Why is OLD the last couple years borderline unusable??

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The main problem with OLD is the skewed gender ratio. It is estimated that 76% of Tinder users are male. In other words, there are three males for each female. And there is no reason to believe that Bumble and Hinge are any better.

Can you think of any other setting where the ratio is this skewed? A nightclub at the end of the night, close to last call? A sci-fi convention? A wrestling match? Hardly good venues for picking up girls. And this ratio will work against you even if you are in the top 20-25%. Your value automatically goes down once you enter this sausagefest arena.
It's OVER for 76%Cels.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back when I first got on Tinder, around 2016 or so, I was getting a couple of dates a week off of it. Up to 2019 or so, I was getting multiple dates a week off of the apps. It seemed like a constant supply but I also think me being in NYC may have had something to do with it.

I compared my results in 2023 which I will post a thread on at some point and here are the numbers. Note I am using pro pics but I am also in Miami which is an unusually competitive market.

1. 17 matches on Hinge in the past one and a half weeks. I was picky when swiping and only swiped on attractive women.

2. Barely anything on Tinder but I am pretty sure I am shadowbanned on there. Bought a boost to experiment and got 3 matches off of that.

3. About 9 likes on Bumble since restarting my account about a couple of weeks ago.

Tinder and Bumble have either gotten insanely competitive in the recent years or more likely, have made it darn near impossible for you to reset your profile. What I do not get is how tough it is for me to reset my profile but ever since I got on these apps, they are flooded with bots and fake accounts.

At least back in the day, when you got new pics done, you could reset and get the much-needed ELO boost to start fresh. Now, that is near impossible and you get shadowbanned. That has made it a tough journey for me.

I do not want to buy a new sim card or get a new phone number or do anything to my phone for the sake of matches. The market desperately needs a new app to come out.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back when I first got on Tinder, around 2016 or so, I was getting a couple of dates a week off of it. Up to 2019 or so, I was getting multiple dates a week off of the apps. It seemed like a constant supply but I also think me being in NYC may have had something to do with it.

I compared my results in 2023 which I will post a thread on at some point and here are the numbers. Note I am using pro pics but I am also in Miami which is an unusually competitive market.

1. 17 matches on Hinge in the past one and a half weeks. I was picky when swiping and only swiped on attractive women.

2. Barely anything on Tinder but I am pretty sure I am shadowbanned on there. Bought a boost to experiment and got 3 matches off of that.

3. About 9 likes on Bumble since restarting my account about a couple of weeks ago.

Tinder and Bumble have either gotten insanely competitive in the recent years or more likely, have made it darn near impossible for you to reset your profile. What I do not get is how tough it is for me to reset my profile but ever since I got on these apps, they are flooded with bots and fake accounts.

At least back in the day, when you got new pics done, you could reset and get the much-needed ELO boost to start fresh. Now, that is near impossible and you get shadowbanned. That has made it a tough journey for me.

I do not want to buy a new sim card or get a new phone number or do anything to my phone for the sake of matches. The market desperately needs a new app to come out.
This is why you only get 96.2% purity Jesse. Get the new phone and you will get up to 99.1%.

No Half Measures.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
@Jesse Pinkman

Possibly a function of age as well, but you’re getting way more action off those apps than most guys do.

I am currently working on what I’d consider my only 8+ match of OLD this year. I get action from women I do not find attractive but that doesn’t count, so I set my profile to hidden and only women I’ve swiped on first see me it reduces the noise to signal ratio.

The only numbers that matter are the women’s SMV standing I don’t count gals that are below my thresholds.

I the past might’ve gotten 6 matches a year I consider hot af, and strike gold with maybe 30% of them. It’s ever so slightly demoralizing but my existing lineup keeps me satiated. The only reason I dabble is as a passive stream to replace the gals that drop off or get fired.

Here in NorCal 90% of women are not just overweight they’re a good 30-40 lbs overweight.

They don’t call it 49’er country for nothing. 4’s that think they’re 9’s.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Combination of everything. Match stock went down, facing law suits as well. So they raise prices, and make you pay more to get boosts just to even get a simple match.

Up until late 2020 it was like you mentioned. A lot easier to get a reply, number, or a match if using a swipe app. Didn't even have to use professional photos, just have to have basic communication skills. There was also about 4 times the amount of HB7 on up on OLD as well a few years ago. Now when I go on Tinder, Facebook dating, Bumble, Match, POF it's over 90 percent ugly or damaged women. Even a lot of the women are likely tired of OLD and the features taken away.

Seems to be women are more gold digging too. Probably due to the inflation.

I also wonder if the apps look at your IMEI number on your phone, or the IP address of your phones data provider as well. Even if you wait past 30 days or get a new number if it's from the same provider it still might have the same IP address. If you use Wifi on your cell phone it probably also logs that. So you might be getting shadowbanned in a number of ways.

Match and POF don't do that. Match before covid had the best looking women, cleanest and hottest looking ones. Once covid hit they started to do more pay to play and took features away. When that happened I noticed the number of women dropped drastically.

POF is useless unless you pay now. Only can send one message per day.

There used to be a way you could unscramble the photos on Tinder and Bumble to see who liked you without paying. They caught on to that too!

Here is one of the OLD dates I had around early start of Covid. 9 years younger than me. These are the type of chicks I saw on OLD more a few years ago and could get matches or replies with. hardly ever see ones like this anymore.

Last edited:

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Jesse Pinkman

Possibly a function of age as well, but you’re getting way more action off those apps than most guys do.

I am currently working on what I’d consider my only 8+ match of OLD this year. I get action from women I do not find attractive but that doesn’t count, so I set my profile to hidden and only women I’ve swiped on first see me it reduces the noise to signal ratio.

The only numbers that matter are the women’s SMV standing I don’t count gals that are below my thresholds.

I the past might’ve gotten 6 matches a year I consider hot af, and strike gold with maybe 30% of them. It’s ever so slightly demoralizing but my existing lineup keeps me satiated. The only reason I dabble is as a passive stream to replace the gals that drop off or get fired.

Here in NorCal 90% of women are not just overweight they’re a good 30-40 lbs overweight.

They don’t call it 49’er country for nothing. 4’s that think they’re 9’s.
Yeah maybe the apps are filtering me out since I hit 30 recently, could be a good reason. Perhaps guys in their 20s can chime in. However, I have felt like the issue with apps is no more trying to make a good profile anymore. It is trying to get past the ELO ban or the shadowbans that they more than happily hand out these days.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Combination of everything. Match stock went down, facing law suits as well. So they raise prices, and make you pay more to get boosts just to even get a simple match.

Up until late 2020 it was like you mentioned. A lot easier to get a reply, number, or a match if using a swipe app. Didn't even have to use professional photos, just have to have basic communication skills. There was also about 4 times the amount of HB7 on up on OLD as well a few years ago. Now when I go on Tinder, Facebook dating, Bumble, Match, POF it's over 90 percent ugly or damaged women. Even a lot of the women are likely tired of OLD and the features taken away.

Seems to be women are more gold digging too. Probably due to the inflation.

I also wonder if the apps look at your IMEI number on your phone, or the IP address of your phones data provider as well. Even if you wait past 30 days or get a new number if it's from the same provider it still might have the same IP address. If you use Wifi on your cell phone it probably also logs that. So you might be getting shadowbanned in a number of ways.

Match and POF don't do that. Match before covid had the best looking women, cleanest and hottest looking ones. Once covid hit they started to do more pay to play and took features away. When that happened I noticed the number of women dropped drastically.

POF is useless unless you pay now. Only can send one message per day.

There used to be a way you could unscramble the photos on Tinder and Bumble to see who liked you without paying. They caught on to that too!

Here is one of the OLD dates I had around early start of Covid. 9 years younger than me. These are the type of chicks I saw on OLD more a few years ago and could get matches or replies with. hardly ever see ones like this anymore.

Oke but why do you think such a woman doesn't match with you anymore? You really think the corporation is behind this, or that these types of women are simply not interested in you somehow?

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah maybe the apps are filtering me out since I hit 30 recently, could be a good reason. Perhaps guys in their 20s can chime in. However, I have felt like the issue with apps is no more trying to make a good profile anymore. It is trying to get past the ELO ban or the shadowbans that they more than happily hand out these days.
This could be a factor. The Age Pill is a thing.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a saturated field just like social media. But you can still find the girl in your dreams online I would stay away from bumble like the plague.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oke but why do you think such a woman doesn't match with you anymore? You really think the corporation is behind this, or that these types of women are simply not interested in you somehow?
I don't see very many chicks like that on OLD now. Now it's more women like this. Btw this is a google image search. Just a random pic to show what I see on OLD a lot now. Especially facebook dating and tinder.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score

She´s cute. Did she put out?

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I don't see very many chicks like that on OLD now. Now it's more women like this. Btw this is a google image search. Just a random pic to show what I see on OLD a lot now. Especially facebook dating and tinder.

D@mn!!!! Unless someone has a fat fetish, she is not gonna pass the boner test.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
D@mn!!!! Unless someone has a fat fetish, she is not gonna pass the boner test.
That's the typical OLD trash I see, especially on swipe apps. Which if you don't pay you get a limited amount of swipes which also hurts your chances since you have to swipe through all this garbage just to see decent women. There are far worse looking women than this on OLD btw.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the typical OLD trash I see, especially on swipe apps. Which if you don't pay you get a limited amount of swipes which also hurts your chances since you have to swipe through all this garbage just to see decent women. There are far worse looking women than this on OLD btw.
Same problem on the other side of the planet. Its disheartening to see that such a woman even thinks (really believes) she has a serious change with men that work their azz off and stack paper, hit the gym religiously and educate themselves everywhere they can. She brings nothing, and she's even detrimental for one's selfesteem. This type of woman is far below a prostitute to kill a dryspell.

I asked it more wondering where do those women from your first example go now? I can't believe women like that dont appear on the radar through OLD anymore.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I should mention here, I don't know if it's been brought up

I rarely send out likes, I've sent out less than 100 since I reinstalled Hinge in November, might only be around 50-60. Almost all my matches are from women liking me first.

In general, the only women I pursue are the ones who liked me first and actually initiated the conversation with some kind of comment/question.

OLD does not have to be time consuming - you simply need to learn how to funnel women in and filter out all the ones who aren't high IL. Good pictures and bios (or prompts in the case of Hinge) help you tremendously. I can bet that any guy who complains about OLD being hard has bad photos. NEVER upload selfies or generic NPC photos (holding a fish, for instance).

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I should mention here, I don't know if it's been brought up

I rarely send out likes, I've sent out less than 100 since I reinstalled Hinge in November, might only be around 50-60. Almost all my matches are from women liking me first.

In general, the ONLY women I ever pursue are the ones who liked me first AND actually initiated the conversation with some kind of conversation.

If you're the one sending out the likes first it's probably a waste of time.

OLD is not time consuming - you simply need to learn how to funnel women in and filter out all the ones who aren't high IL. Good pictures and bios (or prompts in the case of Hinge) help you tremendously. I can bet that any guy who complains about old being hard has bad photos. NEVER upload selfies or generic NPC photos (holding a fish, for instance).
Oke good advice bro! But, then what type of photos should one upload?

By the way, you're probably right about it. Its just ...crazy that a man cant upload selfies while all you'll see from women is selfies. I mean, a picture of you= a picture of youz right?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oke good advice bro! But, then what type of photos should one upload?

By the way, you're probably right about it. Its just ...crazy that a man cant upload selfies while all you'll see from women is selfies. I mean, a picture of you= a picture of youz right?
Your photos should have some of these qualities or mix of them:

head shot
full body shot
out and about
activity
with friends/group

A photo can tell a story, that's what they want to see. The location you're in, what you're doing, who you're with, the "vibe" all that **** matters a lot to them.

What applies to men doesn't apply to women...women are valued for their looks, men not as much, so a selfie (even if you're good looking) doesn't carry much weight. Also for some reason it's socially acceptable for women to be narcissists but not men.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same problem on the other side of the planet. Its disheartening to see that such a woman even thinks (really believes) she has a serious change with men that work their azz off and stack paper, hit the gym religiously and educate themselves everywhere they can. She brings nothing, and she's even detrimental for one's selfesteem. This type of woman is far below a prostitute to kill a dryspell.

I asked it more wondering where do those women from your first example go now? I can't believe women like that dont appear on the radar through OLD anymore.
Everyone on here blames covid for all these fat women on OLD gained weight! However so many of them are covered in tats, piercings, have bad teeth etc. I mean even if they lost 50lbs they would still be undesirable to most men. So the whole weight issue isn't the only thing.