Apparently these are the best dating sites

M

member160292

Why are you browsing a site intended for women?

lol the Pros for one of them literally says Bunch of Dudes

Last edited by a moderator:

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't know what your background age or experience with women is but don't be so quick to disregard someone who has done their research
No matter what app a woman goes on, she will get tons of matches, even if she’s a 5. Her “research” means nothing to me. That article is for women, not men.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't know what your background age or experience with women is but don't be so quick to disregard someone who has done their research
No matter what app a woman goes on, she will get tons of matches, even if she’s a 5. Her “research” means nothing to me. That article is for women, not men.
The author has a degree in gender studies

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing has really changed in the online dating market for the past 10 years.

All the apps recommend on that article are over 10 years old, with the exception of Bumble being the newest one.
Match.com and OKCupid are over 20 years old.
I'm surprised PlentyofFish wasn't on that list. OKCupid and POF were rivals for the longest time I can remember.

I never hear anyone talk about Eharmony, probably because it's designed for baby boomers and not intended for younger generations.

Too bad Craigslist removed their dating section. That sh!t was free.
I bet no one even remembers Craigslist Personals.

Nothing tops Myspace though.
That site was designed for real social networking, unlike Facebook.
Meeting women was practically effortless on Myspace.
Hands down it was the best practical dating site that ever existed on the internet.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All the swipe apps did were accentuate the worst features of website dating. All the negative trends complained about with the swipe apps were all realities for most men using dating websites circa 2010.

I never hear anyone talk about Eharmony, probably because it's designed for baby boomers and not intended for younger generations.
Eharmony has had a niche for a long time, but it's likely declining. I know one early Millennial formed via Eharmony about 10 years ago. Around 10 years ago, one of my Gen X friends was using it primarily to get laid. It's unlikely anyone who participates regularly on the SoSuave Forums would ever consider Eharmony a choice.

Due to lack of response rates in any online dating website or apps, there needs to be a certain volume of people. I doubt Eharmony has that volume anymore.

I'm surprised PlentyofFish wasn't on that list. OKCupid and POF were rivals for the longest time I can remember.
If you were running game on dating websites in 2005-2013 (when Tinder finally started to get big), this is how you would do it.

You would use both OkCupid and POF to cover your bases on the big free sites. Then, if OkCupid and POF weren't working, you would try Match to see if women were any more serious on a paid site. By doing this, you'd get exposure to nearly every woman in your area using an online dating website.

In thinking about this effort, it was silly. It was always a better move to solely do whatever you could offline. If you messaged a lot of women across 3 websites, you could get more quantity of dates than you'd get offline from mostly any type of approaching effort. However, even though you'd get more dates, they'd mostly be crap dates. If you wanted a 2nd date, a lot of these women would simply either ghost or reject your 2nd date offer. If you weren't pushing for sex on the first date, there would be a good chance you'd not get a 2nd date to push for sex. For men who wanted extended relationships, this wasn't the way to go.

The modern equivalent of this 2005-2013 online based strategy is using Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge simultanously and paying for unlimited swipes on at least 2 of those. I hear it's even more difficult in the past few years to get enough matches to even get the quantity of crap dates that were possible 10 years ago on websites or even 5 years ago on swipe apps.

Hands down it was the best practical dating site that ever existed on the internet.
I used MySpace for finding dates around the time I graduated college in 2005 and moved to a new city. I slid into DMs then and arranged dates. It was easier than doing that on Facebook or even Instagram. Instagram game is really hard to run so I've not even bothered.

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think online dating has been detrimental for both men and women, no one is really benefiting from it. The fact is though, it is not going away, it is the new reality of dating.

I have been on match for about 18 months and I don’t struggle to get dates but it is not really giving me what I want, which is an LTR. Nine months was the longest that I managed, before it fell apart. Dated a lady this summer for 4 months but she has basically given up trying and has all but ghosted me. Been on four dates since then, got another one this evening.

For me I am wondering if OLD will ever give me an LTR. How long should I keep trying, at what point should I just hang up my hat and give up, go MGTOW I guess. There will certainly come a time when I will do that.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think online dating has been detrimental for both men and women, no one is really benefiting from it. The fact is though, it is not going away, it is the new reality of dating.
Women are benefitting more as they are getting free drinks, free meals, other assorted freebies, and attention/validation. However, you have a legitimate point that women who are reliant upon online dating aren't getting the extended relationships that they want from various tech forms of dating.

For me I am wondering if OLD will ever give me an LTR. How long should I keep trying, at what point should I just hang up my hat and give up, go MGTOW I guess. There will certainly come a time when I will do that.
Trying to find an extended relationship from swipe apps or Instagram is poor strategy. If someone wants an extended relationship, that still has to be doing through real world efforts.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

All the apps recommend on that article are over 10 years old, with the exception of Bumble being the newest one.

What happened to craigslist personals why did they remove it?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What happened to craigslist personals why did they remove it?
The stupid and corrupt US congress passed a dumb law that said any web site owner is guilty of human trafficking if such activity happens on their web site. Idk if anyone has ever been prosecuted under that law. The stupid part is that such a thing could happen on any web site that lets people communicate with each other. It is clearly unconstitutional and political grandstanding so politicians can act tough on crime.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The stupid and corrupt US congress passed a dumb law that said any web site owner is guilty of human trafficking if such activity happens on their web site. Idk if anyone has ever been prosecuted under that law. The stupid part is that such a thing could happen on any web site that lets people communicate with each other. It is clearly unconstitutional and political grandstanding so politicians can act tough on crime.
The same thing that happened with backpage?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The same thing that happened with backpage?
I think so. It reminds me of the rave act in the 90s. The feds passed a law that said if you own a building in which a rave occurred and illegal drugs were consumed, then you as the building owner are guilty of all of those drug crimes criminally, and also the feds get to seize your property. If you were a thousand miles away at the time and had no idea about any drugs, too bad, you're still guilty. That law ended the popularity of raves. The funny thing is, it was never enforced a single time. The DEA even issued a statement just a few years ago that said they were never going to act on that law to go after anyone's property.

Lots of laws are unconstitutional, but they cannot be declared so until someone gets punished under them. Often the individual has served their jail sentence in full by the time the law in question has been thrown out by the courts.

RobNeb

Don Juan
Reaction score

I found an awesome FWB on Craigslist and for a Xmas present after fuking her brains out she gave me a big bag of decent green bud. I use to meet lots of girls on POF but it’s almost all fakes and scammers and now I stay with Bumble for good women and Tender for sluts I want to bang.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think so. It reminds me of the rave act in the 90s. The feds passed a law that said if you own a building in which a rave occurred and illegal drugs were consumed, then you as the building owner are guilty of all of those drug crimes criminally, and also the feds get to seize your property. If you were a thousand miles away at the time and had no idea about any drugs, too bad, you're still guilty. That law ended the popularity of raves. The funny thing is, it was never enforced a single time. The DEA even issued a statement just a few years ago that said they were never going to act on that law to go after anyone's property.

Lots of laws are unconstitutional, but they cannot be declared so until someone gets punished under them. Often the individual has served their jail sentence in full by the time the law in question has been thrown out by the courts.
The reason stupid laws like that get passed is because one political party likes to call the other party the "party of crime", and so that other party passes these laws to prove that they are not - then followed years later by the original party trying to win political support with folk screwed over by those bad laws, ad circulum.