Hot Aussie who "only wants to be friends"...

harrison9876

Don Juan
Reaction score
Soooooo...

Around 10 years ago, I met a mega hot Blonde Aussie at a play we were both at.

We hit it off right away.

I played with her a bit, and specifically DID NOT ask/get her number. I actually left ahead of her, and chatted up outside with some other people I knew.

She ran out looking for me, and asked me for my number (I did not have to initiate...after-all...I am me...hahaha)..

A couple days later, I called her to hang out...

BUT...

Right away...she wanted to switch to "email only"..which was really odd.

When I asked straight into why...she said it was because she "only just wants to be friends". She furthered by telling me that talking on the phone, only leads guys on.

oh...

great...

Not really sure why I kept talking to her...probably because she was really smoking.

We hung out a few times, but no matter HOW WELL things felt like they "could" have progressed...it was always "no, I am only looking for friendship".

I pretty much dropped it after that.

She was back and forth between Australia and the USA...but EVERY time she came back into town...she wanted to meet and hang.

Alright..whatever.

After a few months...of "casually hanging out"...with her NEVER wanting me to call her or chat on the phone (think I tossed her # anyway by that point)..it just became silly.

Again...she reiterated that she is "only looking for friendship".

After that, I did not bother with her...

6 years pass...never really cared much after...but then 4 weeks ago...she sends me a Facebook Friend request. We start chatting over messenger...

She tells me she moved in town permanently.

She was living in Hawaii...had a long term BF...he was a drug addict...abusive...moved back to LA.

Wants to reconnect.

I was flirting with her quite a bit, and she was flirting back...but again...this is EXACTLY how we were before.

We decide we should get together and meet/chat/catch-up.

Right after the convo ended...I thought to myself..."what am I doing with time?"

This is a girl who:

a) won't chat on the phone
b) has told me numerous times, she is only interested in friendship
c) has guys all over her.

We are both 41 now...and sure...it's cool to hang out with a hot Aussie...but for what?

I find that there always seems to be 2 points of view when it comes to similar situations:

1) keep the friendship...use her as a pivot to one of her friends (though I have NEVER met any of them)... keep HER in the friendzone.

or

2) stop wasting my time.

After reflecting on how the "relationship" has been...I really cannot see ANYTHING going beyond what already has been...and I really do not care as much as I did 10 years ago.

I am correct in completely walking away on this one?

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want more ask her if she is looking for more. If she says no walk

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
If all she wants is friends, just move on. She ain't that attractive, why would you want to be her new orbiter? Crocodile Dundee wouldn't even be her orbiter, he'd throw her on the barbie and do better than her.

Case closed. Block her.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I am going to go against the masses here. You can probably get a/some lay(s) out of her, if thats what YOU want.

Agree with her that you want to be friends too. Then go out "as friends". Tell her about the other women in your dating life like she was one of the guys. "Hey I smashed this great looking chick from bla bla", etc. Make comments on how good of a friend she is. Pretty soon her hamster will take over and she will be going "Why does he only want to be friends with me? Am I ugly? Doesn't he like me?" Many women want to be friends on THEIR terms, but not yours. Once she thinks its on your terms and not hers, she is going to try to change the terms by getting you to want her a gain. Exploit that behavior and get her back to her house and nail her. I have done this with success on multiple occasions, "fvcked" my "friend". Its a game with the womans emotions and its pretty effective.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Soooooo...

Around 10 years ago, I met a mega hot Blonde Aussie at a play we were both at.

We hit it off right away.

I played with her a bit, and specifically DID NOT ask/get her number. I actually left ahead of her, and chatted up outside with some other people I knew.

She ran out looking for me, and asked me for my number (I did not have to initiate...after-all...I am me...hahaha)..

A couple days later, I called her to hang out...

BUT...

Right away...she wanted to switch to "email only"..which was really odd.

When I asked straight into why...she said it was because she "only just wants to be friends". She furthered by telling me that talking on the phone, only leads guys on.

oh...

great...

Not really sure why I kept talking to her...probably because she was really smoking.

We hung out a few times, but no matter HOW WELL things felt like they "could" have progressed...it was always "no, I am only looking for friendship".

I pretty much dropped it after that.

She was back and forth between Australia and the USA...but EVERY time she came back into town...she wanted to meet and hang.

Alright..whatever.

After a few months...of "casually hanging out"...with her NEVER wanting me to call her or chat on the phone (think I tossed her # anyway by that point)..it just became silly.

Again...she reiterated that she is "only looking for friendship".

After that, I did not bother with her...

6 years pass...never really cared much after...but then 4 weeks ago...she sends me a Facebook Friend request. We start chatting over messenger...

She tells me she moved in town permanently.

She was living in Hawaii...had a long term BF...he was a drug addict...abusive...moved back to LA.

Wants to reconnect.

I was flirting with her quite a bit, and she was flirting back...but again...this is EXACTLY how we were before.

We decide we should get together and meet/chat/catch-up.

Right after the convo ended...I thought to myself..."what am I doing with time?"

This is a girl who:

a) won't chat on the phone
b) has told me numerous times, she is only interested in friendship
c) has guys all over her.

We are both 41 now...and sure...it's cool to hang out with a hot Aussie...but for what?

I find that there always seems to be 2 points of view when it comes to similar situations:

1) keep the friendship...use her as a pivot to one of her friends (though I have NEVER met any of them)... keep HER in the friendzone.

or

2) stop wasting my time.

After reflecting on how the "relationship" has been...I really cannot see ANYTHING going beyond what already has been...and I really do not care as much as I did 10 years ago.

I am correct in completely walking away on this one?
Yes. One chance per life time. She had hers 10 years ago and didn't want it.

Don't waste any time or energy or emotion in this one.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want more ask her if she is looking for more. If she says no walk
She already made it clear over 4 years she didn't want more. I think he would be swinging at an empty plate to even bring it up.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She already made it clear over 4 years she didn't want more. I think he would be swinging at an empty plate to even bring it up.
oh, I thought that maybe she had realized that she wanted stable and nice, and that was why she was re entering orbit status.

Chicks do that. Re examine past relationships thinking "wow, I missed an opportunity here". But I definitely think that should be qualified up front.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that if you want to bang her you should be getting her drunk. take her to a bar near your house to "hang out" man.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've known her for ten years?? Time for some straight talk. No more beating around the bush with this one!

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh, I thought that maybe she had realized that she wanted stable and nice, and that was why she was re entering orbit status.

Chicks do that. Re examine past relationships thinking "wow, I missed an opportunity here". But I definitely think that should be qualified up front.
"Realized", yeah. Fed through the bullsh!t detector, that means her mood is telling her now that she wants a beta now. 10 years ago, when she was out after hot sex, she didnt. He should keep his dignity by either not getting involved with her or preferably fvcking and dumping her, like lefty gave instruction for.

ChangePages

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would tell her my intentions and if she doesnt agree to them drop her

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard of women leading men on but this girl is an MVP for this one.

You met her 10 years ago and she is still able to lead you on, give you false hope and have you making internet posts about her.

You have been the best orbiter, ego massage and validation to her than any other man. Stop wasting your time on a woman that is more than happy to spread her legs for a drug addict but gives you the friendship line every time.

FwoGiZ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am going to go against the masses here. You can probably get a/some lay(s) out of her, if thats what YOU want.

Agree with her that you want to be friends too. Then go out "as friends". Tell her about the other women in your dating life like she was one of the guys. "Hey I smashed this great looking chick from bla bla", etc. Make comments on how good of a friend she is. Pretty soon her hamster will take over and she will be going "Why does he only want to be friends with me? Am I ugly? Doesn't he like me?" Many women want to be friends on THEIR terms, but not yours. Once she thinks its on your terms and not hers, she is going to try to change the terms by getting you to want her a gain. Exploit that behavior and get her back to her house and nail her. I have done this with success on multiple occasions, "fvcked" my "friend". Its a game with the womans emotions and its pretty effective.
This is exactly how I roll... there are several potential reasons she is saying that but it's irrelevent...
You trying to talk to her about your intentions will simply raise a beta flag to her and she obviously will not be attracted to you or consider you. She doesn't seem to be after a provider.

Maybe she's into open relationships, or just like to have couples FB. If that is the case, these kinda girls HATE clinger guys so telling her your intentions would be a bad idea imo. This is the logical male way to talk... women don't understand that. Talk her language instead, feely emotions and covert talk. "Wow at last a chick that isn't just trying to shove commitment down my throat or golddigging. Hell yeah we can be friend *****! Let's go have a drink at the bar this Friday! I got insane stories for ya"
Then at the bar, you use the C&F tactic, move on to sex talk, FRIENDLY touch her (not sensually, not flirtily) to hope for some tingles (if she's subconsciously attracted to you) and then bam next thing you know, you're banging her in the bathroom and you just have yourself a great fun friend. Go from there... but after you're banging her and bring up relationship stuff and she says she like you as a friend, NEVER EVER bring the relationship thing back and just keep having fun with her man. Life's short and if you two get along then enjoy it. Don't let society brainwash you into thinking you need THIS or THAT type of relationship.

Chev.Chelios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's just it, goes for the typical abusive drug addict while your probably an actual good catch..

your like kale juice that saves your life in the long run.. nobody drinks it..

Drug addict is like Pepsi that's liquid cancer and sure goes great with tacos.. sold world wide, moral of the story just be like the fckn Pepsi, drugs, abuse, instant powerful emotions to tame that strange.

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hot Aussie: I just want to be friends.
Old Skoolr: I have enough friends.

The fact it took you a decade to realise she was a waste of time, is laughable.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
She controlled the frame from the get go.........the frame grab was insisting to switch to email because talking on
the phone only leads men on.........you accepted her frame and agreed to be friend zoned.......

....you hung out for a few months.......because she was "smoking hot"? But you weren't fvcking her or gaining any benefit from
"hanging out" with her. So after a few months it became silly........nah it was silly from the get go to entertain her and be her girlfriend....sounds like you were mesmerized by her "smoking hotness"......

So ten years ago she was "smoking hot" and she's been riding the c0ck carousal no doubt.......fvcking a skanky drug addict etc.....now ten years later she is reconnecting with you. Could it be that her smoking hotness is fading and she wants to reconnect with that old beta friend who could make a nice provider right now? Now that her smv is fading.......

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
I've heard of women leading men on but this girl is an MVP for this one.

You met her 10 years ago and she is still able to lead you on, give you false hope and have you making internet posts about her.

You have been the best orbiter, ego massage and validation to her than any other man. Stop wasting your time on a woman that is more than happy to spread her legs for a drug addict but gives you the friendship line every time.
That's real good El Payaso, Imma let you finish, but the OP was her best orbiter of all time!

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I have had my plenty of "realized after i have moved on," girls who realized my value when it was too late, but it was always just that. Too late. I had moved on.

I firmly believe in one chance per life time.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This is the shît right here. Best strategy you can do. Time to shît or get off the pot.