only ever at house parties.

Again, she gets laid, but it's always always with through social circle or occasional online dating.
Women NEVER have a problem getting laid. :rolleyes:

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
I think this meme is called "drizzle-drizzle". The elasticity for women's desire as a function of men's provisioning ability is very low these days - i.e., almost all lower-tier man cannot CareerMax to become desirable to a desirable woman, and a Chad can still get such desirable women without CareerMaxxing. Men have figured out that there is a certain level of woman that will sex him regardless of his career, and with little ability to get into a higher tier.

It's OVER for OrganizationManCels.
As we've discussed on this thread and elsewhere: A man pursues The Good Life for himself first and foremost, not because of the "elasticity of women's desire". Attaining upper middle class status-all points above insulates him from many of the ills which disproportionately affect men who occupy the lower rungs of the socioeconmic ladder

University degrees aren't the only way to achieve this either. The skilled trades https://www.register-herald.com/new...cle_6e6ba7e2-2805-11ef-bfc9-7feede83abeb.html are a reliable means of entry into the upper income brackets, especially for guys who start their own operations