Mc Gregor v Mayweather

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I'm just annoyed that Mayweather is only doing his to beat Rocky Marciano's record. THAT guy was the true legend who deserved to be undefeated. Mayweather? He deserves to get his ass kicked. Bummer he won. Never knew it was possible to be a pro boxer and be a ***** at the same time. He turned it into a game, not a fight.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What a fvcking joke. How can you have a stoppage in boxing without a knockdown? We just watched some pro rasslin wwe sh!t. That wasn't a fight, it was a scripted acting job.
Its far from unheard of for a fight end a TKO without a knockdown now.

The stoppage was correct IMO. McGregor was gassed and out on his feet.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
conor got a new fan tonight in me. i love this dude lol.

what i got out of that fight is this. that ring girl is the baddest woman iv'e ever seen in my life. sorry babe lol. she got you beat

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Saw the replay... Connor stood up like a champ but he was totally outclassed.

It just shows in how Mayweather is.... and not even a ounce of sweat after the match.

During the Match, Mayweather was soo fast in a punch you barely saw his arm... and Connor face was in shock.... than the next punch he's REALLY SLOW

Right call from the boxing referee likely with Mayweather help (you could see Mayweather was calculating to give a good show in his punch)

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Saw the replay... Connor stood up like a champ but he was totally outclassed.

It just shows in how Mayweather is.... and not even a ounce of sweat after the match.

During the Match, Mayweather was soo fast in a punch you barely saw his arm... and Connor face was in shock.... than the next punch he's REALLY SLOW

Right call from the boxing referee likely with Mayweather help (you could see Mayweather was calculating to give a good show in his punch)
Right again!

Mayweather knocked the lucky charms out of Conman Mcbeggars asss!!!

And the fight only lasted that long because Mayweather wanted to put on a good show.

Great fight nonetheless..

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right again!

Mayweather knocked the lucky charms out of Conman Mcbeggars asss!!!

And the fight only lasted that long because Mayweather wanted to put on a good show.

Great fight nonetheless..
If i see GSP, in the next week, i'll ask him what he thought of the fight

Connor is clearly preparing an ''after-career'' and won't dissapear like GSP did, to come back after into some shady fight for money (or like Mayweather now lol)

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
McGregor impressed. He was better than I thought and proved his toughness wasn't all yap. He won himself a lot of fans and has secured a future for himself and family both economically and occupationally (he's got great yap afterall).

Mayweather was himself. Defensive and tactical. McGregor didn't have an answer for his curling (a legal, boxing one anyway) and his cardio was, once again, second to none.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry but for the guys who are saying good for McGregor for going 10 rounds either you don't know anything about boxing or you didn't know that mayweather played with him for the first 4 rounds.

Floyd could have punished him in the begenning, but he was making it a great fight and he knew pepole wanted their money worth and not a quick fight............Floyd is in his 40's fighting against a guy in his 20 that is impressive

I salute a legendary fighter as Floyd

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
revisionist history. that's what i hate about boxing people

mcgreggor was unorthodox as hell. had mayweather rushed in he would have gotten his clock cleaned. in that time, conner won some rounds.

people lose track of the factr 1. mcgreggor has a boxing backgroud and 2. he's a ****ing MMA champion people act like he just can't protect himself when he's not gassed

mayweather even admitted he made him do something he wasn't used to doing.

and he really o8uught to be ashamed of himself for even letting it go 10 rounds if he considered himself to be the best of all time. you are smoking some good **** if you think Conor could go 10 rounds with Sugar ray Robinson. ;Dude literally killed a guy in the ring

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
McGregor impressed. He was better than I thought and proved his toughness wasn't all yap. He won himself a lot of fans and has secured a future for himself and family both economically and occupationally (he's got great yap afterall).

Mayweather was himself. Defensive and tactical. McGregor didn't have an answer for his curling (a legal, boxing one anyway) and his cardio was, once again, second to none.
Good point. I think that Mcgreggor made a mistake in trying to gauge Mayweathers reach, that actually backfired. He would have been better off letting Mayweather guess the distance instead of leading an almost stationary right.

Quite often when he did this he also tended to drop his left hand allowing Mayweather an opening to pivot around his extended arm and pop him.

Although, I get his logic going from southpaw(I'm southpaw myself) to orthodox, but it became too predictable. I actually believe it would have worked to his advantage later in the fight, but he appeared to be too gassed out..

Mcgregor simply lacked the foot work to try this technique against someone like Mayweather and if you watched his feet close enough he actually tripped himself up a few times too. And if you were paying attention you'd notice that Mcbeggar started gasing out around the end of the 5th round and most definitely noticeable by the 6th! o_O

Which tends to lend to my theory that there are different types of conditioning which is also heavily dependant on muscle memory, just like Mayweather would probably gas out quicker doing Mma..

Oh yea, one more thing.. Ain't no way Mayweather is 5'8, either that or Mcgregor is actually 5'10.5.

My eyes tell me 5'6 vs 5'9, Mcgregor towers over him, anyone else notice this discrepancy?

But again i felt it was enjoyable! ☝

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen Mayweather in person before actually at a strip club we got a mutual accaintence. He's shorter than me I'm 5'7 3/4ths. Not by much. He probably 5'7 even

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually ended up with less respect for McGregor after the fight. Gassing out is a disgrace, especially for a professional. Did he even train for this fight? He looked like he just showed up to goof around and get his money. This fight was like two buddies sparring in the gym.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Win/win for both. I thought both guys handled with class.

McGregor landed some pretty brutal blows, more than most actual boxers do. And he pretty much proved that he could go a long way in a boxing match, and also showed that he'd have killed Mayweather in the octagon. Win for boxing and a win for MMA.

I got access to it for free, so I did change my mind and watch it. Enjoyed it too. Good show.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually ended up with less respect for McGregor after the fight. Gassing out is a disgrace, especially for a professional. Did he even train for this fight? He looked like he just showed up to goof around and get his money. This fight was like two buddies sparring in the gym.
Agreed. McGregor gained a LOT of weight between the weigh in & the fight. That certainly can't have helped his stamina. He also wasn't prepared for Floyd to start walking him down. He thought the fight could be won from the outside.

I found it very interesting that Floyd apologised for the Pacquaio fight.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. He even said some things later that implied he didn't spend enough time training and that his sparring matches eased up in later rounds.

What I wouldn't give to see them both in the octagon next!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I wouldn't give to see them both in the octagon next!
IMO McGregor would kill Maryweather in the octagon. Floyd would have to learn too many new skills to be able to compete. I would think it would be easier for Conor to learn to box than for a boxer to learn MMA. To learn boxing, there are certainly new skills to learn, but he also had to pare down a lot (like the kicking and elbows). Not trying to underrate the boxing skillset here - Maryweather was a master and we saw what happened.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO McGregor would kill Maryweather in the octagon.
He could beat him with both hands tied behind his back in an mma fight. I am not kidding. I had it done to me in training on my first night....by a female fighter....she beat me without using her arms. That is some embarrassing sh!t, to get beaten up by a girl who was just using her legs, but it shows the difference in trained versus untrained people.

Boxing is its own unique chess match, and the judge's scoring is even more cryptic than mma. Mayweather's biggest skill as a fighter, for which I have to respect him, is that he seems to understand the judge's scoring better than anyone. He knows which punches score, versus the ones that don't. A few of my mma friends have taken boxing matches. They always seem to lose. The refs in boxing also stop fights much more quickly than in mma, much like what we saw recently. I think intentionally eating punches that don't hurt is a valid fight strategy, but boxing frowns upon it. The UFC loves a bloodbath and obviously instructs their refs accordingly...unless it's a girl fight. No one likes to see a woman bleed.

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The refs in boxing also stop fights much more quickly than in mma, much like what we saw recently.
Yes, I think Mayweather shouldn't have been stopped, it would been real nice to see Mcbeggar knocked slap out!!! :up: