What is the harshest red pill truth you have learned?

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's kind of funny that there are so many complaints about women not being reliable, when this forum pushes the idea that men shouldn't commit.
What do you by commit - marriage? You are signing a LEGAL document where you are emotionally, financially, physically and socially responsible for her for the rest of your life. She can emotionally and financially abuse you and you can't get out of it without paying hefty penalties to her and family.

Plus, you are fully committing to an, for lack of a better word, asset, that depreciates in value like a used car and costs more to maintain. Is this a good option for a man?

If you are making a lot of money living in a nice house with your wife, then get fired and had to downgrade and rent a 1 bedroom for the next 5 years, you seriously think the women would be reliable and stick it out? She would move on faster than you can imagine. So much for "love."

There is no such thing as a reliable woman if it doesn't benefit for. Woman doesn't love you for "you" and it's never personal. She loves what you can do for her. I'm not saying don't get married. It could make your life fantastic. Just look at cost/benefit factors to it.

It's too cynical to say that there is no such thing as love, or whatever. If a woman highly values her man, she will prize him, believe me.
Fair enough, but only if it benefits her. o_O

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you by commit - marriage?
In this case, "commit" can mean anything you want it to. For what it's worth, I will not enter into marriage because I think it is a poor risk as it exists today. I am currently in an exclusive relationship, however.

My point was: Since this forum is so anti-commitment, why are there so many complaints about women not being reliable? Why would the typical "DJ" care, when he doesn't believe in monogamy, and is out spinning plates until the day he dies?

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think this forum is anti commitment, I think the issue is even when the guy grants exclusivity and holds his end up in the relationship the woman's always lining those branches up.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
My point was: Since this forum is so anti-commitment, why are there so many complaints about women not being reliable?
As above, I don't think the forum is anti commitment. If the man loves commitment, we say go for it as long as it's BEST for him.

Why would the typical "DJ" care, when he doesn't believe in monogamy, and is out spinning plates until the day he dies?
Again bro, I don't think the forum has said screw monogamy. It has said if monogamy is best for you, go ahead. If you want to emotionally and physically commit to one woman, go ahead. Just don't be upset when she doesn't reciprocate because there is NOTHING consistent about women.

That's why we keep preaching "spin plates." Have fun with them, date them, have set with them, but dont let a woman affect your emotions, your health, your life by emotional manipulation or threats. Your purpose on this earth should much higher.

ThePlayedList

Banned
Reaction score
The most personal one for me has been race/ethnicity.

I have learned to see as a Hispanic guy with brown skin that there are certain parts of the US where my white friends will be able to get hot girls and I won't (eg: Arizona, Colorado, and Nevada). I've also learned that in order for me to do well with attractive women, I would have to pay close attention to my location and the kind of environment I am in while my white friends don't have to worry about that as much.

And I have learned to see that no matter what act most white girls put on, quite a few of the younger ones are strongly against going for certain races.

AlexKaiser

Don Juan
Reaction score
The red pill that was hardest to swallow was the one that that taught me this:

That staying away from alcohol, because I don't want to end up like my alcoholic family members, was the worst decision I ever made. Alcohol is the one key to ****ing easy girls I will never have access to.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think this forum is anti commitment, I think the issue is even when the guy grants exclusivity and holds his end up in the relationship the woman's always lining those branches up.
Depends on who you ask. There is Pook's often quoted example of how men are wild, beautiful birds - and who wants a bird who would willingly fly into a cage? If a bird will not "willingly" fly into a cage, I don't see how a woman is going to be able to force him. If you look at what he's saying at face value there, it's "Don't commit". Why would a wild, beautiful bird care if a woman is reliable or not?

Then there is all the talk about how monogamy is not natural for males, that one is widely accepted. I happen to think that one is nonsense, there is nothing unnatural about pair bonding. Guys come here suffering from "oneitis", they get that without putting in any effort at all, if that's not natural, I don't know what it is. Although when I talk about monogamy, I'm not talking about lifelong monogamy. I just mean that there are times in one's life when one might choose to be monogamous, for whatever reason.

Even if you were to say that the forum was not anti-commitment, you can't argue that it doesn't at least favor plate spinning. Which is not surprising, considering the age of most guys here.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure it's a wide church. However that's different from saying the whole forum is anti commitment. A lot of the guys here are interested in having a steady girlfriend and they use spinning plates as the selection process. If you withdraw attention from the PIA ones and redistributed to the girls who are well behaved by default you end up selecting for Good Girls. Build up your life as we universally espouse here. Bit of game to spice things up in the early relationship bit of dread game in the ltr and you're good to go.

Past that I go with Doc love - a woman needs pampering romance and variety. If you're not willing to pay the tax you can't have a successful ltr.

Overall my view of the forum is that it's a diverse community and a great tool box. And it's not just about age and stages of life. The wheel turns. Today I am in an ltr. It might end tomorrow and by the weekend I might be looking up some of Espi s old threads on mall game and OLD to get my numbers up and shake the rust off.