Harridan fears becoming "invisible"

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She could always get herself a funny hat if she wants to get noticed.

1718924206355.png

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aging isn't for the weak of heart. Anyway, who wants to be invisible? If I were her, first thing I would do is dye my hair - women with gray hair are not as appealing as men with gray hair, because men love signs of youth and fertility.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aging isn't for the weak of heart. Anyway, who wants to be invisible? If I were her, first thing I would do is dye my hair - women with gray hair are not as appealing as men with gray hair, because men love signs of youth and fertility.
What is she going to do about all her wrinkles?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is she going to do about all her wrinkles?
There are things she could do to improve them, but just as a baseline she's always going to look older. It's just a question of looksmaxxing. She's never going to get the attention she did when she was younger, but she can try to look the best she can. What else can one do?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
OP, it seems like you love the word harridan. You describe many women as such, but it doesn't often fit.

A harridan is a colloquial term for a woman who is considered to be overly aggressive, loud-mouthed, or difficult to deal with. The term is often used to describe someone who is perceived as unreasonable, quarrelsome, or argumentative.

The word "harridan" has its roots in the 17th-century French term "harridan," which referred to a woman who was considered loud-mouthed and aggressive. Over time, the term evolved to encompass a broader range of negative traits, including overly critical, demanding, or aggressive.

In modern usage, the term "harridan" is often used derogatorily to describe someone who is perceived as difficult to get along with or overly opinionated. However, it's worth noting that the term can also be used more neutrally or affectionately to describe someone passionate and outspoken.

Example sentence: "She's such a harridan when she doesn't get her way – always yelling and carrying on!"

Synonyms for "harridan" might include words like "scold," "shrew," or "termagant."

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
What Harridan? I dont see anyone there. Must be the wind making noises

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, it seems like you love the word harridan. You describe many women as such, but it doesn't often fit.

A harridan is a colloquial term for a woman who is considered to be overly aggressive, loud-mouthed, or difficult to deal with. The term is often used to describe someone who is perceived as unreasonable, quarrelsome, or argumentative.

The word "harridan" has its roots in the 17th-century French term "harridan," which referred to a woman who was considered loud-mouthed and aggressive. Over time, the term evolved to encompass a broader range of negative traits, including overly critical, demanding, or aggressive.

In modern usage, the term "harridan" is often used derogatorily to describe someone who is perceived as difficult to get along with or overly opinionated. However, it's worth noting that the term can also be used more neutrally or affectionately to describe someone passionate and outspoken.

Example sentence: "She's such a harridan when she doesn't get her way – always yelling and carrying on!"

Synonyms for "harridan" might include words like "scold," "shrew," or "termagant."
I've always thought that "harridan" refers to an obviously older woman. :)

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

To me, a shrew is a decidedly young woman with a bad attitude (because man will put up with such an attitude in a young woman. :rolleyes: )

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the word harridan.
I learned the word harridan from @MatureDJ . I had never heard that word before @MatureDJ .

men love signs of youth and fertility.
Yes, we do.

She's never going to get the attention she did when she was younger, but she can try to look the best she can. What else can one do?
I have heard some stories about women 50+ getting a lot of attention on Match and OurTime and even the swipe apps.

who wants to be invisible?
No one wants that feeling. I think men feel the feelings of invisibility more than women. Women don't tend to feel these feelings until later in life. Some women online report feeling it in their 30s, but I think it's more common for women to feel it at 45+ (around menopause and beyond). Men can feel invisible early in life, often prior to age 25.

For men, it's easy to feel invisible on a swipe app because men lower than the 90th percentile tend to get very few matches and in-app inbox messages.

Men can also feel invisible if they aren't getting many Indicators of Interest (IOIs) in their day-to-day lives at any age. Many men (even men who aren't Manosphere, red pill, or major seduction content consumers) know what the key IOIs are. The concept of the IOI is even a thing in more blue pill types circles too. There are plenty of men who get zero IOIs in life and many of them are younger. This can happen in college classes and even at bars.

When men age into their 30s/40s, they often have fewer male connections who are able to accompany them to bars for nightgame. This reduces their exposure to the opposite sex and the opportunities to even get IOIs. This can make men feel invisible. If a 30s/40s man isn't doing nightgame, he might do some daygame. He might not even be getting IOIs in daygame. This combination can make a man feel invisible too.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When men age into their 30s/40s, they often have fewer male connections who are able to accompany them to bars for nightgame. This reduces their exposure to the opposite sex and the opportunities to even get IOIs.
As I've gotten older, I've gradually but completely lost interest in alcohol, bars, and nightclubs. So it isn't just a matter of having fewer male connections, although your point is valid. A lot of guys stick with that stuff, and great for them. But a lot of guys move past it, because they just don't find it that interesting.

Anyway, I like to cook, so I often go shopping on my own, and I notice that's when I get a lot of IOIs, or at least give a glance, and women will even come up and interact with me. And I might go up and interact with them, it's all very organic. Some will blatantly flirt with me, but I am suspicious of such women for whatever reason. I think if they see a guy on his own, the wheels start turning. I have a girlfriend so I'm not looking to parlay any of that into something, but I can see the potential would be there for some "day game" I guess you would call it.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I've gotten older, I've gradually but completely lost interest in alcohol, bars, and nightclubs. So it isn't just a matter of having fewer male connections, although your point is valid. A lot of guys stick with that stuff, and great for them. But a lot of guys move past it, because they just don't find it that interesting.

Anyway, I like to cook, so I often go shopping on my own, and I notice that's when I get a lot of IOIs, or at least give a glance, and women will even come up and interact with me
Damned straight. Since my mid-20s I've also found grocery stores to be superb places to meet some of the coolest chicks on the planet, ever since learning about this from guys like Doc Love and David DeAngelo, during the days of Pre-Woke Askmen. They're inevitably of a higher caliber than the vapid skanks who too often lurk around night clubs

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway, I like to cook, so I often go shopping on my own, and I notice that's when I get a lot of IOIs, or at least give a glance, and women will even come up and interact with me. And I might go up and interact with them, it's all very organic. Some will blatantly flirt with me, but I am suspicious of such women for whatever reason. I think if they see a guy on his own, the wheels start turning. I have a girlfriend so I'm not looking to parlay any of that into something, but I can see the potential would be there for some "day game" I guess you would call it.
This is what I notice as well.
Like you, I already have lovers, so I don't radiate the urgent vibe the incessant skirt-chasers have. I don't plan anything, but I enjoy playing with new women and I don't need to chase anyone, they find me interesting and initiate conversations to 'check me out'. I don't do day game or street game, but women strike up conversations with me everywhere, and I don't seem to be on the hunt just having friendly conversations with women that come up to me instead of me approaching them.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't plan anything, but I enjoy playing with new women and I don't need to chase anyone
Here's another example: Sometimes I'll offer to help get a girl something off the high shelf if they seem to be having trouble. I honestly think the thing I enjoy most about these interactions is that I'm not looking to get anything out of it.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes I'll offer to help get a girl something off the high shelf if they seem to be having trouble.
I've seen women skimming right over several tall enough men in order to ask me to fetch them something out of their reach. I think there are quite a lot of 'helpless' women who are only playing at 'damsel in distress', even if only to see which men offer their help.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen women skimming right over several tall enough men in order to ask me to fetch them something out of their reach. I think there are quite a lot of 'helpless' women who are only playing at 'damsel in distress', even if only to see which men offer their help.
Interesting. I forgot to mention that a few years ago on this forum, helping out like that would get you called a "Captain Save-a-Ho" lol.
I haven't heard that expression recently, not sure why.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. I forgot to mention that a few years ago on this forum, helping out like that would get you called a "Captain Save-a-Ho" lol.
I don't think that expression was for helping a woman in the supermarket to take an item from the top shelf ( I think ignorant incels may call that 'simping'), but more for the guys who waylaid seducers by acting like a white knight saving a damsel in distress.

I haven't heard that expression recently, not sure why.
Probably because most of the people being derisive about the saviour complex type of people are like closet homosexuals bashing gays; the moment they think they might score some pussie by 'saving a hoe' they start sucking up to women.

Last edited: