Why is OLD the last couple years borderline unusable??

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a lot of girls with pictures and similar to this:
Not bad. That was plentiful on OLD up until late 2020. Not super hot, but for most men we'd go for that. Don't see that on OLD much anymore though.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I should mention here, I don't know if it's been brought up

I rarely send out likes, I've sent out less than 100 since I reinstalled Hinge in November, might only be around 50-60. Almost all my matches are from women liking me first.

In general, the only women I pursue are the ones who liked me first and actually initiated the conversation with some kind of comment/question.

OLD does not have to be time consuming - you simply need to learn how to funnel women in and filter out all the ones who aren't high IL. Good pictures and bios (or prompts in the case of Hinge) help you tremendously. I can bet that any guy who complains about OLD being hard has bad photos. NEVER upload selfies or generic NPC photos (holding a fish, for instance).
Come to think of it, the women that liked me first on Hinge almost always led to lays but I would be interested in knowing what market you are in. Ever since I moved down to Miami, I rarely get likes and this is despite having professionally done photos on the app. I have liked women and lucked out by matching with women that were quite attractive but again, its only been about 17 or so in the past couple of weeks (all women I liked that liked me back). Lots of dead convos except for a handful wanting to connecting off of the app.

What gets me is that back in the day, like before COVID and around the 2017-2019 time frame, I had mediocre pics but could make a living off of the apps alone. In total, I was getting 4 to 5 dates a week in NYC back in 2019 off of the 3 major apps + Coffee Meets Bagel.

Now in 2023 when I have had pro pics done by a real photographer that knows what they are doing, it has gone dead for me. Outside of Hinge where I usually like the girl first, the success has been hard to come across. Bumble and Tinder are practically dead for me and I am convinced that there is either a shadowban at play or my profile has long been drowned.

Part of it could be that I am in my 30s now and a number of women have me filtered out based off of that.

However, even my wings and friends I talk to in their 20s who are decent looking guys struggle. I think that it might as well be the market here in Miami where women are looking for sugar daddies.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come to think of it, the women that liked me first on Hinge almost always led to lays but I would be interested in knowing what market you are in. Ever since I moved down to Miami, I rarely get likes and this is despite having professionally done photos on the app. I have liked women and lucked out by matching with women that were quite attractive but again, its only been about 17 or so in the past couple of weeks (all women I liked that liked me back). Lots of dead convos except for a handful wanting to connecting off of the app.

What gets me is that back in the day, like before COVID and around the 2017-2019 time frame, I had mediocre pics but could make a living off of the apps alone. In total, I was getting 4 to 5 dates a week in NYC back in 2019 off of the 3 major apps + Coffee Meets Bagel.

Now in 2023 when I have had pro pics done by a real photographer that knows what they are doing, it has gone dead for me. Outside of Hinge where I usually like the girl first, the success has been hard to come across. Bumble and Tinder are practically dead for me and I am convinced that there is either a shadowban at play or my profile has long been drowned.

Part of it could be that I am in my 30s now and a number of women have me filtered out based off of that.

However, even my wings and friends I talk to in their 20s who are decent looking guys struggle. I think that it might as well be the market here in Miami where women are looking for sugar daddies.
You see this a lot in places like fl. Younger women with guys 30 years older.

Everyone points out how pre covid old better. Not only due to less paywalls, but I think more women are going out more again post covid and tired of stuck being at home.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, only 2 dates. Again, wasn't that hard to get her number at all after exchanging a few messages. Had another hot one who drove an hour to meet me.
When they deliberately look away from the camera with a slight shi1t eating grin but otherwise passive face like that (post 85 up above), they are there to be devious, not deviant. They are there for dinner, not D. I saw the pic and thought, well maybe this chick put out...but no. Lol. I just figured out the girl is 30, but she has the controlled vibe of a late 30's woman.

The girl reminds me of this woman here, but a little bit more of a game player than the one below:

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
@Jesse Pinkman

One thing I avoid like the plague is women with professional pics, they’re just too precious and frankly are dead ends in most cases.

Have you considered the possibility that your pro pics might seen too “done” and that women are perceiving you the wrong way?

If I had a photog shoot for me I’d have him do it on a phone and work to make the pics showcase me but in contrived situations like at the beach, a club, bar, on a bike or hike, or playing with a dog or kid. Just my two cents.

I think women, at least in my target ranges 35-55 will over analyze pro shots.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone on here blames covid for all these fat women on OLD gained weight! However so many of them are covered in tats, piercings, have bad teeth etc. I mean even if they lost 50lbs they would still be undesirable to most men. So the whole weight issue isn't the only thing.
Also had the ones that are in "Poly" relationships I live in a very liberal state, you see some of the most mid women that are already married looking for "Side action" also I've noticed chicks that mention they have HSV-2 in their profile now

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some under 25 might filter out a man who has turned 30 on an app. 25-29 year olds wouldn't filter that out. 23-24 year olds would be borderline on that, and 18-22 would be much more likely to filter out on that.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
OLD works great for some and not great for others.

Whats the difference between the 2 groups?

One is more socially calibrated, and has people who take pictures of themselves and their friends enjoying life.. and the others rely on the selfies and minimal photos they have that dont really show personality or personal expression, social value or personal value.

Now the other half of the equation is using the proper dating apps suited for you. I have friends who do bad on most dating apps but those that are catered to working professionals, they do good on. Thats because they show value in both their pictures and their profession/what they worked hard to develop/their income. These apps attract people looking for more serious relationships where as others attract those who are looking for casual fun, which in turns leads to superficial ideas and just looking for people who are attractive/hot and ready for NSA fun.

Thars not to mean that people dont find serious relationships through apps like Tinder, because they definitely do.. but its all in how you display yourself and how you operate those apps.

Social and dating apps are meant for socially calibrated people. But funny enough even introverts find success on some of these apps.

The last variable but not least is taking time out your day consistently to look at and swipe left or right on profiles. Desperate guys jus try to swipe right on everyrhing not knowing that hurts their ability to find peolple as the apps are designed to isolate those who arent choosey and seem like unideal candidates for more serious relationships. Regardless you have to consistently swipe to gain matches.. and be patient because the longer you use the app, the more people have seen your profile. If you dont swipe everyday youre not even being seen to as many people.

The more successful matches you have that lead to conversations, the more the app rewards you. If you consistently swipe right on profiles of people who qre out of your league, and thus they dont swipe right on you, the app starts to think you are not desirable and shows you less and less to people that are actually able to hold conversations and likely to meet up.

P.s. most people who use dating apps pay for boosts and things to be shown to more ppl so you should too

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also had the ones that are in "Poly" relationships I live in a very liberal state, you see some of the most mid women that are already married looking for "Side action" also I've noticed chicks that mention they have HSV-2 in their profile now
Yep. Been seeing that too. Girls with stuff like herpies listed in their profiles. Also noticing more trannies too. Really becoming a dumpster. Didn't see this much 5 years ago!

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OLD works great for some and not great for others.

Whats the difference between the 2 groups?

One is more socially calibrated, and has people who take pictures of themselves and their friends enjoying life.. and the others rely on the selfies and minimal photos they have that dont really show personality or personal expression, social value or personal value.

Now the other half of the equation is using the proper dating apps suited for you. I have friends who do bad on most dating apps but those that are catered to working professionals, they do good on. Thats because they show value in both their pictures and their profession/what they worked hard to develop/their income. These apps attract people looking for more serious relationships where as others attract those who are looking for casual fun, which in turns leads to superficial ideas and just looking for people who are attractive/hot and ready for NSA fun.

Thars not to mean that people dont find serious relationships through apps like Tinder, because they definitely do.. but its all in how you display yourself and how you operate those apps.

Social and dating apps are meant for socially calibrated people. But funny enough even introverts find success on some of these apps.

The last variable but not least is taking time out your day consistently to look at and swipe left or right on profiles. Desperate guys jus try to swipe right on everyrhing not knowing that hurts their ability to find peolple as the apps are designed to isolate those who arent choosey and seem like unideal candidates for more serious relationships. Regardless you have to consistently swipe to gain matches.. and be patient because the longer you use the app, the more people have seen your profile. If you dont swipe everyday youre not even being seen to as many people.

The more successful matches you have that lead to conversations, the more the app rewards you. If you consistently swipe right on profiles of people who qre out of your league, and thus they dont swipe right on you, the app starts to think you are not desirable and shows you less and less to people that are actually able to hold conversations and likely to meet up.

P.s. most people who use dating apps pay for boosts and things to be shown to more ppl so you should too
100. This thread is going somewhere.

You are absolutely right about everything you say. I geuss that what @FlexpertHamilton means with no selfies. Just dont do it, forcing oneself to at least get more sociable looking pictures.

And yes, if you are a successful lawyer going on vacation once a year and you display this, it will ofcourse bring in different women from a man working in a factory trying to hide this.

Personally I tend to feel some kinda shame using OLD so the least effort the better. I'll be hard pressed to ask a homke to take a random picture of me, let alone taking one together ..

I am socially active on a daily base,teaching boxing, music , and fixing bikes as a side hustle but none of it reflects through my photos .

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You are absolutely right about everything you say. I geuss that what @FlexpertHamilton means with no selfies. Just dont do it, forcing oneself to at least get more sociable looking pictures.

And yes, if you are a successful lawyer going on vacation once a year and you display this, it will ofcourse bring in different women from a man working in a factory trying to hide this.

Personally I tend to feel some kinda shame using OLD so the least effort the better. I'll be hard pressed to ask a homke to take a random picture of me, let alone taking one together ..

I am socially active on a daily base,teaching boxing, music , and fixing bikes as a side hustle but none of it reflects through my photos .
The worst women attitude wise are the ones with 59 vacation photos and talk about traveling in their profiles. Usually these are the hottest women, but divorced and childless. They list traveling mandatory in their profiles. I don't travel a lot, and I work all the time. I need money so I have to work, not lounge around and travel on ex husbands dime. I see teachers doing this traveling BS a lot. A lot of women post tons of pics on their profile. Some just 4 or 5 doing basic stuff, nothing fancy.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The worst women attitude wise are the ones with 59 vacation photos and talk about traveling in their profiles. Usually these are the hottest women, but divorced and childless. They list traveling mandatory in their profiles. I don't travel a lot, and I work all the time. I need money so I have to work, not lounge around and travel on ex husbands dime. I see teachers doing this traveling BS a lot. A lot of women post tons of pics on their profile. Some just 4 or 5 doing basic stuff, nothing fancy.
Yeah ,the playfield is not equal. We've learned that there are many reasons to this. The male/female ratio, the female brain in itself and how women rate themselves, less need for sex, more picky.

Its an interesting topic to say the least. One would think that you should simply display who you are and sooner or later somewhere a woman of equal value shows up. And perhaps she does show up but you don't accept that she is a reflection of your current sexual /social market value...

That's why threads like these can be useful for men who struggle with OLD. There's a checklist of things you can do to improve your profile such as pictures and your bio. (And thats a DEEP one! Pictures might mean the way YOU look your style your body your house ect, and bio could be your life is just too boring to say anything remotely exciting about. So "bio and picture" by itself could mean you'll have to get back into the the power chamber for some time and come back stronger)
Once you feel like that is out of the way, you can experiment with payed subscriptions and see if it makes a difference.

To just roll over and die is what most men do nowadays. They give up instead of fixing whatever is broken.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah ,the playfield is not equal. We've learned that there are many reasons to this. The male/female ratio, the female brain in itself and how women rate themselves, less need for sex, more picky.

Its an interesting topic to say the least. One would think that you should simply display who you are and sooner or later somewhere a woman of equal value shows up. And perhaps she does show up but you don't accept that she is a reflection of your current sexual /social market value...

That's why threads like these can be useful for men who struggle with OLD. There's a checklist of things you can do to improve your profile such as pictures and your bio. (And thats a DEEP one! Pictures might mean the way YOU look your style your body your house ect, and bio could be your life is just too boring to say anything remotely exciting about. So "bio and picture" by itself could mean you'll have to get back into the the power chamber for some time and come back stronger)
Once you feel like that is out of the way, you can experiment with payed subscriptions and see if it makes a difference.

To just roll over and die is what most men do nowadays. They give up instead of fixing whatever is broken.
Why are women obsessed with traveling and material items?

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are women obsessed with traveling and material items?
Because the former is one of the few ways to be different from the rest. Think about it; a woman makes a profile hoping to find a high value man, The One. They'll struggle to spark interest from a HVM,one with options, when all they do is generic shyte. So they'll try to display style , taste ect.

Men would also have more patient and put more work in, if they would at least see some results. Women make a profile and have 1000 likes in a week. That by itself is a ego boost. Now she "just" has to weed out 999 (or 980?) men she doesn't want. A man might have 10 likes in a week and disappear disheartened without trying anymore.

So the trick is to display value;: whether thats physical, social or any other form. Like you say; women are after material . Always been that way.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The issue is that yes, you can work on fixing things but a broader problem that OP addresses is really the app itself and how to technologically game it. For example, I have pro and high quality pics done. When I used to restart Bumble and Tinder just a couple of years ago, I'd enjoy a newbie boost of around 30 likes on Tinder and 15 or so on Bumble. This was a couple of years ago when I did not even have the best pics, a few years before that and it was practically cheating because I had 20+ likes consistently in a week on both apps.

On Hinge, I have had about 190 or so matches to date after being on the app for years.

The apps just do not produce what they used to unless you can game them by getting a new phone or seriously modding your phone for them to not even track you anymore. Resets and restarts get you automatically shadowbanned which hurts your prospects. I have not met as many guys who are managing to make it work anymore in 2023.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score

Totally feel you on the taking pictures thing. I used to rarely take pics or ask people to take pics. But found myself around people who would and had social influence on IG and some of em actually helped me get used to taking more pics and videos.

It helps to assimilate a bit with the changing times. Social media and technology are super big these days so it helps to take advantage of it.

But regardless if OLD is not anyones forte, i suggest making friends with people who have a largw group of friends. At first it can be intimidating and they might ask you to invite your friends not knowing if you may not have many friends at all.. but over time you can overcome that hump and be apart of that group and reap the benefits of it, the biggest one being able to meet alot of women through those connections.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The issue is that yes, you can work on fixing things but a broader problem that OP addresses is really the app itself and how to technologically game it. For example, I have pro and high quality pics done. When I used to restart Bumble and Tinder just a couple of years ago, I'd enjoy a newbie boost of around 30 likes on Tinder and 15 or so on Bumble. This was a couple of years ago when I did not even have the best pics, a few years before that and it was practically cheating because I had 20+ likes consistently in a week on both apps.

On Hinge, I have had about 190 or so matches to date after being on the app for years.

The apps just do not produce what they used to unless you can game them by getting a new phone or seriously modding your phone for them to not even track you anymore. Resets and restarts get you automatically shadowbanned which hurts your prospects. I have not met as many guys who are managing to make it work anymore in 2023.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It could be, especially if they're in their mid 20s. Like 4 years ago when OLD was better I could get a lot more matches/replies from girls in their 20s. Now that I'm pushing 40 that has gone down a lot as well despite I'm in better shape than most guys around 40 around me.