Never Go on a Date With a Woman Who Demands a Dinner Date

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're kind of missing the point. I've ever heard a rich person brag about owning a Gucci or Chanel. People who "floss" are invariably wannabes pretending to be rich. And rich people certainly don't buy stuff at yard sales, lol.
I live In Miami which is home to the fake rich and I see where you are coming from. When I have been around people who are actual rich (million dollar net worth by 25 and not in debt) and such, I notice that they spend more on experiences such as traveling and trying new things. However, the fake rich or the new show off rich who will go broke soon (example: most pro athletes) spend money at nightclubs and show off wearing fancy things.

It is subtle but once you live in a city like NYC, you can immediately tell who is the real rich (Westchester and Manhattan) versus fake rich (Long Island, Jersey, etc.). You can tell in the way people carry themselves, it is why the saying goes "you can't buy class".

One very telling sign is that the real rich seem to always go to spots that are cool but kind of not recognized. Like the real rich were going to a Tulum before it became the place every Insta Thot and wannabe rich guy flooded into. The real rich are often the trend setters that others, including the fake rich, follow.

The way it goes is that the real rich go to a spot and keep it under the covers, it is kind of like a "only other real rich people know" type of thing. Then word gets out and others catch on. Then the fake rich and wanna be Instagram models flood into the spot so it gets super famous. Then every common guy floods in so now it is just another spot.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The wannabe rich people wear the flashy Gucci/Chanel apparel while the rich wear the subtle Gucci/Chanel apparel. Bottomline, this humble rich person is a myth perpetrated by the 1% to make you look the other way.
It's got nothing to do with modesty. If you get around the world on a private jet, are you really going to take pride in owning a luxury car or wearing expensive sneakers? Do you care about the brand of tissue paper you buy at the store? Neither does Elon Musk care about the brand of his jacket. A rich person might buy a Gucci or something that's worth a fraction of a Gucci. Price is not the deciding factor. Rich people buy stuff because they like it, not because they want to impress others with it. That's what differentiates the rich from the fake-rich. Someone who is fake-rich may take out a loan to buy a $150,000 Porsche but he would never buy a $150,000 painting. Why? Because you are not going to impress an Instagram thot with a $150,000 painting. An actual rich person might buy a $150,000 painting and put it in a room where no one other than himself is going to see it.

True wealth buys you the freedom to not have to pretend or try to impresss others. You don't have to buy branded items to show that you've made it. Everyone in your orbit already knows you are rich. Most luxury brands are actually for average and poor people to live vicariously by pretending to be part of the elite.

Last edited:

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're kind of missing the point. I've ever heard a rich person brag about owning a Gucci or Chanel. People who "floss" are invariably wannabes pretending to be rich. And rich people certainly don't buy stuff at yard sales, lol.
I don't consider myself rich although I have a 7 figure net worth and I earn a several hundred thousand dollar income each year (consistently for 25+ years). Clearly you've not read The Millionaire Next Door. I am more like that. Many people here seem to consider me rich. Am I a millionaire? Yes. A baby one. My net worth is not much compared to someone worth hundreds of millions or billions of dollars. Brag? Laughable. You do not understand wealth or you wouldn't say the things you say.

Real money is quiet money. Not flashy idiots over spending on stupid stuff. Look at how many pro athletes end up broke for example. It has to do with the way you think about money, the way you value it. If you are cavalier towards money you'll repel it in time, like the washed up pro athletes and entertainers. If you value it and value what it takes to earn it over time you'll be more frugal and you'll attract it. But it is difficult for a broke person to grasp that. It's all in the mindset and the management. I come from a quiet money family. You buy things due to quality and you value the investment made in those things.

What you said about art for example is true. I collect art and have for years. The art has gone up in value and I buy it because I love it. My children in fact have commented that although they have been to homes of much wealthier families none of them have art that rivals mine, and I know people with more valuable collections than mine...but the art is for me. For my enjoyment. Actually I am careful about who comes into my residence, partly due to the art there. My car is also bought for me, for my enjoyment. I do NOT care about impressing others although many consider my car impressive. I smile every time I crank the engine and I enjoy a bit of speed therapy at times and I appreciate the quality of the construction, the luxury of it. I'd never spend to impress others.

That's my larger point. I have the total IDGAF attitude about what people think. I do as I do for myself and for the benefit of my family. I have friends who have far more than I do and I do not care because I don't find wealth in and of itself impressive. And spoiling a child with things they have not earned is the fastest way to teach lazy entitlement. My children know what I have is MINE. Period. They were raised this way just as I was. The result is they have work ethic, character, and class. They do not expect handouts. Too many entitled young people do.

Last edited:

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
In Miami, there's a difference between going to Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Friday's, and Applebee's...and going to Nusret's Steakhouse (Salt Bae's restaurant). God damn they charge a lot for that food at Salt Bae's, guys don't get finessed for that. 750 for a meal? Well some simp without standards will gladly sign up...there's a 1/256 chance he'll get box.

Reaction score
It's got nothing to do with modesty. If you get around the world on a private jet, are you really going to take pride in owning a luxury car or wearing expensive sneakers? Do you care about the brand of tissue paper you buy at the store? Neither does Elon Musk care about the brand of his jacket. A rich person might buy a Gucci or something that's worth a fraction of a Gucci. Price is not the deciding factor. Rich people buy stuff because they like it, not because they want to impress others with it. That's what differentiates the rich from the fake-rich. Someone who is fake-rich may take out a loan to buy a $150,000 Porsche but he would never buy a $150,000 painting. Why? Because you are not going to impress an Instagram thot with a $150,000 painting. An actual rich person might buy a $150,000 painting and put it in a room where no one other than himself is going to see it.

True wealth buys you the freedom to not have to pretend or try to impresss others. You don't have to buy branded items to show that you've made it. Everyone in your orbit already knows you are rich. Most luxury brands are actually for average and poor people to live vicariously by pretending to be part of the elite.
I just think you are letting your emotions make you make a false absolute assumption. I cannot tell you how every person spends their money, but I can tell you that there's reason Porsche dealerships are in the wealthier sides of town and not the poor ends. I do have prior experience in auto finance (Aston Martins experience too), and I can fully assure you that Porsche Financial is not handing out $150,000 auto loans to random Joe Blows on the street.

Dating wise, I would advise everyone to look their best especially if you are into cold approaching. I do agree that rich people do not like the flashy looking luxury stuff, but hey that flashy stuff works with a lot of women so if wearing the Polo shirt with the big ass pony is getting you women and positive attention, good for you. It's going to depend on who you are gaming. At the end of the day, you just need some character or flavor about you. If I can look at you and the only thing, I see is that you maybe go to the gym 3 times a week, work an analyst job, and watch netflix at home then you are screwed lol.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

In my experience wealthier people do not think they are wealthy. They just live their normal lives and think everybody else also went to a private school and lives in a beach house. Although I will say that I've never met someone who's actually a full on millionaire.

When it comes to social circle and social life: the people who want to come off as rich and high status are not; and the actually rich high status people want to hide it.

This makes sense because you don't want to attract gold diggers and broke moochers if you're rich, but if you're not rich you do want to bang Instagram models.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just think you are letting your emotions make you make a false absolute assumption. I cannot tell you how every person spends their money, but I can tell you that there's reason Porsche dealerships are in the wealthier sides of town and not the poor ends. I do have prior experience in auto finance (Aston Martins experience too), and I can fully assure you that Porsche Financial is not handing out $150,000 auto loans to random Joe Blows on the street.

Dating wise, I would advise everyone to look their best especially if you are into cold approaching. I do agree that rich people do not like the flashy looking luxury stuff, but hey that flashy stuff works with a lot of women so if wearing the Polo shirt with the big ass pony is getting you women and positive attention, good for you. It's going to depend on who you are gaming. At the end of the day, you just need some character or flavor about you. If I can look at you and the only thing, I see is that you maybe go to the gym 3 times a week, work an analyst job, and watch netflix at home then you are screwed lol.
I'm not sure why you think that I'm emotional. I know more than one person with a Porsche or some similarly expensive car who has a zero or even negative net worth. You don't have to get a loan from Porsche Financial to buy a Porsche. In fact, you don't even have to buy a Porsche from a Porsche dealerships. I am not saying that everyone who buys a Porsche is fake rich. There is no shortage of retired dentists who drive those cars (the average age of a Porsche owner is what - late 60's - early 70's?)

A typical "fake rich" person is someone who makes high five or low sig figures, doesn't own sh!t, and spends 90% of his after tax income on his condo rental, payment on his entry level luxury car, and $1,000 sneakers.

Last edited:

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That’s funny but true @devilkingx2 Everything really is about the landscape you find yourself in which (obviously) colors your perception.

I remember in my 20s when the bubble I lived in was shattered. I had no idea others saw me as privileged, none. I was NOT privileged relative to my peers growing up.

So yeah. Eye opening.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you think that I'm emotional. I know more than one person with a Porsche or some similarly expensive car and has a zero net worth. You don't have to get a loan from Porsche Financial to buy a Porsche. In fact, you don't even have to buy a Porsche from a Porsche dealerships. I am not saying that everyone who buys a Porsche is fake rich. There is no shortage of retired dentists who drive those cars (the average age of a Porsche owner is what - late 60's - early 70's?)

A typical "fake rich" person is someone who makes high five or low sig figures, doesn't own sh!t, and spends 90% of his after tax income on his condo rental, payment on his entry level luxury car, and $1,000 sneakers.
We call those 30,000 dollar millionaires. Pretty funny.

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you think that I'm emotional. I know more than one person with a Porsche or some similarly expensive car and has a zero net worth. You don't have to get a loan from Porsche Financial to buy a Porsche. In fact, you don't even have to buy a Porsche from a Porsche dealerships. I am not saying that everyone who buys a Porsche is fake rich. There is no shortage of retired dentists who drive those cars (the average age of a Porsche owner is what - late 60's - early 70's?)

I know plenty of people driving beat down cars and have zero net worth too. It just seems like you are projecting your jealousy of others to make an emotional based decision. I live right next to the richest part of the city and the poorest part of the city. I went to Whole Foods on the rich side and got my haircut in third ward today. Trust me, I saw more expensive cars on the rich side than I did in Third Ward. Shocker I know lol. I've also seen gamer nerds that haven't groomed a day in their life go to Japan and blow 50k of savings on dolls & figurines. Hell, just go to your local renaissance festival and witness nerds blow 20k on a sword haha. Are they any better than these "fake rich" people? At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what Joe Smith is doing with his paycheck, you should be concerned with only yourself.

Your post reminds me of the boiler room scene where Greg is complaining about the other salesman blowing their paychecks while he's driving a Ferrari lol.

Last edited:

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We call those 30,000 dollar millionaires. Pretty funny.
Whats funny is a 53yr wealthy, intelligent, attractive female who going by her posts has lived an almost perfect and fulfilling life.

Yet still needs to come to an online mens dating forum for bragging and validation.

You talk big like many women I know. Women always talk big until THE GAME hits them in the face.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My fiancé? Asked me out for brunch at a nice place for first date, paid for the date. And he’s a very attractive man 8 years younger. He proposed, ring and all. We marry next summer.
An attractive man should be dating a much younger woman than 8 years older than himself. This is the sign of a dysfunctional dating market.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats funny is a 53yr wealthy, intelligent, attractive female who going by her posts has lived an almost perfect and fulfilling life.

Yet still needs to come to an online mens dating forum for bragging and validation.

You talk big like many women I know. Women always talk big until THE GAME hits them in the face.
Nah. I’m hear to contribute. It’s not bragging if it’s true. You’ll find my content remarkably consistent if you are paying attention.

I have had a good life so far and plan to continue.

Now why that bugs some of you I can’t figure that out. You have an ignore button if what I say disturbs the echo chamber too much.

I’d like to see each of you succeed in life. That’s why I’m here.

M

member160292

An attractive man should be dating a much younger woman than 8 years older than himself. This is the sign of a dysfunctional dating market.
I think BeExcellent has a high SMV so she can attract much younger men. It can go both ways, regardless of what many here will think. Doesn't matter who she is with because I'm 100% sure she qualifies her partner more than most on SS.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You also forgot that the guy is a quasi cuck too since she still has children under 18 living at home. Most 45 year old childless men who have moderately high self worth and SMV either get 5+ year younger women or date women their own age - 5 years younger who are childless.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know plenty of people driving beat down cars and have zero net worth too. It just seems like you are projecting your jealousy of others to make an emotional based decision. I live right next to the richest part of the city and the poorest part of the city. I went to Whole Foods on the rich side and got my haircut in third ward today. Trust me, I saw more expensive cars on the rich side than I did in Third Ward. Shocker I know lol. I've also seen gamer nerds that haven't groomed a day in their life go to Japan and blow 50k of savings on dolls & figurines. Hell, just go to your local renaissance festival and witness nerds blow 20k on a sword haha. Are they any better than these "fake rich" people? At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what Joe Smith is doing with his paycheck, you should be concerned with only yourself.

Your post reminds me of the boiler room scene where Greg is complaining about the other salesman blowing their paychecks while he's driving a Ferrari lol.
You either have an axe to grind or serious reading and comprehension issues. When did I say that rich people drove beat down cars? It seems that no one other than yourself had difficulty understanding my point.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My choices are more limited when you consider the socioeconomic level I require.
Hypergamy at its finest. Women hate dating down in terms of the financials.

I drive a car worth over 100K still at 5 yeas old.
That's an expensive car.

Appreciate that. Essentially after the nightclub business debacle (my ex husband was royally screwed over by his business partner whom he had known since childhood), and to be quite painfully honest the business partner is how I met my first husband, I just felt zero attraction for the business partner, who did meet me first, and did ask me out, but after two dates I was not feeling it at all (I had no desire for him and was being polite to go but never even kissed the guy), a mistake I have not made since...and I declined him further and then of course I ended up with my first husband (his best friend) but I think there was simmering jealousy and animosity because the business partner felt spurned by me and perhaps felt my first husband had been disloyal etc. so he felt justified in screwing over my first husband (the business partner was IN the wedding as a groomsman, mind you). At any rate he weaseled my first husband out of the club, only to lose it to a savvy operator who still owns and runs it and has made a mint with it.
Men are territorial. I can see where the business partner was coming from. Your ex-husband was disloyal to him as a friend. The business partner waited to get revenge for that.

In my own friend group, there were some battles for a couple women in the our general social sphere. I dislike seeing one of the women who I was interested in that ended up with one of my acquaintances from the social circle. I wanted that woman big time and felt that others in the social circle would have been guiding her towards mine. That's territorialism. I had my eye on her for a while via social media but had never orbited by following her on a social network. The first time I ever met her in person, she barely acknowledged me. That whole territorial battle left a bad taste in my mouth even though I have had sex with more physical attractive women with better personalities than her. Things wouldn't have worked out between me and that woman after a few dates anyway but it's the principle of the matter.

Reaction score
You either have an axe to grind or serious reading and comprehension issues. When did I say that rich people drove beat down cars? It seems that no one other than yourself had difficulty understanding my point.
Don't use your emotions to make absolute conclusions. That's all I'm going to say.

Schwing

Banned
Reaction score
I made the dinner/lunch date mistakes with OLD. Waste of money. One was with an HB9 chick that was going well and I slipped and told her too much and the date went south. Another the date went well, 3 hours but she bought the most expensive item on the lunch menu. Another one bought dinner and kept buying more and more drinks for herself.