Advice on a situation I'm probably overthinking

Bigrig

Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking to get some opinions/reassurance here. Went on a first date Friday night and we hit it off. It was getting very hot and heavy but she had to leave for work, which was mentioned before the date was arranged. I was with her right until she started work including when she changed to her uniform.

Texting her she brought up the second date. When I ask when she's free she just asked me when suits me. I give her some options and she's just said she has work both of these evenings same time as on Friday.

Wondering - is she playing hard to get, subtly suggesting she'd rather a full free evening, mixed signals?

My current plan was to call her to suss things out. Be direct that I'm keen to see her and suggest we go earlier in the evening. I think I could convince her to drive me home and come in before work (when I ubered home she said she would've given me a lift). Or should I push it back, I feel impatient and am honestly keen af to see her again.

Thoughts?

sharkfinale

Don Juan
Reaction score
She probably has work and may be she does not want to go to work after meeting, "getting very hot and heavy". Just ask when her off day is. Set up something closer to your home or in your home.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was getting very hot and heavy but she had to leave for work, which was mentioned before the date was arranged...

Thoughts?
She doesn't share your assessment about any of this being "hot and heavy"

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her, if she doesn’t answer leave a message and just say call me back trying to set something up with you had a great time the outer night and hope your well. Then you say okay what day works for you and and then she either answers or she doesn’t and you get you answer either way lol. And stop texting her until you call and then don’t text her again after you set the date. Texting kills. All the fvck boys do it. Be different. She’s also going to show 2-3 of her friends screenshots of your text and you’re going to get called thirsty which is bad. lol .

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, define what "hot and heavy" was. If it was only a makeout session, you've lost leverage and she has the upper hand. But if you at least got to feel her up and suck on some boobage, then that's an act of investment on her part and at the very least, you have more leverage. Needless to say, the more leverage you have the more aggressive you can be.

So, did you at least get to 2nd base? And if so, did you get to 3rd?

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take a play out of @Glassguy s playbook. What he does in a situation like yours is he says this:

"Cool. Hit me up when you are free."

Then say nothing. I mean NOTHING. Radio silence. The above text is IMPOSSIBLE to misread, expresses interest in getting together, and unwillingness to quadruple text or otherwise look silly.

If she shows it to her friends they will tell her to reach out to you if she likes you. If you NEVER hear back? She either wasn't interested, has another guy she's talking to, or is whack immature/insecure or some combination thereof.

You go quiet and wait to see what she does. If she likes you she will catch a clue and reach out. And for now you quit worrying about it and focus on meeting new women. She's left behind if she can't make it easy for you. Ain't nobody got time for dat!

Dean Gladwyn

Don Juan
Reaction score
just message her saying right lets get this date arranged - when are you free?

I wouldn't push too much, judt stay chilled and don't allow your eagerness to cause yourself to say something needy or pushy

Glassguy

Reaction score
Take a play out of @Glassguy s playbook. What he does in a situation like yours is he says this:

"Cool. Hit me up when you are free."

Then say nothing. I mean NOTHING. Radio silence. The above text is IMPOSSIBLE to misread, expresses interest in getting together, and unwillingness to quadruple text or otherwise look silly.

If she shows it to her friends they will tell her to reach out to you if she likes you. If you NEVER hear back? She either wasn't interested, has another guy she's talking to, or is whack immature/insecure or some combination thereof.

You go quiet and wait to see what she does. If she likes you she will catch a clue and reach out. And for now you quit worrying about it and focus on meeting new women. She's left behind if she can't make it easy for you. Ain't nobody got time for dat!
Lots of women will quickly catch back up after that. Some won't. But the silence says that you're interested, but not going to break your neck as you have other options that make it easy.
It's a IDGAF approach. Gets their wheels spinning.
And there are probably several I never heard back from. But I didn't waste my time on them either.
It's clear and concise. Any woman not mentally slow will quickly get the memo