Two rules of David X

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Came across this guy years ago, but every time I see a thread asking "why did she say this?" or "why did she do that?" These two simple rules seem to rise to the surface like smoke.....

Such a simple yet powerful frame:

1. Who cares what she thinks
2. The most important person in the relationship is you

I remember a few reactions to these two "rules" where like "oh come on, that's a bit selfish, isn't it?" and the like........

.....his response was simple and to the point:
"you can be sure, that's the way your woman is thinking"

A simple little reframe to keep a man grounded in his own reality and avoid getting sucked into the woman's frame and drama.

greatsnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Came across this guy years ago, but every time I see a thread asking "why did she say this?" or "why did she do that?" These two simple rules seem to rise to the surface like smoke.....

Such a simple yet powerful frame:

1. Who cares what she thinks
2. The most important person in the relationship is you

I remember a few reactions to these two "rules" where like "oh come on, that's a bit selfish, isn't it?" and the like........

.....his response was simple and to the point:
"you can be sure, that's the way your woman is thinking"

A simple little reframe to keep a man grounded in his own reality and avoid getting sucked into the woman's frame and drama.
I agree 100%

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
If her needs become more important than yours, you need to walk away and re-frame.

If her needs start off more important than yours, you're screwed. Start over.
Precisely.

Quote from Sam Keen, Fire in the Belly: On Being a Man. "There are two questions a man must ask himself, The first is 'Where
am I going?' and the second is, 'Who will go with me?' If you ever get these questions in the wrong order, you are in trouble"

Is she a guest in your world or are you a guest in her world.

Hint: it's better all around if she is a guest in your world.

The impact of breakups can be measured in this way too. If the man was a guest in her world for a long time, upon breakup he will feel lost like a shipwreck in the middle of the ocean. Stranded. If she was a guest in his world for a long time, upon breakup he is still in his house. Business as usual. Grounded. Enjoy some solitude, invite another guest.

greatsnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Precisely.

The impact of breakups can be measured in this way too. If the man was a guest in her world for a long time, upon breakup he will feel lost like a shipwreck in the middle of the ocean. Stranded. If she was a guest in his world for a long time, upon breakup he is still in his house. Business as usual. Grounded. Enjoy some solitude, invite another guest.

Sound advice.

jreb14

Reaction score
I still need to learn the control the frame thing.

PatientOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
I still need to learn the control the frame thing.
Start by having an IDGAF attitude, and don't beat yourself up if you are shot down by a chick. Tell yourself that it is her loss, and believe it. Learn from each situation and then try again.

Reaction score
I have lived by these two rules for the majority of the time especially since I learned about David X. These two rules solve virtually all game's problems, especially overthinking and worrying about the consequences. However, the two rules can also be dangerous because they lead to you be an arsehole. The two rules inherently help you in the short-term but for an LTR to succeed there has to be an element of give and take - comprise. Using these two rules gets you laid quick, and also gets you woman, but in an LTR, a woman will get mad if you do not fight for her - because she thinks you do not care about her, and they start to feel alone.

David X never mentioned whether these rules were successful in an LTR, but only in terms of getting beautiful woman. The two rules need to be calibrated for a proper LTR to last.