Football, a beta male hobby or a legit interest for men?

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So was this post typed out with your hands or your feet? Soccer has, always has had, and always will have a very fatal flaw, and that is the fundamental lack of recognition of what separates humans from the rest of the animal kingdom.

If there's anything egotistical involved, it's the insecurity of the rest of the world. Imo however, that main reasons for soccer's worldwide popularity are practicality and tradition. In light of the inherent awkwardness of the sport, I'd say the cultism is on the soccer side of things.

And I'm saying this as someone who enjoys running.
Huh? I type with my fingers. I don't know if you have any deformities but I type with my fingers.

And before I move on from arguing with you, cause I dislike wasting my time, Football involves throw-ins and keepers which involve the hands. The head is also used. My point is that the feet are used 95% of the time, there it is called Football. In American Football, the hands are used 98% of the time and the feet used 2%. It would be more logical to call it handball or handegg for that matter.

Capici bambino?

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Huh? I type with my fingers. I don't know if you have any deformities but I type with my fingers.

And before I move on from arguing with you, cause I dislike wasting my time, Football involves throw-ins and keepers which involve the hands. The head is also used. My point is that the feet are used 95% of the time, there it is called Football. In American Football, the hands are used 98% of the time and the feet used 2%. It would be more logical to call it handball or handegg for that matter.

Capici bambino?
Isnt NFL called football because the ball measures 1 foot? I dont know. Honest question. That´s the idea I had.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
See,this is why so many guys on this forum struggle socially.You can’t even enjoy something as simple and,ironically,socially charged as sports without making it weird and about how feminized the world has gotten.

This doesn’t make you wiser than everyone else,it just makes you weird.

I think of all the old heads who have watched sports all their lives.They may complain about what counts for a foul in the NBA these days,or about what counts as a roughing the passer call in the NFL,or about all the diving in football(soccer),but they still watch,don’t they?

Which is the real issue here.People who have this stupid notion are not real sports fans and are casuals at best.

If for whatever reason you don’t like sports that much,that’s fine.But don’t knock it and try to bring down people who do.Extreme fanaticism is one of the best things about sports.

If they were true fans,they’d know that.

The premise of this thread itself is flawed.Is the suggestion that every sports fan is beta?That there are no guys who watch football and are also “alpha?”If so,then what do the “alphas” watch,huh?

Let me tell you what’s really beta.Sublimating and marginalizing your interests because you don’t want to appear “beta.”
Great post,especially the last paragraph. Hobbies take time. Whether that's hitting the gym, fishing , being on Sosuave talking with strangers about women all day...do whatever the feck you like.

Overhere ( Europe) you are basically grow up with football (soccer). Its a religion. Everyone respects it , that includes women. 85%change her man ,bf or whatever will support a football club.

Its actually the other way around here; its frowned upon when you dont like football. Like, there is something strange about you for not liking it. Patrice can explain it better, even though it's about American football..

Last edited:

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you take up soccer and jump roping as a side training if You want to be an mma fighter or get better at Basketball.

That stuff gives you great footwork and agility.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another problem with American football is the games are too got damn long. These wild card games have been pushing 4 hours. Way too long.
And 80% of the game is the same Allstate, McDonalds, Burger King, Chick Fila, Coca Cola, Taco Bell, Movie Trailer, or vaccine commercials.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People are attacking the OP but let me share my take. I went to a school that performs exceptionally well in football, as in it is pretty much creating a dynasty in the sport at a college level right now with top recruits and multiple championships. With college sports, it makes sense to root for the team if you go to the school itself or if you are an alumni linking up with old friends here and there. There are degrees and levels to this. If you are a casual that follows the sport for their team, then okay.

However, I have noticed that the most intense sports fans I have seen in my life were almost always losers. The guys I knew from my days at work that watch Sportscenter all day and gossip about sports are almost always normie losers with average marriages and average lives. In fact, I would say that religiously following sports and caring what Stephen A. Smith or Skip Bayless have to say is probably the one way to throw in the towel on life and accept mediocrity for the rest of your days.

I cannot stand it either because when you work in the corporate world, you are surrounded by these loser type of normies with failing marriages, receding hairlines, and fattening cheeks. Then these guys get their prowess in life out of debating what some athlete is doing as opposed to doing anything worthwhile themselves. These are the same guys who would attack a user on here for getting laid in their 30s with attractive women. I have also noticed that I see the following demographics obsess with sports a lot.

Loud and incel looking white dudes.

There is a distinct look and vibe to them that makes them uniquely more irritating and annoying than the typical incel. They are almost always this cranky, argumentative, and bitter guy that latches on to sports. It is the only thing they live for and it gets worse in the south as @Bible_Belt talks about as these are your former burned out frat bros who latch on to their old football teams despite never having played the sport themselves. I cannot describe them in a greater detail but you know one when you see and meet one, always unpleasant to be around.

Burned out former high school athletes that never made it.

The guy who played on the high school football team and was even a back up on a good one. The one who never got recruited to play for a college. The one who could not make it in the sport himself. That was their glory days and now they latch on to them in whatever way they can. They will obsess over sports and try to come off as know it alls about the pro sport itself despite never having come close to making it themselves. Always the worst dudes to deal with.

The older black dude (or middle aged one) in the group who is usually a token.

Gives off a strong Stephen A Smith vibe and is always the one who is trying to fit in with his white coworkers. Always the most opinionated one trying to show off his sports knowledge to his white coworkers. Maybe it is because I come from Atlanta but this kind of a dude is practically a staple in every Atlanta corporate office lol. Forgive me for this but you know I am on to something here @Jake_Gyllenhaal69.

I have never met a serious sports fan that was winning with women and with life in all of my years of following sports.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People are attacking the OP but let me share my take. I went to a school that performs exceptionally well in football, as in it is pretty much creating a dynasty in the sport at a college level right now with top recruits and multiple championships. With college sports, it makes sense to root for the team if you go to the school itself or if you are an alumni linking up with old friends here and there. There are degrees and levels to this. If you are a casual that follows the sport for their team, then okay.

However, I have noticed that the most intense sports fans I have seen in my life were almost always losers. The guys I knew from my days at work that watch Sportscenter all day and gossip about sports are almost always normie losers with average marriages and average lives. In fact, I would say that religiously following sports and caring what Stephen A. Smith or Skip Bayless have to say is probably the one way to throw in the towel on life and accept mediocrity for the rest of your days.

I cannot stand it either because when you work in the corporate world, you are surrounded by these loser type of normies with failing marriages, receding hairlines, and fattening cheeks. Then these guys get their prowess in life out of debating what some athlete is doing as opposed to doing anything worthwhile themselves. These are the same guys who would attack a user on here for getting laid in their 30s with attractive women. I have also noticed that I see the following demographics obsess with sports a lot.

There is a distinct look and vibe to them that makes them uniquely more irritating and annoying than the typical incel. They are almost always this cranky, argumentative, and bitter guy that latches on to sports. It is the only thing they live for and it gets worse in the south as @Bible_Belt talks about as these are your former burned out frat bros who latch on to their old football teams despite never having played the sport themselves. I cannot describe them in a greater detail but you know one when you see and meet one, always unpleasant to be around.

Burned out former high school athletes that never made it.

The guy who played on the high school football team and was even a back up on a good one. The one who never got recruited to play for a college. The one who could not make it in the sport himself. That was their glory days and now they latch on to them in whatever way they can. They will obsess over sports and try to come off as know it alls about the pro sport itself despite never having come close to making it themselves. Always the worst dudes to deal with.

The older black dude (or middle aged one) in the group who is usually a token.

Gives off a strong Stephen A Smith vibe and is always the one who is trying to fit in with his white coworkers. Always the most opinionated one trying to show off his sports knowledge to his white coworkers. Maybe it is because I come from Atlanta but this kind of a dude is practically a staple in every Atlanta corporate office lol. Forgive me for this but you know I am on to something here @Jake_Gyllenhaal69.

I have never met a serious sports fan that was winning with women and with life in all of my years of following sports.
For the sake of argument, what about Stephen A and Skip Bayless themselves? Are they losers? They obviously grew up as sports nuts otherwise they wouldn't make successful sports journalists.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the sake of argument, what about Stephen A and Skip Bayless themselves? Are they losers? They obviously grew up as sports nuts otherwise they wouldn't make successful sports journalists.
Depends on how you define it. Objectively they are doing well in life but at what cost? Being a mockery by most sports fans and getting ripped on by guys like this here:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on how you define it. Objectively they are doing well in life but at what cost? Being a mockery by most sports fans and getting ripped on by guys like this here:

Guys like this? Who exactly is like ol' Sherm? lol

You got to take that like a badge of honor, it's like being parodied on South Park.

I agree these First-Take type guys are caricatures. That being said, you can argue that sports in general aren't legit interest for men (even the Tom Bradys of the world) given the current tenor of the times. These days, it all amounts to escapism. Sports really only has a place in a society that's both advanced and stable.

Last edited:

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys like this? Who exactly is like ol' Sherm? lol

You got to take that like a badge of honor, it's like being parodied on South Park.

I agree these First-Take type guys are caricatures. That being said, you can argue that sports in general aren't legit interest for men (even the Tom Bradys of the world) given the current tenor of the times. These days, it all amounts to escapism. Sports really only has a place in a society that's both advanced and stable.
You can say that. I got into sports a lot in the past month because my health was in shambles and I needed an escape lol.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post,especially the last paragraph. Hobbies take time. Whether that's hitting the gym, fishing , being on Sosuave talking with strangers about women all day...do whatever the feck you like.

Overhere ( Europe) you are basically grow up with football (soccer). Its a religion. Everyone respects it , that includes women. 85%change her man ,bf or whatever will support a football club.

Its actually the other way around here; its frowned upon when you dont like football. Like, there is something strange about you for not liking it. Patrice can explain it better, even though it's about American football..

Yeah I completely understand what you mean.Growing up,football(soccer),was my first love and one of the four sports I played at a high level before I shifted my focus to football(American).

It’s crazy because I have never seen the distinction of beta amongst the fans of any of those sports.It’s just a way of life, and it’s just a bunch of guys partaking in something they love,either as players or fans.

It’s interesting how people in this country are often blown away by European sports culture when they take the time to experience it.The first NFL game was played in Germany this season and all the players were blown away by the chants,the songs,the raucous and vociferous support from the stands,yet in all honesty anyone who watches European football with any regularity knows that it’s just standard operating procedure in your typical game there.

Reaction score
That's what "old money" means in the South. The same families that owned the plantations still have that money. And they spend it on football. That's why the SEC teams are so good.
Excuse me? 2 SEC teams are good first and foremost. Second, they get by with their dumb division schedules coupled with 4 community college teams per year. Third, the bottom teams are over ranked every year to stack the higher teams…cough cough Florida & Ole Miss. Fourth, they have an easier time getting in to the playoffs than other teams. How does UGA get destroyed by Alabama in Atlanta last year just get an easy revenge match against Alabama. This year, they got their cupcake win against TCU who lost to fvcking Kansas State, but oh welllllll.

Reaction score
That's not the reason; the reason is that the plantations had a lot of big men, and after the Civil War, a lot of them stayed around as itinerant workers or sharecroppers, especially in "freedmen towns" that sprang up on the outskirts of the plantations, and the SEC schools are the flagship universities in the states where most slave-era descendants now live. These players are able to stay close to home so Mama can come to the home games, and to stay where they are better climate-acclimated. Culturally speaking, the HBCUs are a better fit - and indeed is where players of segregation-yesteryear went - but the SEC play is top-level, and ironically, the SEC is a better cultural fit than a flagship school in a non-slave state.
Most of the plantations were essentially corporations owned by dudes that lived far away. This image of some colonel sanders looking guy drinking mint juleps on a porch watching slaves pick cotton is purely Hollywood romanticism. I grew around the home of a top 5 slave owner and he owned like 6 plantations in Louisiana but lived in Nashville.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I expect the Cowboys to win. I probably need to mention the Dallas Cowboys and sports culture in the Dallas thread.
This the Cowboys year!
The Cowboys did win the game against the Buccaneers, which I expected and did not watch.

I do not expect the Cowboys to win next the next game.

SEC teams
Athletic conferences have had zero meaning for a while now. They were supposed to be schools in similar geographic zones with regional rivalries. It's not like that anymore.

I think this was all set off when the Southwestern Conference was faltering in the 1990s. That led to the creation of the Big 12. Arkansas leaving the Southwestern Conference for the SEC in the early 1990s was debatable, but I consider Arkansas the last SEC addition that was legitimate. It was ridiculous for Missouri and Texas A&M to join the SEC in the early 2010s. It will be ridiculous when Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC soon. The SEC has lost all meaning.

It was also ridiculous that Colorado and Utah joined the Pac 10 Conference in 2011 and created the Pac 12. It's even more ridiculous than UCLA and USC are planning to leave the Pac and join an already overexpanded Big 10 (with more than 10+ teams already) conference. The Big 10 was supposed to be 10 Midwestern schools. Rutgers and Maryland are not in the Midwest and don't belong in the Big 10. Neither do UCLA and USC.

And 80% of the game is the same Allstate, McDonalds, Burger King, Chick Fila, Coca Cola, Taco Bell, Movie Trailer, or vaccine commercials.
You forgot the beer brand ads, which are typically Budweiser, Bud Light, Miller Lite, and Coors Light.

Reaction score
I think this was all set off when the Southwestern Conference was faltering in the 1990s. That led to the creation of the Big 12. Arkansas leaving the Southwestern Conference for the SEC in the early 1990s was debatable, but I consider Arkansas the last SEC addition that was legitimate. It was ridiculous for Missouri and Texas A&M to join the SEC in the early 2010s. It will be ridiculous when Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC soon. The SEC has lost all meaning.
SEC ruined it with their divisional schedule. Georgia and Alabama can basically make it to the championship every year theoretically. The only reason Ohio State got in was because of luck lol. A one loss Bama team would’ve more than likely got in over them.

Reaction score

This is the type that inspired this topic. I drove home after an early morning workout just to almost hit a drunk fat obese bills fan that tried to test his Jay walking abilities. My area gets so annoying when the chiefs or bills play because their idiotic fans come to the bars near my apartment.

One of the most deplorable/Incel guys I know is a die hard Eagles fan. This guy can’t cook a meal, talk to women, his mom washes his clothes/meal preps for him, his aunt bought him a house, just an overall NEET male. However, this dude could tell you the 3rd string kicker in on the Eagles in a heartbeat and argue over you to the most particular statistic about football. He is literally one of the most saddest/depressed human beings I have ever met and the Eagles are a decent program.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It has always been part of the sport
it just recently became mainstream.
It's what I meant... now it's mainstream. In a few years head coaches and managers will no longer be judged on winning, but how often they beat the point spread. Meanwhile the greatest baseball player EVER won't get into the HOF because he bet on his own team to win.

Gambling is just stupid. It's actually the dumbest/weakest thing you can do.

When I was a brand new 2LT in the Army, stationed in California, a bunch of friends of mine drove the Vegas on one long weekend. We got there at about 2 AM, and immediately hit the casinos... in the first 15 minutes I lost about $50 playing blackjack, I was done... I have no idea why anyone thinks that BS is fun. That was the first and last time I even went into a casino to gamble. Now I'll go into casinos for networking and business events, and I always see a line of old people sitting in front of fvcking poker or slot machines pumping in their social security checks like mindless idiots.

Then we have the lottery... Jesus... I hate the sh1t too. You can't even go into a 'connivence' store now without waiting in line for some dumb @ss cashing in and buying lotto tickets.

Anyway I'm not saying any of this should be illegal, only that if you are doing this dumb@ss stupid sh1t you need to stop. It just makes you weak like any addition.

Reaction score
When I was a brand new 2LT in the Army, stationed in California, a bunch of friends of mine drove the Vegas on one long weekend. We got there at about 2 AM, and immediately hit the casinos... in the first 15 minutes I lost about $50 playing blackjack, I was done... I have no idea why anyone thinks that BS is fun. That was the first and last time I even went into a casino to gamble. Now I'll go into casinos for networking and business events, and I always see a line of old people sitting in front of fvcking poker or slot machines pumping in their social security checks like mindless idiots.
I fvcking hate Vegas, probably my least favorite city in the country besides Orlando. It felt like the cope city for mindless NPCs.