Do you think concert ticket sales have collapsed because men don't want to ConcertMax chicks anymore?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most men realized that most social events and place no longer (or never begin with) provide chances to get women wheter long or short term unless they reach a certain LMS threeshold.

Once you remove men from clubs, dating events, concerts, bars and so on, you basically take away most of the money flow since women dont usually go out ready and willing to spend hugh amounts of money.

In my experience not a single girl bought two tickets for places for herself and her man.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you'd seen ticket prices for Taylor Swift, you don't want to date a Swiftie.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The real answer to this is that "It's Complicated".

I don't think that most concerts (especially big name tour shows, the foal point of this article) are a very good way to meet new women. Additionally, most big name tour shows are not good early stage date options. The market for big name tour shows would be mainly established couples (married and non-married).

I think there are other reasons outside of the mating environment as to why there are issues with ticket sales for touring at larger arenas/stadiums. I would say that inflation is the biggest reasons, which is a macroeconomic reason.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you'd seen ticket prices for Taylor Swift, you don't want to date a Swiftie.
I haven't seen ticket prices for Taylor Swift.

I know that the majority of Taylor Swift fans are female.

Are the women who an afford Taylor Swift concert tickets Boss Girls with good white collar jobs? These would be careerist women who are less desirable longer term girlfriends.

When I think about who might attend a Taylor Swift concert, there are also likely some established couples going to it. That would be the primary way that a male would show up at a Taylor Swift concert.

Unattached males, even unattached beta males, are going to go to a Taylor Swift concert on the off chance they would meet a woman there and arrange a first date for a future night.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't seen ticket prices for Taylor Swift.

I know that the majority of Taylor Swift fans are female.

Are the women who an afford Taylor Swift concert tickets Boss Girls with good white collar jobs? These would be careerist women who are less desirable longer term girlfriends.
Most Swifties are young, like teenagers, whose parents have to shell out 900+ euro for a ticket. If you want to get close to the main stage, you will have to shell out about 1200 per ticket.

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Most men realized that most social events and place no longer (or never begin with) provide chances to get women wheter long or short term unless they reach a certain LMS threeshold.

Once you remove men from clubs, dating events, concerts, bars and so on, you basically take away most of the money flow since women dont usually go out ready and willing to spend hugh amounts of money.

In my experience not a single girl bought two tickets for places for herself and her man.
It's all a joke, man. Especially online dating

But people are so starved for real world attention these days. Anyone that knows how to speak 'in person' could clean up.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most Swifties are young, like teenagers, whose parents have to shell out 900+ euro for a ticket. If you want to get close to the main stage, you will have to shell out about 1200 per ticket.
I remember seeing Steve Miller in 1998 in his hometown Dallas (the Fair Park Ampitheatre), and I paid $30 from a guy outside to sit in the 2nd row.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember seeing Steve Miller in 1998 in his hometown Dallas (the Fair Park Ampitheatre), and I paid $30 from a guy outside to sit in the 2nd row.
Steve Miller in 1998 is not comparable to Taylor Swift in 2024.

Let's first compare the artists themselves.

Steve Miller himself was born in 1943 and formed the Steve Miller Band in 1966. In 1998, Steve Miller was 54-55. His fellow band members would have also been around that age. Taylor Swift was born in December 1989 and is 34 for most of 2024. Swift was a bit of a child prodigy. RCA Records gave her an artist development deal in 2003 at age 13. She left RCA in 2004 at age 15 and then signed with the newly formed Big Machine Records at age 15 in 2005 (she stayed with Big Machine until 2018). Swift's first recording was released in October 2006, two months before she turned 17.

Steve Miller in 1998 was not popular with the younger, cooler demographic of 1998. A Steve Miller concert in 1998 would have been mainly middle aged, uncool Boomer parents. The median age of an attendee of that 1998 concert likely would have been late 40s. In 1998, @MatureDJ would have been early 30s as he is an early Generation X'er. That concert itself would have been bad for seduction for @MatureDJ unless he wanted to have sex with some mid to late 40s Boomer divorcee with 1-3 Millennial teen or tween children. This was likely not the most common attendee at that show in 1998. I think a Steve Miller concert in 1998 would have been a bit of a Boomer sausage fest. It would have been mainly Boomer male friend groups going and some middle aged Boomer married couples.

I have some research on Taylor Swift fans (aka Swifties) from some links below. A Swiftie at this point is likely a Millennial female (often unmarried) who possesses a liberal political ideology. There would be a lot of women with bachelor's degrees and white collar jobs in that grouping. In 2024, let's say that is mid-20s to late 30s women (mid-1980s to late 1990s births). Girl Boss childless Millennial females that have been riding the penis carousel have a decent chance of being able to afford concert tickets to an Eras Tour concert. However, I think @AmsterdamAssassin has a good point that a lot of Gen Z teens/early 20s females are going to Eras shows while their Generation X parents are footing the bill for it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TaylorSwift/comments/177ayqt
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swifties#Demographics

As a Dallas resident, I am familiar with Dos Equis Pavilion (originally called Fair Park Amphitheater while being built in the 1980s, but has operated under numerous names since it opened in 1988). $30 in 1998 is roughly equivalent to $55-$60. Most Taylor Swift tickets on the 2023-2024 Eras tour have been pried higher than $55-60. Taylor Swift played in Dallas at AT&T Stadium, which is much larger than Dos Equis Pavilion. Dos Equis has a capacity of 20,000, but much of the seating is general access lawn seating. I have some visuals below to give people a sense of Dos Equis Pavilion. When Taylor Swift played 3 consecutive nights at AT&T Stadium in 2023, her average attendance per show was 70,200. Even if the 1998 Steve Miller show at Dos Equis sold out, a Taylor Swift AT&T Stadium concert had 3.5x more attendees.

If you want to try to seduce women at a Dos Equis Pavilion show, the best places to do it are on the lawn before the show, or in the general gathering areas and concession areas outside the lawn/pavilion seating areas. I have written up Dos Equis Pavilion on the "Observations on Dallas' Scene" if anyone wants to know more about trying to seduce there or have a good time with a date there.

Last edited:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Steve Miller in 1998 is not comparable to Taylor Swift in 2024.

Let's first compare the artists themselves.

Steve Miller himself was born in 1943 and formed the Steve Miller Band in 1966. In 1998, Steve Miller was 54-55. His fellow band members would have also been around that age. Taylor Swift was born in December 1989 and is 34 for most of 2024. Swift was a bit of a child prodigy. RCA Records gave her an artist development deal in 2003 at age 13. She left RCA in 2004 at age 15 and then signed with the newly formed Big Machine Records at age 15 in 2005 (she stayed with Big Machine until 2018). Swift's first recording was released in October 2006, two months before she turned 17.

Steve Miller in 1998 was not popular with the younger, cooler demographic of 1998. A Steve Miller concert in 1998 would have been mainly middle aged, uncool Boomer parents. The median age of an attendee of that 1998 concert likely would have been late 40s. In 1998, @MatureDJ would have been early 30s as he is an early Generation X'er. That concert itself would have been bad for seduction for @MatureDJ unless he wanted to have sex with some mid to late 40s Boomer divorcee with 1-3 Millennial teen or tween children. This was likely not the most common attendee at that show in 1998. I think a Steve Miller concert in 1998 would have been a bit of a Boomer sausage fest. It would have been mainly Boomer male friend groups going and some middle aged Boomer married couples.

I have some research on Taylor Swift fans (aka Swifties) from some links below. A Swiftie at this point is likely a Millennial female (often unmarried) who possesses a liberal political ideology. There would be a lot of women with bachelor's degrees and white collar jobs in that grouping. In 2024, let's say that is mid-20s to late 30s women (mid-1980s to late 1990s births). Girl Boss childless Millennial females that have been riding the penis carousel have a decent chance of being able to afford concert tickets to an Eras Tour concert. However, I think @AmsterdamAssassin has a good point that a lot of Gen Z teens/early 20s females are going to Eras shows while their Generation X parents are footing the bill for it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TaylorSwift/comments/177ayqt
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swifties#Demographics

As a Dallas resident, I am familiar with Dos Equis Pavilion (originally called Fair Park Amphitheater while being built in the 1980s, but has operated under numerous names since it opened in 1988). $30 in 1998 is roughly equivalent to $55-$60. Most Taylor Swift tickets on the 2023-2024 Eras tour have been pried higher than $55-60. Taylor Swift played in Dallas at AT&T Stadium, which is much larger than Dos Equis Pavilion. Dos Equis has a capacity of 20,000, but much of the seating is general access lawn seating. I have some visuals below to give people a sense of Dos Equis Pavilion. When Taylor Swift played 3 consecutive nights at AT&T Stadium in 2023, her average attendance per show was 70,200. Even if the 1998 Steve Miller show at Dos Equis sold out, a Taylor Swift AT&T Stadium concert had 3.5x more attendees.

If you want to try to seduce women at a Dos Equis Pavilion show, the best places to do it are on the lawn before the show, or in the general gathering areas and concession areas outside the lawn/pavilion seating areas. I have written up Dos Equis Pavilion on the "Observations on Dallas' Scene" if anyone wants to know more about trying to seduce there or have a good time with a date there.

LOL, I didn't go the concert to seduce; I went to the show to enjoy an artist that I like. I also got to see Yes that summer in Big D.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL, I didn't go the concert to seduce; I went to the show to enjoy an artist that I like. I also got to see Yes that summer in Big D.
I believe it. It would have been very difficult to seduce at a Steve Miller Band concert in 1998.

It seems like you spent some time in Dallas in the late 1990s. Feel free to comment on the Dallas Scene thread. I don't recall see many comments from you on the Dallas Scene thread. Many things have changed in Dallas from the late 1990s as compared to the 2010s-2020s in Dallas. There have even been some substantial changes in Dallas since I arrived in the early 2010s.

You spent a portion of calendar year 2002 in Phoenix and that inspired some comments from you on the Phoenix Scene thread.

I went to a show of a Taylor Swift cover band once because I thought I would be able to make approaches there and find some dates. It made sense to me because I thought Taylor Swift's fanbase was Millennial/older Gen Z females. I thought I would be able find good ratios and many receptive Swiftie types at the Taylor Swift cover band show.

The Taylor Swift cover band show was a truly disappointing experience. It must have been marketed very oddly online somewhere because so many families with young children showed up. I was never able to figure out why the attendee base was so bad. There were some females with their boyfriends. There were not a lot of attractive under 21-32 year old female groups of 2-3 attending. The demographic profile in the last sentence was who I was looking for at the Swift cover band show. The venue was an outdoor venue that has been used over time as a lawn for concerts and other semi-large events. It was a free show with vendor booths. There were not a lot of younger single women there. I didn't even stay for the whole show because of how bad the attendee base was for this show. I didn't spend any money to go to it, but it was a waste of my time.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like you spent some time in Dallas in the late 1990s. Feel free to comment on the Dallas Scene thread.
I felt like it so OVER for me then & there that I StripClubMaxxed. :mad:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think that most concerts (especially big name tour shows, the focal point of this article) are a very good way to meet new women. Additionally, most big name tour shows are not good early stage date options.
I went to a show of a Taylor Swift cover band once because I thought I would be able to make approaches there and find some dates. It made sense to me because I thought Taylor Swift's fanbase was Millennial/older Gen Z females. I thought I would be able find good ratios and many receptive Swiftie types at the Taylor Swift cover band show.

The Taylor Swift cover band show was a truly disappointing experience.
I did learn that concerts were not a good way to meet potential dates in part through the Taylor Swift cover band experience. It was good for me that the Taylor Swift cover band show was a $0 event. I'm sure plenty of men have been to concerts and had hoped to seduce through them.

In thinking about the other live music performances I've attended over the years, I had rarely gone into them thinking about seduction. The other concerts were either events with male friends or something I attended with an established girlfriend.

I don't think it is a good idea for men to think about seduction when thinking about going to live music events, especially live music events from bigger name performers with more expensive ticket prices.

The fact that live music isn't good for seduction might mean that fewer mean would want to spend time going to live music events. If men are getting thirstier (which they are), then it would make sense that men would be more focused on sexual options. Men aren't seeing as much value in live music since more of them need to spend more of their free time searching for sexual options.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Concert ticket sales collapsed because concert tickets became unaffordable to the average person. There's no big mystery here.
Surprised it took this many posts for anyone to recognize as much. Give Ticketmaster some f-cking competition at long last, and tickets may just get a little cheaper

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to 20-30 concerts per year in all different size venues. Right after things opened back up after COVID, tickets were pretty cheap. As people started to get back out prices shot up quickly. I haven't noticed them come down.

What I see going on is the ticket sellers own many of the venues controlling pricing. Lots of games getting played with tickets to drive up price for online resellers. Too many middle men trying to get their cut.

The market will adjust. If people can't afford a ticket, they will stay home. If a touring act can't fill a big venue they will play smaller venues.
The frenzy over getting back out after COVID is definitely over. Those prices weren't sustainable and that's probably what we are seeing.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When some of the biggest names touring out there are 90 year old dinosaurs like the Rolling Stones and REO Speedwagon, this is no wonder.

I mean FFS @MatureDJ, STEVE MILLER IS STILL TOURING

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to 20-30 concerts per year in all different size venues
At the risk of asking a rhetorical question: Are these "Name"/Fairly "Name" artists, or more niche/Indie acts? It's tough to imagine the market adjusting for stadium and arena concerts, as long as Ticket Master is the lone provider of admission. Without competition, they can compell fans to hand over their vital organs, in exchange for seeing a performer they enjoy live

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When some of the biggest names touring out there are 90 year old dinosaurs like the Rolling Stones and REO Speedwagon, this is no wonder.

I mean FFS @MatureDJ, STEVE MILLER IS STILL TOURING
Goes to a larger peculiarity, that's been noted by many observers of contemporary music

0:00-3:25

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At the risk of asking a rhetorical question: Are these "Name"/Fairly "Name" artists, or more niche/Indie acts? It's tough to imagine the market adjusting for stadium and arena concerts, as long as Ticket Master is the lone provider of admission. Without competition, they can compell fans to hand over their vital organs, in exchange for seeing a performer they enjoy live
Mostly mainstream acts. Country and Rock. Stuff you hear on the radio every day.