What are these gals independent of?

CaptFinnBad

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard someone say it. I asked "independent of what? "

Couldn't give me a straight answer.

I run my own business, my roots are in mechanical engineering, I've renovated houses, can put my hand to most things, I garden (grow a lil bit of my own food)., I eat the fish I catch. I can defend myself if needed. Basically I'm no longer a small child and am capable of doing things a functioning adult needs to be able to do.

Regardless of all this I'm dependent as ****. Without shops, farmers, emergency services, repair men (for things I can't fix), people manufacturing things , people running the country , I'm pretty much screwed.

I'm completely dependent on people.

Why are girls not lol?

Are they just saying "look at me, I'm proud I'm not a toddler anymore! "

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Independent of an undistorted socioeconomic system

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Independant of men.

When men have money, they want to share it and/or start a family.

When women have money, they're independant, don't share much if at all, and you'll never be enough unless you make more than her.

No man in history has ever made a good living and brag about how independant he is. Women seem to think that doing the same things a man can do makes them exceptional. I saw a video on Hinge of a girl on motorcycle going in a straight line in a parking lot, then doing a very wide turn that took at least several cars lengths of space - how is that in any way shape or form impressive? Same thing with women who think it's an accomplishment to be able to parallel park or drive stick. They hate how much they idolize men so much so instead of admitting we're better, they try to become us.

High earning independant women are insufferable.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Independant of men.

When women have money, they're independant, don't share much if at all, and you'll never be enough unless you make more than her.

No man in history has ever made a good living and brag about how independant he is. Women seem to think that doing the same things a man can do makes them exceptional. I saw a video on Hinge of a girl on motorcycle going in a straight line in a parking lot, then doing a very wide turn that took at least several cars lengths of space - how is that in any way shape or form impressive? Same thing with women who think it's an accomplishment to be able to parallel park or drive stick. They hate how much they idolize men so much so instead of admitting we're better, they try to become us.

But they smell better! And that's why they deserve it all...

CaptFinnBad

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Independant of men.

They are kinda like children and men are the parent lol

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are kinda like children and men are the parent lol
They are, and every day I come closer to realizing how Islam really isn't too far off the mark. Why else would feminists align themselves with Islamists if not for an innate, unconscious need to be controlled/dominated?

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Independent my azz......lmao......there is no such thing as an independent woman. Every time I see that it translates to entitled, hard to get a long with, not submissive, can't follow a mans lead, not feminine! Have no use for them. The only men that are impressed by independent women are dependent men. Goes to show you how unaware/self-absorbed the majority of them are.

I've got a mid 40's year old sister that thinks she is an independent woman. She always calls me or my dad when something breaks, and my mom when she needs money. Yeah real fuhking independent!

Women say a lot of schitt. Its just the trendy word to use these days. They'll be onto something else at some point.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Independent of a provider male husband
Only as long as the state is taking over that role.

Last time i checked (yesterday), my wife (earning more then me) couldnt crack open a bottle of vinegar in her independence.

LTG71

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a women who can pay her own rent. Even if she can pay her own rent, she’ll need to hire ppl to do tasks she can’t do herself.

When women says it, it’s a form of virtue signaling. “I don’t need a man, I’m a big girl now.” Sure honey, until something breaks. This “independence” has various levels depending on life experience.

I once tried to fill a woman’s car with gas and she lost her sh!t. I was being “too patriarchal” by taking that away from her. Crazy b!tch. That’s a mindless task with no meaning. The only thing that was being held down was the lever on the gas nozzle. When a women spews this rhetoric, she’s usually an “independent woman” who has been brainwashed by feminazis.

But at the same time this is not a bad change. My wife has been one of my biggest financial burdens as she has not financially contributed to our marriage for the past 20 years. Sure it honorable to be the man and provide for the family. At the same time, it gets exhausting paying for everyone else and having to settle for the scraps that remain. She’ll make comments about people on social media.

I’m like, ”yeah, no kids and they both make $150k.” I’m having to take $150k and divide it over a family of five.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a women who can pay her own rent. Even if she can pay her own rent, she’ll need to hire ppl to do tasks she can’t do herself.

When women says it, it’s a form of virtue signaling. “I don’t need a man, I’m a big girl now.” Sure honey, until something breaks. This “independence” has various levels depending on life experience.

I once tried to fill a woman’s car with gas and she lost her sh!t. I was being “too patriarchal” by taking that away from her. Crazy b!tch. That’s a mindless task with no meaning. The only thing that was being held down was the lever on the gas nozzle. When a women spews this rhetoric, she’s usually an “independent woman” who has been brainwashed by feminazis.

But at the same time this is not a bad change. My wife has been one of my biggest financial burdens as she has not financially contributed to our marriage for the past 20 years. Sure it honorable to be the man and provide for the family. At the same time, it gets exhausting paying for everyone else and having to settle for the scraps that remain. She’ll make comments about people on social media.

I’m like, ”yeah, no kids and they both make $150k.” I’m having to take $150k and divide it over a family of five.
I’ve been the independent woman. Raised that way by a mother who resented being financially dependent on my dad (who insisted she not work, stay home and have babies and keep house) despite her having a law degree and an excellent federal job.

I’ve been so dam independent that my first husband didn’t pick himself up as a man ought after his business fiasco happened and I supported him AND 3 kids that I had to carry through pregnancy and birth and nurse and STILL support the whole family.

Not that I’m complaining really as I managed to do it and raise my children in a comfortable lifestyle but being independent is for the bloody birds as far as I’m concerned…I am self sufficient and that is just fine, but I’m plenty dependent on other people. Just today I went to the tailor, dry cleaner and car wash.

It’s not a rah rah thing to me.

Know what I really enjoyed this week? Going to see my son & his very NOT independent girlfriend. He is going to be a military officer and she is going to make a great wife & mother, one who can go where he is assigned, one who can be a good partner & teammate in life. She does work, she’s an early childhood teacher, but her goal is to be a great woman to my son. And that’s as it should be.

The irony is that part of how my son learned what kind of woman to choose was to take my former mother-in-law (a career military officer wife who was widowed and never remarried), as a template rather than me in looking for a woman to date/marry. And I think that’s just great.

And my 18 year old daughter is very close with her boyfriend’s parents, a traditional couple who married in their youth and have stayed together. My daughter is deferential to her boyfriend (as well as his parents) and consults with him on everything. They just moved in together. The boyfriend’s older brother is already married. So lots of traditional values in that family, good examples.

The feminist narrative does a disservice to women in some ways. I’m all for equal pay if the skillset is the same. Doctors of equivalent skill should be paid the same irrespective of gender in my view for example, but men and women are not equal in relationships.

Rather they are complimentary and are interdependent, which is a higher vibration/evolution than just being independent.

Independence is about self; interdependence is about partnership; something larger than self.

Last edited:

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, first of all we need clarification for your sake. Dependency is the internalization of an outside authority. If you produce something of value, and use that to exchange other values that people have, that's a function of independence. Psychological independence is as a result of being one's own authority completely.

I heard someone say it. I asked "independent of what? "

Couldn't give me a straight answer.
Because just like you, they don't understand what that means. Independence is a concept associated with psychological strength, but it has to be earned. I doubt any of these women have earned that.

No man in history has ever made a good living and brag about how independant he is.
Oh I do every day. I've worked hard on it. The more you take charge of your life, the better your life gets.

Independent my azz......lmao......there is no such thing as an independent woman.
That's what I was trying to figure out in this thread:

Apparently such a being exists but is extremely rare. I think it is because women are too catered for so that they don't develop themselves psychologically. I want to say that ~99% of men are not psychologically independent either.

I’ve been the independent woman. Raised that way by a mother who resented being financially dependent on my dad (who insisted she not work, stay home and have babies and keep house) despite her having a law degree and an excellent federal job.

I’ve been so dam independent that my first husband didn’t pick himself up as a man ought after his business fiasco happened and I supported him AND 3 kids that I had to carry through pregnancy and birth and nurse and STILL support the whole family.
Not a personal disparagement of you but I highly doubt that you are anything like Ayn Rand. Your posts indicate that you do not integrate all of your thoughts logically.

Not that I’m complaining really as I managed to do it and raise my children in a comfortable lifestyle but being independent is for the bloody birds as far as I’m concerned…I am self sufficient and that is just fine, but I’m plenty dependent on other people. Just today I went to the tailor, dry cleaner and car wash.

It’s not a rah rah thing to me.

Know what I really enjoyed this week? Going to see my son & his very NOT independent girlfriend. He is going to be a military officer and she is going to make a great wife & mother, one who can go where he is assigned, one who can be a good partner & teammate in life. She does work, she’s an early childhood teacher, but her goal is to be a great woman to my son. And that’s as it should be.

The irony is that part of how my son learned what kind of woman to choose was to take my former mother-in-law (a career military officer wife who was widowed and never remarried), as a template rather than me in looking for a woman to date/marry. And I think that’s just great.
This for example. It doesn't add any value to the discussion. If I had to guess, I'd say that you are attempting to draw attention to yourself to support a delusional self-esteem?

Rather they are complimentary and are interdependent, which is a higher vibration/evolution than just being independent.

Independence is about self; interdependence is about partnership; something larger than self.
Conceptually, that is totally wack

LTG71

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Independence is a concept associated with psychological strength, but it has to be earned. I doubt any of these women have earned that.

Apparently such a being exists but is extremely rare. I think it is because women are too catered for so that they don't develop themselves psychologically. I want to say that ~99% of men are not psychologically independent either.
Traditionally women have not had to be independent. Just catch a husband and be taken care of for life. Only when the husband dies, leaves or is incarcerated does one decide to do it on their own or hurry and catch another husband. Ever see couples that have been together for decades and the husband dies then the wife remarries shortly after? I have, several times. I would consider this a financial dependency. Not all women can endure this situation and end up having to work multiple jobs to support themselves or a family alone. This is why they need to find the best man possible, aka security. Financial security. Or they end up divorce raping a man. The legal systems are rigged to rescue women who can’t fend for themselves.

Men on the other hand have it engrained in us to work hard because nothing Is ever going to be handed to us for free. This is independence at its core. Some excel while some struggle, there are varying levels. If my wife died today, nothing would change. I would still be on the grind because no one is there to rescue me.

This independence in a woman is more rare. Case in point:

“my first husband didn’t pick himself up as a man ought” = Societal expectation for men.

“I’ve been so dam independent that my first husband didn’t pick himself up as a man ought after his business fiasco happened and I supported him AND 3 kids that I had to carry through pregnancy and birth and nurse and STILL support the whole family” = Not the norm and considered heroic.

This is an unfortunate situation and she had to make the best of it, kudos. But it was only after the husband FAILED TO PROVIDE.

In 2023, this phrase is more about women becoming financially independent from the start. Then women join the feminist bandwagon and break off from men entirely. I would consider feminism the female version of being an incel, black-pilled or WGTOW. So now she’s financially independent and can’t pair bond because she has been brainwashed to hate men, what a great solution. Only time will tell how this experiment turns out.