Dubai info

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm kinda attracted from that low taxation sunny weather combo there.

Awfully I have no one that can provide me info about the cost of living and the bureaucracy needed to get residenship there (not citizenship).

Wondering if anyone is familiar with that or knows some decent source to get info about it.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dubai is a $hithole, do your research and don't fall for the hype, influencers promoting dubai are getting paid to do it.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dubai is a painted prostitute. Looks good from a distance only.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only care about taxes on financial activities, dont care about life style, magic and so on.

If I can skip the rain and the ice it's a plus.

I noticed that all united arab emirates have no tax on capital gain.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'm kinda attracted from that low taxation sunny weather combo there.

Awfully I have no one that can provide me info about the cost of living and the bureaucracy needed to get residenship there (not citizenship).

Wondering if anyone is familiar with that or knows some decent source to get info about it.
I know an American who lived in Dubai for several years. Said it was a great place to earn a lot of money quickly but any foreigners goal should be to get in and out within a few years with a bunch of money and not to stay there long-term.

For many reasons...

Their laws are different and foreign to most Western cultures in a lot of ways. If you go into debt there you literally go to jail. And they are not talking about getting arrested and get out on bail like the US. They are talking about go to jail and sit there until you pay the debt off.

Doing some very innocuous things there can lead to very big issues for you and they don't care if you don't know their laws.

Basically you will be walking on eggshells there because at any moment you could get in trouble for random things that wouldn't be any big deal here.

He said he enjoyed his time there but would never go back. Do what you will with this info.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Stop making $hit up. How is this person will able to pay off the debt if he's in jail unable to work? Easy with the drugs there my friend.

Speak less, read more. Better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think you are ignorant than to open it and prove them right.

"If a debtor is sentenced to jail for not paying their debts, they are released after 30 days to arrange payment. If they are unable to pay, the creditor can file a civil case and the debtor may be sent back to jail until the debt is paid. Creditors can also apply to civil courts to impose travel bans on debtors with outstanding debts over 10,000 Emirati dirhams ($2,700). If a judge believes the debtor can pay or may try to flee the country, they can order the debtor's detention for up to a month, which can be extended to 36 months."