What to do after I get her number?

doctor1996

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I have heard a plethora of advice from people regarding how to text girls. Some say wait a day after getting her number, others say right away. What do you guys say?

Additionally, why do girls beat around the bush? For instance, I was talking with this girl, and she gave me her number. I did not ask for it, and I sent her a text a couple of hours later... and no response. I sent another one (big mistake I think at least) and she replies "Oh sorry I didn't receive your text.." what a lie. We have been texting each other for the past 3-4 days, and I ask her if she wants to meet up on campus one day, and no response. It has been almost a day. I am sick and tired of these stupid games.

I am not trying to take this rejection personally, but, it is messing with me mentally.

Do I just move on? Do I text her a week later?

I reached my post limit.. Regardless; I have been taking my time texting her. I usually took a day or several hours after I sent two text messages so I did not come off too needy or desperate

Last edited:

Serenity

Reaction score
You're desperate to be that much annoyed by this. A couple of hours was too soon, try a couple of days next time. Never send a second text if you receive no reply.

I sent another one (big mistake I think at least) and she replies "Oh sorry I didn't receive your text.." what a lie.
Some people do actually ignore their phones for extended periods of time.
I am not trying to take this rejection personally, but, it is messing with me mentally.
You are taking this very personally, it's messing with you mentally because you're desperate and see no options.
Do I just move on? Do I text her a week later?
Both. There's no limitation saying you need to wait for a chick before moving on. You may have found someone better in that week's time, but could send one last text just to confirm she's out for good.

doctor1996

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
after you get her number, get another 5 numbers.

one of them is bound to show more interest than the rest

rotate between them all and you will find you dont even have the time nor inclination to text each one back right away and will naturally vet the ones that suck

repeat this for the rest of your life or until you get married
If that is the case, doesn't that mean there's something wrong with me?

Billtx49

Reaction score
After, being denied?
You haven’t been denied jacksh**t. She flaked on your text. May not have seen it after reading the others. You don’t know her daily text quantity.
Call her and get personal. Then you know.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Do you think wait a bit? I feel like if I wait to long, it'll be to late.
It’s been 3-4 days, do what you feel like and let the chips fall where they will, it’s not rocket science, and that’s the game these days.

Last edited:

sph21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a golden advice from Anti-Dump:
He only made ONE mistake. He took her number.

I keep trying to tell you guys when a women INITIATES a date or relationship she is not very serious. Women have a million reasons for asking you out.

Very few are for romantic purposes. This guy blamed himself. That's a shame. THE GIRL HAD LOW INTEREST FROM THE START. Him getting the number the 'easy way' should have alerted him not to take it seriously.

You guys have to keep your EGOS in place. You think you must be fantastic for her to give you her number. It proves you don't know women. WHEN A GUY IS FANTASTIC WOMEN (most) ARE A LITTLE AFRAID to make a move.

They make their moves on guys that are NOT overpowering emotionally. If a woman thinks you are out of her league (above her) she will NOT ask you out.

AD
Just because she gave you her number, it doesn't mean that she's so attracted to you. On the contrary, she is not. You are not her GREAT GUY just because of it. You're just an ordinary man for her. Stop acting desperate.

Next time when you ask for a girl's number and you get it, always ask for a date. Never try to build relationships from text messages or you'll always end up in the friendzone.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Never try to build relationships from text messages or you'll always end up in the friendzone.
The only part of that I agree with, but he’s only trying to get her out.

Serenity

Reaction score
I don't think I should call her.
Insecurity
If that is the case, doesn't that mean there's something wrong with me?
Insecurity
Do you think wait a bit? I feel like if I wait to long, it'll be to late.
Insecurity

I found the problem here, it's insecurity. Makes you hung up on irrelevant details and entirely incapable of seeing a situation for what it is. I'll go easy on you though since you're so young, but you better learn fast if you want to save yourself a great deal of misery.

Whether it's 2 minutes, 2 hours, 2 days or 2 weeks is mostly irrelevant. There is no specific time which is optimal. Your question about this is just a manifestation of your insecurity and fear of loss. The things that will inevitably leads to exactly that, a loss.

Grab your balls, get out there, meet several other girls and stop taking it all so seriously.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do NOT get the number. This will be unexpected, and may serve to pique her interest. You must instead organically organize a date on the spot.

amaterasu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever. If you want to get personal with her, you have to start at that level.
I agree, it is something that most of the beta chumps won't be able to do because they have no guts.

Calling her will make a point that you have the confidence to talk to her and make everything clear.

That is what an Alpha DJ is all about.

Make it short, breif, and clear. Maybe she's just waiting for you to do that and see that you're one of her aces.

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Insecurity

Insecurity

Insecurity

I found the problem here, it's insecurity. Makes you hung up on irrelevant details and entirely incapable of seeing a situation for what it is. I'll go easy on you though since you're so young, but you better learn fast if you want to save yourself a great deal of misery.

Whether it's 2 minutes, 2 hours, 2 days or 2 weeks is mostly irrelevant. There is no specific time which is optimal. Your question about this is just a manifestation of your insecurity and fear of loss. The things that will inevitably leads to exactly that, a loss.

Grab your balls, get out there, meet several other girls and stop taking it all so seriously.
This All the way, Some members are a blessing.... embrace This information

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job on the number, but realize that it really doesnt mean much these days. Its simple...you text her a few times and then ask her out. If she agrees AND meets then you should assume her interest level is relatively high. If she doesnt or flakes then assume is lukewarm to low.

Do not for one second think that because you got her number you are going to 100% meet up with her. You might but you might not...getting numbers doesnt mean much of anything these days. If not then do not make the mistake of thinking because you got her number you should keep "working on her", you disregard her and find more interested women.

doctor1996

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job on the number, but realize that it really doesnt mean much these days. Its simple...you text her a few times and then ask her out. If she agrees AND meets then you should assume her interest level is relatively high. If she doesnt or flakes then assume is lukewarm to low.

Do not for one second think that because you got her number you are going to 100% meet up with her. You might but you might not...getting numbers doesnt mean much of anything these days. If not then do not make the mistake of thinking because you got her number you should keep "working on her", you disregard her and find more interested women.
What do you mean by working her? I asked her if she wants to meet up this week, yesterday, but she never responded.

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah more options is the key. But women also do this and your options often dissapear.
I struggled for years until I found my way of approaching and handling myself around women. Falling down
What do you mean by working her? I asked her if she wants to meet up this week, yesterday, but she never responded.
So she clearly has no interest in you. Read the DJ bible and lurk some more on this forum. Approach, approach, approach, it's going to be a rollercoaster but eventually you get there if you stick to what you learn here.