Has Amazon and online shopping hurt dating and PUA?

Schwing

Banned
Reaction score
Think about it. Especially for teenagers and the early 20s crowd. Most malls that are remaining are no longer hip and unless you really need something or buying clothes you simply do it online now.

Most malls are dead zones. Here in FL most traditional malls are on their last legs. The outlet malls even those are pretty dead too most of the year now. When I go to malls or the outlet malls I don't see too many teens or college students hanging out or single women shopping.

Even grocery shopping many are using instacart now or curbside pickup at Wal-mart.

Whenever I go to a mall the demographics look totally different than when I was 16 years old.

My best advice for younger people is to meet as many people as you can in college. I don't mean PUA on women but forming social circles and friends as well. Will help when you leave college and having friends because it won't get any easier meeting people in public.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I found the mall to be a challenging approach venue when I was doing mall approaching prior to the pandemic. I had more success in grocery stores than malls during that era.

I think you provide some sound advice IF you can keep those friendships and IF you can keep your college girlfriend for a while post college. Realize that you likely won't be with your college girlfriend when you turn 30. And also realize that after college, most of your college era friends will disappear if you don't live in the same city as them post college.

Schwing

Banned
Reaction score
I found the mall to be a challenging approach venue when I was doing mall approaching prior to the pandemic. I had more success in grocery stores than malls during that era.

I think you provide some sound advice IF you can keep those friendships and IF you can keep your college girlfriend for a while post college. Realize that you likely won't be with your college girlfriend when you turn 30. And also realize that after college, most of your college era friends will disappear if you don't live in the same city as them post college.
Even before Covid most malls were crap. PUA at a mall was quite different in 1998 versus 2015.

Food shopping PUA even worse now that instacart, uber, and curbside is becoming popular since covid. Around 2012 it seems malls really started on the decline overall. Amazon Prime was the final nail for malls.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure but based on my time here in Miami, no. Shopping complexes are crawling with hot girls and I noticed the same in NYC. Women were out and about during the day whether at parks or just out and about in the city. Even during the pandemic I'd see a hot girl or two out in NYC almost every 10 minutes.

As for your advice, I did what you said. I was a former fraternity guy with a massive circle leaving school. TBH, it barely does much. IMO, social circle game makes you lazy and the best women in it are always taken.

Women still go out, attractive women are also found in public, and plenty of them want to step outside. I think you are just making excuses.

Schwing

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure but based on my time here in Miami, no. Shopping complexes are crawling with hot girls and I noticed the same in NYC. Women were out and about during the day whether at parks or just out and about in the city. Even during the pandemic I'd see a hot girl or two out in NYC almost every 10 minutes.

As for your advice, I did what you said. I was a former fraternity guy with a massive circle leaving school. TBH, it barely does much. IMO, social circle game makes you lazy and the best women in it are always taken.

Women still go out, attractive women are also found in public, and plenty of them want to step outside. I think you are just making excuses.
Are these typical malls or the high end shops in Miami? I mean, if it's high end most cities are not going to have the same type of shopping centers Miami has or West Palm Beach. In my region of FL malls are dying. The high end shops down in Naples are like for multi millionaire, old people. You'll run into rich 65 year old women lol who live in Port Royal, The Moorings or Pelican Bay. Think of Judge Judy like women. Btw she had a home in Naples.

Large Tourist meccas like NYC, Miami, etc can't be compared to most cities.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My wife loves going to malls and I love it too. The main reason is it is still chock full of hot young women who seem to dress as provocatively as they can.

i highly enjoy going there to check out the amazing eye candy. Really hot women spend most of their time preparing themselves and the mall is where they do it.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even before Covid most malls were crap. PUA at a mall was quite different in 1998 versus 2015.
You and I are close to the same age. You weren't old enough to be doing PUA at the malls in 1998. I was doing mall approaching in the 2010s. I always found it challenging to capture and retain attention in the malls, even more so than the grocery stores in the 2010s.

based on my time here in Miami...Shopping complexes are crawling with hot girls and I noticed the same in NYC. Women were out and about during the day whether at parks or just out and about in the city.

In the malls I've been to in Dallas, you can still see some attractive women. I wouldn't say that they are overly populated with them. The thing about malls is that there's still decent foot traffic for doing approaches if you can get past the barrier of capturing attention.

Schwing

Banned
Reaction score
You and I are close to the same age. You weren't old enough to be doing PUA at the malls in 1998. I was doing mall approaching in the 2010s. I always found it challenging to capture and retain attention in the malls, even more so than the grocery stores in the 2010s.

In the malls I've been to in Dallas, you can still see some attractive women. I wouldn't say that they are overly populated with them. The thing about malls is that there's still decent foot traffic for doing approaches if you can get past the barrier of capturing attention.
I think bigger metro malls are a bit better. I'm from St. Louis and some of the malls that were crappy or in bad areas have been closed. The ones remaining like West Co, South Co, Galleria, and in St. Charles seem to be doing just fine. last time I was up there before I moved I saw lots of young women in the mall. Again, younger demographics, major city.

West County, the rich area always has hot teens, rich house MILFS walking around, best mall. The one by mean was the smaller one but still it's a great mall compared to anything around here in FL. If you were a young adult I can see running game there.