Mc Gregor v Mayweather

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/boxing/new...-if-he-attempt-mma-moves-vs-floyd-mayweather/

What a fvcking joke. If you were thinking of spending money to watch this fight, don't bother. I can tell you ahead of time what will happen. Mayweather will tap-tap-hug his way to a judge's decision, which is how he has become the highest paid athlete in the world - by being the biggest pvssy in the sport of boxing.

If Mayweather were a real fighter, he would at least have compromised on the rules by agreeing to kick-box, which is an obvious middle ground between boxing and mma.

Hypothetically, if you were outnumbered in a back-alley street fight, but could choose one pro fighter to be on your side, would anyone in the world pick Mayweather? I would take Mike Tyson in the shape he is in right now over Mayweather. I'd also take Chris Cyborg or even Rhonda Rousey over him. I think the highest-paid male fighter in the world would lose in a real fight with a woman. That's just pathetic.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
McGregor has serious balls though. He's not afraid to lose.
I agree. Mayweather is the scared one. That's why he gives more hugs than Barney the Purple Dinosaur.

In the original Marquis of Queensbury rules of boxing, there were only four or five rules. One of them was NO STALLING. Mayweather is only a champion because we stopped enforcing that rule.

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, it's a joke alright. I'm ashamed of mayweather even giving this guy a chance.
What makes McGregor so special as to not have to climb the ranks first like anybody else would before they got a shot at a top contender?o_O

Mayweather is one step away from beating Marcianos record. Strange that he went into retirement first before taking that last shot, or was he waiting for easy prey like McGregor? Lol :D

He (mcgregor) is not a boxer so he will get demolished. It is what it is and there is nothing unfair about it, mcgregor knows the deal going in and hes going to be filthy rich after this, MMA audience will grow and Mayweather will be even richer than he is now.

Its a win, win for everbody except...

Mcgregor or hell anyone always has a sluggers chance and to be honest if he gets lucky (because thats what he'd have to be to win) Mayweather is the one that stands to lose here. So barring Mayweather throwing the fight, getting poisoned, getting hurt before the fight, or the judges getting paid off its a no-brainer!!

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah this is nothing but another easy payday for Mayweather and a way for him to get 50-0.

Then, on the UFC/Dana White side, it's a way to make MMA bigger than what it already is.

Nice promotional effort, but it's just a joke in my opinion. I'm wondering what the undercard is going to be? I probably will order this, or take a chick to a Sports Bar and watch it.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah this is nothing but another easy payday for Mayweather and a way for him to get 50-0.

Then, on the UFC/Dana White side, it's a way to make MMA bigger than what it already is.

Nice promotional effort, but it's just a joke in my opinion. I'm wondering what the undercard is going to be? I probably will order this, or take a chick to a Sports Bar and watch it.
Why is it a good move for MMA, if McGregor gets his arse kicked?

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd have serious balls too for a cool $100 million
This is why I'll never pay money to watch this crap. I have a hard time paying for ANY sporting event in the country now, outside of an occasional baseball game. People getting rich off the dumb middle class, medicating themselves on beer, wings and sports.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unlike Maryfeather, Conner is going into this to prove a point. He wont dance around the ring like a chump, he is on a mission.

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

WTF!!!!:rolleyes:

He needs to stop fuucking around, this dude is going to get fuucked up BAD maybe even brain damaged!

This mother fuucker cannot box. I've seen better from new guys at my gym, I'm amazed because McGregor HAS boxed before earlier in life. Unless...

He's actually HIDING his skills.. To make Floyd think he has no boxing skills(so Floyd wont train hard), some thing about this is starting to smell fishy..:confused:

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
WTF!!!!:rolleyes:

He needs to stop fuucking around, this dude is going to get fuucked up BAD maybe even brain damaged!
Admittedly this is embarrassing..........that some people don't know the difference between sparring and fighting.

There's a reason why when you enter a ring for an actual fight and they call out your fighting record, they don't include
your "sparring record". Hint: Sparring is training.

You do not plan for your sparring partner like you would for an actual real fight. Sparring is about honing your skills, trying new things,
working on your weaknesses. There are some people in the gym that you'll avoid sparring simply because they are not good sparring partners.....they get too emotional and think it's an actual real fight......there are some sparring partners who are brilliant as they'll try to expose and make you aware of any holes in your defense for example. Sparring is never about going all out like you would in a fight. Granted you build trust with certain sparring partners and can turn it up a notch.

The above poster must have brain damage if he cannot figure out the difference between sparring and fighting. Probably from all the car park fights he was on or from all the crack he smoked. I bet he couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag.

This mother fuucker cannot box.
Anyone that knows anything, can clearly see from his fights that he has elite level skills. Speed and precision.

You just don't like the guy, old man.

Watch it and get mad jealous

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Admittedly this is embarrassing..........that some people don't know the difference between sparring and fighting.

There's a reason why when you enter a ring for an actual fight and they call out your fighting record, they don't include
your "sparring record". Hint: Sparring is training.

You do not plan for your sparring partner like you woAuld for an actual real fight. Sparring is about honing your skills, trying new things,
working on your weaknesses. There are some people in the gym that you'll avoid sparring simply because they are not good sparring partners.....they get too emotional and think it's an actual real fight......there are some sparring partners who are brilliant as they'll try to expose and make you aware of any holes in your defense for example. Sparring is never about going all out like you would in a fight. Granted you build trust with certain sparring partners and can turn it up a notch.

The above poster must have brain damage if he cannot figure out the difference between sparring and fighting. Probably from all the car park fights he was on or from all the crack he smoked. I bet he couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag.

Anyone that knows anything, can clearly see from his fights that he has elite level skills. Speed and precision.

You just don't like the guy, old man.

Watch it and get mad jealous

Dude, you are RETARDED. This dude can not box period, you cant box either otherwise, you wouldn't be defending this nonsense. MMA and boxing are two different skill sets.

If you call getting beat upside the head sparring then so be it, we can make wagers in who would win if you'd like, but this dude face is gonna be more fuucked up than yours already is.

Again mr fruity loops, the offer I extended to you is still available coward! I don't have time to waste, either shut your mouth or I will shut it for you. Again what state are you in I'm Texas, what state are you in lets make arrangements. I had you on ignore, but I see you like stalking people. So I'm guessing you're some type of serial killer huh, LOL..

I back down from no one, I've been in several street fights, most ended badly for the other person and I lost one and learned from my mistake..

But, I'm willing to bet that you've never had a real fight in your life.

I took you off ignore, HOWEVER I decided its time to teach you a very important life lesson or CLOWN you into oblivion!

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Listen Reykel I'm willing to make another wager, besides a boxing match(which I'm willing to admit that I have the advantage there) but I will stop posting here if McGregor wins, if Floyd wins then you need to stop posting.

Mods can you agree to this?

PLEASE BAN MY USERNAME IF MCGREGOR WINS. PLEASE BAN REYKEL IF FLOYD WINS, SOUNDS FAIR!

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its all promotions and show...

I bet it will go to a ''DRAW''

Connor will impress but FloydMayweather will control him...

Both want to ''win'', make money, promote the ''Sport''

So everyone expect Connor to make a show, impress (like Rocky Balboa) but not win ""underdog''

Everyone knows Mayweather a machine at boxing and plays the rule against his opponents...

Both can't afford to lose... but a draw is a win for Connor and safe bet for Mayweather

Now, if Mayweather win... everyone will say Boxing is better than MMA

ViceVersa for Connor.

It's gonna be like people saying BJJ is the best Martial Arts because its UFC approved... have yet to see a BJJ guy do anything good on the street.... yet their ''black belt'' are now considered ''official skills'' compared to any guy who have a black belt in any other martial art.

It's a big show... people will buy... because Games and Wine = way to govern the people

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm already seeing a lot of articles by snooty, east-coast writers who are using this as an opportunity to rant about mma not being a real sport. Hell, mma was still illegal in New York State up until last year.

Takedowns and kicks are what make mma different when standing toe-to-toe and throwing. Kicking range is farther away than punching, so the fighters tend to stand farther apart. And takedowns make one not be able to commit as much to a punch. It is really hard to punch someone in the face when they can just slip under the punch and tackle you, because your momentum is going forward with the punch. There are also no timeouts for hugging, which is Mayweather's greatest skill. Muay Thai kickboxing rules continue to fight from the clinch. Even the more tame K1 rules allow trips, throws, and slams, but just don't award points for it, so you don't see it that often. Mayweather ought to get his ass slammed on the canvas every time he tries to hug. That would make the fight a lot more real.

My pick for a super-fight would have been McGregor kickboxing with Manny Pacqiao. I think that would be a much better fight than the circus act that we will have with Maywweather.