How Many Musicians Do We Have Here?

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For those that can sing I am eternally jealous of all you. When G-d made me She surely goofed by giving me a crap voice since that's what I'd like to do most in the world.

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For those that can sing I am eternally jealous of all you. When G-d made me She surely goofed by giving me a crap voice since that's what I'd like to do most in the world.
Are you a female?

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
At first, I was messing around with trance and house, just to pick them apart...I finally settled into ambient breaks. Seems natural to me. See: Massive Attack...but my stuff is more gitchy with weird noises an what I call "break slice processing" which is basically taking drum loop slices and processing them individually or in groups.

my secret weapon of choice:

Ah, you use reasons huh? That was part of my first daw! Now I mostly use studio one ver 3.0.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sing. My voice is Mezzo Soprano with a size able break in the midrange. I can sing most anything Sarah McLachlan or Annie Lenox does...or Ellie King.

Typically if I perform its in church as a soloist or in a small ensemble but I've occasionally sung with bands.

When I get more free time am going to get serious about piano.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was learning piano for a few months a few years ago. I liked the lessons by this guy:

It was filmed in 2008, so he had a whack microphone. Good lessons overall because he teaches you technique and music theory.

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I sing. My voice is Mezzo Soprano with a size able break in the midrange. I can sing most anything Sarah McLachlan or Annie Lenox does...or Ellie King.

Typically if I perform its in church as a soloist or in a small ensemble but I've occasionally sung with bands.

When I get more free time am going to get serious about piano.
This may sound strange, but you actually strike me as someone who might be able to sing. I can normally tell within a few minutes if someone has musical ability. I remember back a few years ago I was at the opening of an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie( he was there too) and a female walked up to me and said hey your a musician and play keyboards huh? I mean she said it like she was sure about it too. I was floored, and how she knew this is beyond me..

Well listen, pretty much ANYTHING you need to know about piano, I can help. Do you have a piano or keyboard? I can give you a few pointers and point you in the right direction, so you don't make the same mistakes I made.

There are a lot of tools out here nowadays esp with midi players like vanbesco player or midiculous. Basically they read midi data and show the notes on a virtual keyboard! And both of these can be used for karaoke too:

4337893_orig.jpg

So, just find the midi for the song you want to learn and viola you have a note for not rendition of pretty much ANY song in existence! I think I have almost all of Annie Lennox and Sarah Mclachlan, me and Sarah are the same age.:up:

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I played drums my whole life and was in a punk rock band in high school way back when. Now in my mid 30s, I've taken up the electric guitar. After my most recent breakup, I went out and bought a dope Schecter guitar hellraiser diamond series 6-string with deep ocean burst color. I practice everyday, yet need proper instruction. Next week, I'm taking my first lesson. My endgame goal is to learn how to play djent / progressive and death metal.

Some bands I've been really digging lately: Plini, Scale the Summit, Polyphia, Animals as Leaders, David Maxim Micic, and The Algorithm.

Seriously check out how good these guys are:

Wow! These are some great musicians, love it!! ;)

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can sing most anything Sarah McLachlan or Annie Lenox does...or Ellie King.
When I get bored at karaoke bars, I'll do 5hit just for the challenge. I can pull off Annie Lennox not bad, and I wish they had Elle King's "Under The Influence" so I could attempt that one.

I've got a range of 3 or 4 octaves. I'll sing Bon Jovi, Led Zeppelin, and then do some fvcking Johnny Cash.

PatientOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
I play the guitar. Mostly metal, across different subgenres. However, I play some non-metal with my Variax. I'm actually going to a jam session tonight. Might start a band. If you can sing and/or play = value.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I get bored at karaoke bars, I'll do 5hit just for the challenge. I can pull off Annie Lennox not bad, and I wish they had Elle King's "Under The Influence" so I could attempt that one.

I've got a range of 3 or 4 octaves. I'll sing Bon Jovi, Led Zeppelin, and then do some fvcking Johnny Cash.
That's a cool track by Ellie King. I do Under the Bridge with the high soprano line at the end sometimes for fun. I've always wanted to try "Crying" by Roy Orbison for kicks.

I wish I could sing Robert Plant. Oh well.

"Alleluia" by Leonard Cohen is a fun one too.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wish I could do Steve Perry. Can't pull it off and Journey's songs tend not to sound so great transcribed down.

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Beautiful falsetto!

PatientOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
I played drums for the first time, last night at a jam session. I wasn't too bad, so I'm going to invest in a kit. A drunk chick was really getting into it.

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I played drums for the first time, last night at a jam session. I wasn't too bad, so I'm going to invest in a kit. A drunk chick was really getting into it.
Lmao! :rofl:Good to hear it, what kind of music you play?

TheProspect

Reaction score
I've been interested in learning how to sing for the past few years but never followed up on it. I'm considering voice lessons in the summer when things are a bit less busy for me.

Besides that,

@Desdinova

@BeExcellent

@Atom Smasher

Any tips for beginners? Starting points?