Why Online Dating Sucks

Reaction score
First and foremost, getting laid on OLD is not hard at all, so if you are having trouble with that then this topic isn't for you.

1). Location matters a lot. OLD is hard to maneuver if you do not live near downtown in a major metropolitan city. Yes, you can do it from the suburbs, but it sucks lol.

2). All of the girls fall under the pick 2 out of 3 Triangle. A). Not Fat/Ugly, B). Lives close by, C). Not permanently emotionally damage/mentally unstable & childless.....Pick 2 lol. The most common scenarios I get are dealing with crazy hot women that are burned out ex cleat chasers or a girl that's nice on paper, but she works a lot and lives at her parents' house all of the way in Bum Frick Egypt lol.

3). The hottest girls you will encounter will always be in public- OLD is full of fatties and hidden land mines that sometimes make you put down the app for a while. Unless you are a hip bartender or something, most of the hot girls you see are going to be outside lol.

4). The Unknown- With Warm Approach and Cold Approach, you kind of have an idea how the girl acts and definitely what she looks like. With OLD, you do not have any verification of the girl. You don't know if this girl is using Old pictures. You don't know if this girl is crazy or not. All you have are possibly outdated pictures and text messages lol.

5). Causes the worst FOMO/Cheating- You can see a hot girl at HEB or Publix, but you will more than likely forget about her after you leave the store. With OLD, it's literally impossible not to have FOMO. You can be with a girl that is satisfying every need, but suddenly you get that notification telling you that you have matched with a spicy Latina chick XD. Are you really going to turn that down lol?

user252009

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yet here I am, not even getting matches with 3's and 4's...YES GETTING LAID ON OLD IS HARD jfc

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First and foremost, getting laid on OLD is not hard at all, so if you are having trouble with that then this topic isn't for you.
You're wrong about this. Male sexlessness tripled from 2008-2018. That's the era in which the swipe apps got big. The most common in-person interaction resulting from a swipe app is "one date, no sex, no second date". You can't say that getting laid on a swipe app is easy. Most men won't have that experience.

1). Location matters a lot. OLD is hard to maneuver if you do not live near downtown in a major metropolitan city. Yes, you can do it from the suburbs, but it sucks lol.
Agree, with most cities. Most metro areas have the most singles closest to the downtown area of the principal city of the metro area.

2). All of the girls fall under the pick 2 out of 3 Triangle. A). Not Fat/Ugly, B). Lives close by, C). Not permanently emotionally damage/mentally unstable & childless.....Pick 2 lol. The most common scenarios I get are dealing with crazy hot women that are burned out ex cleat chasers or a girl that's nice on paper, but she works a lot and lives at her parents' house all of the way in Bum Frick Egypt lol.
Agree. When I used swipe apps, I tended to pick A & B. Not fat/ugly and lives close by. It made sense that I had a lot of bad interactions with emotionally damaged women which affected my own trauma and mental health.

4). The Unknown- With Warm Approach and Cold Approach, you kind of have an idea how the girl acts and definitely what she looks like. With OLD, you do not have any verification of the girl. You don't know if this girl is using Old pictures. You don't know if this girl is crazy or not. All you have are possibly outdated pictures and text messages lol.
This is probably one of the biggest causes of too many garbage quality dates occurring from swipe apps. It's difficult to assess compatibility based on pictures and text messages. Still difficult to assess compatibility based on pictures, text messaging, and a phone call. Also, try getting a Millennial or Gen Z woman on the telephone for a voice chat. Not easy to do. Video chats are gaining popularity with a pre-date interaction and they could be helpful in reducing bad in-person dates, but even they aren't perfect for that.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you cast a wide enough net and have enough experience, you can find women with all three of the OLD triangle, and you can discern who the best prospects are before you even interact with them. As a rule, expect them to look slightly worse than their pics (even though often they will look as good).

Video dates are garbage unless you know for a fact you look on your camera in your home setting, and most guys don't despite having to present themselves optimally for them. Video Dates are also popular with the "impossible-to-please" crowd as well. Women can hide their figure while you can't hide the awkwardness of having to look into a different location from where their face is being displayed.

Assuming you're not ugly, if use your best pics and have decent game most guys can get 5-6's at least if you get them heated up and strike when the iron is hot.

The women who are difficult and/or who have below average mental health you can tell just by looking at them 90% of the time.

Items 1, 3, and 5 from the OP are definitely true.

Last edited:
M

member160292

My ex came over and we got talking about why she deleted Hinge. 98% of the dudes that message her are the same

-Too quick to get the date
-Rapid responses
-No conversation skills

So many offered a coffee date, that’s a no-no. I thought about it and who wants to wake up and get ready for a freakin date at 10am? Many dudes do t know when to walk away, she had dudes follow on on conversations they get no response to. Even one dude left his number and then after a day gave her a fccking call on Hinge!

These the competition fellas. I hope I dropped a few nuggets on not what to do, but most of us know that. OLD should be easy, it’s an incredibly effective way to meet new women with minimal ease if you follow 50% of the DJ principles

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex came over and we got talking about why she deleted Hinge. 98% of the dudes that message her are the same

-Rapid responses
-No conversation skills

So many offered a coffee date, that’s a no-no. I thought about it and who wants to wake up and get ready for a freakin date at 10am? Many dudes do t know when to walk away, she had dudes follow on on conversations they get no response to. Even one dude left his number and then after a day gave her a fccking call on Hinge!

These the competition fellas. I hope I dropped a few nuggets on not what to do, but most of us know that. OLD should be easy, it’s an incredibly effective way to meet new women with minimal ease if you follow 50% of the DJ principles
About half the guys on any app are married, which is probably why they are so desperate.

user252009

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

-Rapid responses
-No conversation skills

So many offered a coffee date, that’s a no-no.
This is what I hate about OLD. People say "close fast, get to setting a date asap before she loses interest", then this ****. Rapid responses are required when you're travelling, as your time is limited in that place. No conversation skills - again, they wanna chitchat and not actually want to go out with you. It's all BS. DON'T listen to what women say, watch what they do - they want you for your attention and to string you along.

Reaction score

-Rapid responses
-No conversation skills

Yeah, but the girls are choosing to go out on dates with con artists or Chads/Tyrones willing to date down to get an easy lay lol.

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, but the girls are choosing to go out on dates with con artists or Chads/Tyrones willing to date down to get an easy lay lol.
Not sure Why it is so controversial that women want to date the best looking guys around on an app, which is entirely based on your looks? If you could **** the hottest girl in the room, would you settle for less?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure Why it is so controversial that women want to date the best looking guys around on an app, which is entirely based on your looks? If you could **** the hottest girl in the room, would you settle for less?
That is precisely the problem. Chads/Tyrones ARE settling for less than the hottest girl in the room and is ruining it for the rest of us.

Reaction score
it's not lol, but I was just making a point that girls aren't just dealing with desperate beta simps on there lol.

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is precisely the problem. Chads/Tyrones ARE settling for less than the hottest girl in the room and is ruining it for the rest of us.
Be positive.

There is an abundance of single women out there and you are not competing with “Chads”. They are in a league of their own. You are competing with the average Joe who has terrible pictures, is overweight and lives in his grandmas basement. That’s the competition. Most of the guys whining and bitching on here and Reddit about lack of likes on online dating are either 1) cave dwelling keyboard jockeys who haven’t seen the Sun light for years, or 2) have to high expectations and cry because they aren’t marching with Megan Fox looking women.