Working full time on a career while building an attractive lifestyle, thoughts?

ThePlayedList

Banned
Reaction score
A lot of us in our 20s are going to be working full time after college to pay off loans and to build our careers but at the same time, we also have the weekends to ourselves and it is not like college where you have homework and papers due.

I have long thought of starting a side gig in the service industry, bartender or something on the side eventually, because it would help out with getting laid but there are a lot of bitter old dudes who have a grudge against the service industry (likely because they got blown out a lot at bars).

My thought overall is, we work full time as men, what can we do on the side that is fun but also attractive our lifestyle while working full time?

I want to bartend or work in the service industry on the side but would like to hear your thoughts.

AlphaNate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to work in the service industry to help you get laid, and you're afraid of bitter old men hating on you.

These are both concerning. Straighten out your priorities.

Reaction score
You want to work in the service industry to help you get laid, and you're afraid of bitter old men hating on you.

These are both concerning. Straighten out your priorities.
I think he was more concerned about bitter old posters on here coming into the thread and not actually answering the question but hating on bartenders, nightlife, and the service industry.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of us in our 20s are going to be working full time after college to pay off loans and to build our careers but at the same time, we also have the weekends to ourselves and it is not like college where you have homework and papers due.

I have long thought of starting a side gig in the service industry, bartender or something on the side eventually, because it would help out with getting laid but there are a lot of bitter old dudes who have a grudge against the service industry (likely because they got blown out a lot at bars).

My thought overall is, we work full time as men, what can we do on the side that is fun but also attractive our lifestyle while working full time?

I want to bartend or work in the service industry on the side but would like to hear your thoughts.
Dude you think bartenders, bottle girls, hosts promoters, DJs & security make a living doing just that job?
You'd be shocked the careers some of these people have. That guy pouring up drinks could quite possibly be an engineer by day.
That hot bottle girl could quite possibly be a registered nurse Monday-Friday.

Unless they live in Vegas(Where a bartender can make $100,000 a year by the way)
Or work in one of the top 3 clubs in the country they all have day jobs or are students.

Think of it this way:
A.) You can be around hot girls and make connections with men of high status while spending a ton of cash in bars and clubs

Or

B.) You can find away into the industry and
be around hot girls and make connections with men of high status while making EXTRA cash.

If you work every Friday and Saturday bartending and make $100 in tips and save every dime, that's an extra $10,500 at the end of the year.

I say go for it.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude you think bartenders, bottle girls, hosts promoters, DJs & security make a living doing just that job?
You'd be shocked the careers some of these people have. That guy pouring up drinks could quite possibly be an engineer by day.

Unless they live in Vegas(Where a bartender can make $100,000 a year by the way)
Or work in one of the top 3 clubs in the country they all have day jobs or are students.

Think of it this way:
A.) You can be around hot girls and make connections with men of high status while spending a ton of cash in bars and clubs

Or

be around hot girls and make connections with men of high status while making EXTRA cash.

If you work every Friday and Saturday bartending and make $100 in tips and save every dime, that's an extra $10,500 at the end of the year.
Which could pay for one hell of a vacation, go towards paying your car off or added to your retirement savings..

I say go for it.

Trainwreck

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Think of it this way:

Or

Which could pay for one hell of a vacation, go towards paying your car off or added to your retirement savings..

I say go for it.
spending my weekends serving drunk a$$holes doesn't seem worth $10500 to me lol.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Being a bartender (or wine sommelier, etc) is a great idea. You'll earn money at a time you would normally spend money, and you'll be guaranteed to meet women. Every dollar you pay that loan down with is huge compounded savings.

My best friend is a bartender and it's pretty much known that all the girls who work there sleep with him (two openly, and for a whole year now) and he's not all that good looking (according to women I've asked) and is pretty broke. It's a power position thing.

This is why I became a photographer (I posted about this in early 2016). The photographer/model relationship is dreamlike. Up there with director/actress and songwriter/singer. You want to be in a position of power where they work for you and they naturally fall.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
If you can't get in at a bar or club initially for your part time gig, a restaurant with some attractive 20something staff is a decent choice too.

Restaurants are staff orgies. Most are secretly hooking up. I know some people that own and/or work at restaurants. The busboy is F-the waitress; the bartender is F-ing the hostess; the cook is F-ing the girl assembling the pizza boxes lol.

A restaurant with a bar is pretty good.

Then take your service industry experience to the bar/club or stay in a good restaurant.

Last edited:

ThePlayedList

Banned
Reaction score

Think of it this way:

Or

I say go for it.
Ya but how do you get it?

They all seem to want experience and I don't have any.

Also, if my aim is a nightclub, how old is too old to consider starting a bartending gig there?

ThePlayedList

Banned
Reaction score
Being a bartender (or wine sommelier, etc) is a great idea. You'll earn money at a time you would normally spend money, and you'll be guaranteed to meet women. Every dollar you pay that loan down with is huge compounded savings.

My best friend is a bartender and it's pretty much known that all the girls who work there sleep with him (two openly, and for a whole year now) and he's not all that good looking (according to women I've asked) and is pretty broke. It's a power position thing.

This is why I became a photographer (I posted about this in early 2016). The photographer/model relationship is dreamlike. Up there with director/actress and songwriter/singer. You want to be in a position of power where they work for you and they naturally fall.
Now this, this is the bigneil I want to hear more from!

I would like to get into model photography in the future but for now I am set on trying to get that bartending gig but all suggest starting as barback, these positions seem tough as hell to get.

ThePlayedList

Banned
Reaction score
If you can't get in at a bar or club initially for your part time gig, a restaurant with some attractive 20something staff is a decent choice too.

Restaurants are staff orgies. Most are secretly hooking up. I know some people that own and/or work at restaurants. The busboy is F-the waitress; the bartender is F-ing the hostess; the cook is F-ing the girl assembling the pizza boxes lol.

A restaurant with a bar is pretty good.

Then take your service industry experience to the bar/club or stay in a good restaurant.
Will look into this option as well when I get the chance, my fear is time running out, late 20s guy here trying to make the most of these last 2 or 3 years man!

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Ya but how do you get it?

They all seem to want experience and I don't have any.
Be a regular at a place for 2 months until everyone knows you.

I have been hanging out at that Starbucks (this morning I got there at 5am and there is nobody there so you can talk to all of the staff). It's a good thing to get on a first name basis with the people you do business with. I'm on the road so I don't take for granted when someone calls me by name (always a huge milestone when you move to a new city, the first time you hear your name).

That would be a good place to work also IMO. Open 5am to 10pm 7 days a week.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a natural alpha position, where the girl automatically looks up to you. One classic example of this is the college professor and the female student - this kind of relationship was shown in the old movie The Nutty Professor. Modern society sees the professor/student relationship as predatory now, however. It is seen as an abuse of power on the professor's part. I think it is even illegal in some states. Personally I think this is just feminism sticking its nose in natural situations again.

My question is why is that relationship demonized when there are so many other examples of essentially the same thing which are not (like the examples Neil gave)?

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
This is a natural alpha position, where the girl automatically looks up to you. One classic example of this is the college professor and the female student - this kind of relationship was shown in the old movie The Nutty Professor. Modern society sees the professor/student relationship as predatory now, however. It is seen as an abuse of power on the professor's part. I think it is even illegal in some states. Personally I think this is just feminism sticking its nose in natural situations again.

My question is why is that relationship demonized when there are so many other examples of essentially the same thing which are not (like the examples Neil gave)?
I just went out tonight and a gorgeous girl came up and knew my name. I asked her if she had any tattoos and she said no. It was her second night at that strip club. Her birthday was the day I took my girlfriend to audition there (and she got hired but never took the job). Born the same year. She said she would love to do modeling and gave me her number. Get this - it ends with the same last 4 digits as my girlfriend!

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
People seem to have overlooked the #1 thing about my relationship: the most important thing for a man to do is make his women feel beautiful. What could make a girl feel more beautiful than being dressed up in iconic outfits and photographed and seeing her ratings be off the charts? Prove how beautiful they are, don't just tell them.

Also, NOTHING makes women more angry than seeing men who are older than them dating women who are younger than them. They will be the rudest, most vile creatures you ever met when that happens (ironically proving why men prefer younger, sweeter, more attractive, less demanding women with less baggage).

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go for it. @cola has a great thread going on it. My ex husband was in the nightclub business & it is a blast if you are a nightlife person.

It is fun to be "cool" and known about town. My ex & I joke about how we "used to be cool"...it's funny.

If you get offered to bar back somewhere worth working do it. You will end up starting to bartend, but take the course for whatever jurisdiction you are in so you are trained when the opportunity to pick up a shift arises, because it will.

I know an IT professional who bartends one night a week at a high end venue that I frequent occasionally. He knows everybody and makes great connections.

So sure, do it. One of my oldest pals is a GM in Vegas. Works in an exclusive venue. Years ago he started bussing tables to make ends meet. He's very smart & very ambitious. He's now the big boss. So you can do it on the side or make it your career or business.

ThePlayedList

Banned
Reaction score
Be a regular at a place for 2 months until everyone knows you.

I have been hanging out at that Starbucks (this morning I got there at 5am and there is nobody there so you can talk to all of the staff). It's a good thing to get on a first name basis with the people you do business with. I'm on the road so I don't take for granted when someone calls me by name (always a huge milestone when you move to a new city, the first time you hear your name).

That would be a good place to work also IMO. Open 5am to 10pm 7 days a week.
Thank you Big Neil!