Mental toughness

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What books articles exercises can you recommend for anything regarding mental toughness

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What books articles exercises can you recommend for anything regarding mental toughness
Anything that is intermittent and stressful. Intense fasting, intense exercising, basically anything that tests and exercises your stress response and then having rest periods in between. Chronic stress actually does the opposite of what you are looking for, it actually makes you less vigorous and you learn helplessness.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything that is intermittent and stressful. Intense fasting, intense exercising, basically anything that tests and exercises your stress response and then having rest periods in between. Chronic stress actually does the opposite of what you are looking for, it actually makes you less vigorous and you learn helplessness.
Distance running

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Eli,
" What books articles exercises can you recommend for anything regarding mental toughness"....No Substitute for Lifes Hard Knocks!

plumber

Don Juan
Reaction score
Classic martial arts training is a decent path to learn this. I don't know much about the newer styles, but the old styles will result in increased strength of will and an increased perception of the magnitude of any task.

Often times military men will be mentally tough if they have not been broken. So that is another path to this topic.

Mentally tough with women, only self-respect will do it. No reading alone can protect from the emotional attack of a woman.

Beating addiction, fear, love, or death. No reading can do it. Only an emotion stronger than the addition can crush it.

Jack22

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mental toughness is just how far you're willing to go in order to achieve a certain outcome. You can mess up, but it's all about getting back up, learning from your mistakes, and doing it again and again. When it comes to success, it only really needs to work once.

I'll be leaving the internet for a little while, I need to get my life in proper order which is why I chose this thread. Stay strong, guys.